What anime are you watching?

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
i used to really enjoy the PARASYTE manga back in the late 90's when it was being serialized in MIXX ZINE. somehow it always seemed profound and engaging.

indeed, i never knew they had an Anime adaption in the works, just looked at a trailer. indeed the parasite sequences look about like how i remember them,
but that sure does seem like some very different character design. i guess they just didn't want to risk making it a period piece?
i suppose the entire concept would be a bit of a tough sell these days, hell, i'm surprised such a project even got off the ground...
That's m y main gripe, Shinji just doesn't feel like Shinji. The only person who resembles their manga counterparts is his Dad. Hopefully the series pans out and I end up really liking it.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I just started watching Death Note. I'm very impressed so far. I didn't know Post 90s anime could be worth a damn(aside from Samurai Champloo).

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Psycho Pass season 2 started yesterday, but I just caught the first episode today and it looks like the plot will be very interesting, even more so than season 1. I do have to say that I already can't stand the new inspector that they introduced at the end of the last season....ugh.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Watched Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Resonance), not incredible but I still liked it a lot. Good finale, which is rare in anime. About to finish Knights of Sidonia, pretty incredible looking scifi that is a bit on the dark side. about 1/3 of the way through Space Dandy which I like to describe as Bebop on acid. Rouroni Kenshin, sadly I skipped this one back in the day but am trying to plow through it to get me hype about playing Samsho2 and Last Blade :p

I just started watching Death Note. I'm very impressed so far. I didn't know Post 90s anime could be worth a damn(aside from Samurai Champloo).

There is a lot of good post 90’s anime. I HIGHLY recommend Gungrave.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Psycho Pass season 2 started yesterday, but I just caught the first episode today and it looks like the plot will be very interesting, even more so than season 1. I do have to say that I already can't stand the new inspector that they introduced at the end of the last season....ugh.

I need to watch this series from the start - heard a lot of good things.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member

I really need to watch the premier as last season Psycho Pass was my fav

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Has anybody else checked out Tokyo Ghoul? Kind of a silly premise but it's got some cool characters and is seriously twisted

Thanks man, I checked it out at your suggestion and started watching Tokyo Ghoul this week, now I'm hooked. The whole theme of the series is so strangely awesome. Finally another good horror anime, and one that's all perverse and shit too.

Watching it subbed on hulu.

Episode four reminds me of Fallout New Vegas' 'White Glove Society', love this episode.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Watching the first vol of RWBY again. The next one comes out in December.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Saw the first episode of Rage of Bahamut tonight, wasn't blown away by it, but the animation is slick and it's a fun show, fans of something like Trigun or similarly silly action shows will probably enjoy it

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Thanks man, I checked it out at your suggestion and started watching Tokyo Ghoul this week, now I'm hooked. The whole theme of the series is so strangely awesome. Finally another good horror anime, and one that's all perverse and shit too.

Watching it subbed on hulu.

Episode four reminds me of Fallout New Vegas' 'White Glove Society', love this episode.

Hey dude, glad you liked it, can't wait for the second season myself, plus Viz is bringing the Manga over to the states and the author just started a sequel series with a new protagonist and set of characters, so lots to look forward to there :)

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Watched every episode and OVA of Terra Formars that's out right now, so much dismemberment in this show, and I never thought a humanoid species of cockroach that looks like an army of naked bodybuilders could be so imposing

It's fun but for some reason the OVA (which tells the first chunk of the story, basically the prologue) isn't going to be finished until November, and they started airing the series which takes place after the OVA in October, the series even references scenes from the OVA that hasn't been released yet, someone fucked up there, it's still easy enough to follow though, the OVA just goes over the last failed mission to Mars to exterminate these giant cockroach monsters that goes horribly horribly wrong, and the series covers the next expedition where the humans sent are basically ready for an all out war, upping the crew from around fifteen to a hundred, things still go horribly wrong, it has a feeling like the movie Mimic (also about evil bugs that were supposed to die off but instead evolved into perfect killing machines) there's some Alien in there with an unstoppable sci-fi focused enemy that is quickly picking people off, and a bit of Attack on Titan with the whole dire situations and character deaths tone

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Getting ready to slam through Aim for the Top 1 and 2.
I loved these two series but haven't watched them in years.
Oh yea, if you haven't seen Ghost in the Shell: Arise, do so. Loved it.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Oh yea, if you haven't seen Ghost in the Shell: Arise, do so. Loved it.

I started it, got really bored and gave up on it. I guess I just wanted it to be SAC 1+2. On your reco, I'm willing to give it another shot tho :vik:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I started it, got really bored and gave up on it. I guess I just wanted it to be SAC 1+2. On your reco, I'm willing to give it another shot tho :vik:

All the real action starts in ep 3. Then it trails off to end... I liked it alot, but take that with a grain of salt considering it's supposed to be a sorta reboot. I also liked the design of the Logicoma.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Watched every episode and OVA of Terra Formars that's out right now, so much dismemberment in this show, and I never thought a humanoid species of cockroach that looks like an army of naked bodybuilders could be so imposing

It's fun but for some reason the OVA (which tells the first chunk of the story, basically the prologue) isn't going to be finished until November, and they started airing the series which takes place after the OVA in October, the series even references scenes from the OVA that hasn't been released yet, someone fucked up there, it's still easy enough to follow though, the OVA just goes over the last failed mission to Mars to exterminate these giant cockroach monsters that goes horribly horribly wrong, and the series covers the next expedition where the humans sent are basically ready for an all out war, upping the crew from around fifteen to a hundred, things still go horribly wrong, it has a feeling like the movie Mimic (also about evil bugs that were supposed to die off but instead evolved into perfect killing machines) there's some Alien in there with an unstoppable sci-fi focused enemy that is quickly picking people off, and a bit of Attack on Titan with the whole dire situations and character deaths tone

I've been reading the manga for about a year now. Let me tell you, shit gets REALLY fucked up, like a lot more than Attack on Titan.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I've been reading the manga for about a year now. Let me tell you, shit gets REALLY fucked up, like a lot more than Attack on Titan.

I'm glad to hear it gets more fucked up, and I already prefer Terra Formars to Attack on Titan (which I found boring)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
All the real action starts in ep 3. Then it trails off to end... I liked it alot, but take that with a grain of salt considering it's supposed to be a sorta reboot. I also liked the design of the Logicoma.

ep 3 you say eh? fair enough! I'll work my way through to see how it goes. :)

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Terra Formars TV eps 1-3 uncensored subs are now up on nyaatorrents FYI. I'm going to give the series a shot, you guys are certainly intriguing me

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Had a Hellsing Ultimate marathon last night.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Terra Formars TV eps 1-3 uncensored subs are now up on nyaatorrents FYI. I'm going to give the series a shot, you guys are certainly intriguing me

uncensored is definitely the way to view the show, otherwise there are portions that are just a series of blacked out frames, it's a pretty straight forward show but it's a hell of a lot of fun, its one of those shows where you can't wait to see where it goes next

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not an anime but anime related Aoi Honoo/Blue Blazes is very awesome. If you're an old school fan you gotta check it out.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
This final volume was worth the wait.
Indeed it was

That's m y main gripe, Shinji just doesn't feel like Shinji. The only person who resembles their manga counterparts is his Dad. Hopefully the series pans out and I end up really liking it.

I just caught up on Parasyte (I think episode 6 just aired) and Shinichi undergoes a marked change between episodes 5 and 6, I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure if he's now more in line with his manga counterpart but I was reminded of your statements about him not feeling like the same character when I saw the episode and felt it was worth mentioning

Last edited: