Weird MVS carts from Yaton

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
I've got a couple of carts that have been re-cased.

Breakers is in a textured case (not smooth, like you would usually find) which is fine.

My Blazing Star has also been re-cased, but the case is shit!
It looks like the real thing on the outside but on the inside it doesn't have the board supports at the top.
Which means the boards moved around and came into contact with each other.

I had to fix it up with some sticky-backed foam.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Gummy Bear said:
I've got a couple of carts that have been re-cased.

Breakers is in a textured case (not smooth, like you would usually find) which is fine.

My Blazing Star has also been re-cased, but the case is shit!
It looks like the real thing on the outside but on the inside it doesn't have the board supports at the top.
Which means the boards moved around and came into contact with each other.

I had to fix it up with some sticky-backed foam.

Textured like the MS4 case?? hmmm, like those, like them a LOT!!

where did you get it from?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
J0e Musashi said:
How many you need John?

You wouldn't like my lowballing.....

Well I'm always on the lookout for deals. I just got 3 cases from eBay for £7 shipped which I thought was pretty good. They were the clear blue ones.

I like carts in non-black cases if possible.... but not SNKG - I know they're yours!

What cases have you got and how much?

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
beh3moth said:
Textured like the MS4 case?? hmmm, like those, like them a LOT!!

where did you get it from?

It is quite nice.

I got it from eBay a while ago (not that that helps you at all :drool: )
The case and label are non standard, the boards are genuine though.

Textured cases don't show up scratches as much as smooth.
I can see why you like them, mate.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I bought a MS4 kit new from Arcade Shock and it had one of the textured cases.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
norton9478 said:
Yao used to be great... But he is nearing the bottom of his stock... Bad Labels, Questionable Coversions, Non SNK Shells.

I only buy stuff from him with original Label... Then you can be almost assurd that it's 100% legit....

He does have great customer service...... His english is 100x better than it was when I first started dealing with him 2 years ago.

He once sent me this Metal SlVG [sic] cart.

Slugboot2.jpg

Slugboot1.jpg

I wrote him, sent him the pics and he sent me $10 for return shipping to CA. Once he got it, he Globaled me a legit copy and a KOF 99.

But 90% of the shit he has now is pretty suspsicious...

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of his JAMMA PCB's Though...... He seems to be doing more of that.

Be careful even if the carts have original labels. I got a Sengoku 2 from yaton (which I received to replace a non-working neo bomberman he had sent me). It had an original label, but guess what? That's right, its a boot. At first I thought that boots had to have tons of wires inside (see next paragraph), but that's not the case. It has a bunch of those mx flash rom chips in it. A bunch of the other games I have bought off of yaton have been boots lately but I just found out recently (a couple of months after I already bought them).

I do have to say that the ugliest boot I have ever recieved was from Great Western Trading through their website before they sold much on ebay (now they are gwgat on ebay). It was supposed to be a japanese Waku Waku 7. This cart has wires all over the place and one chip soldered on top of another chip. I wouldnt' be too upset, but I paid the going rate and it was supposedly "special ordered" from overseas. I waited a couple of months for this boot. Yes this was before I belonged to this forum, so I was less educated at that point in time.

There are still some carts I want to get but I guess I'll have to be very careful when shopping on ebay or just stick to these forums.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
I've bought 4 carts from Yaton. No bootlegs so far but Samurai Shodown 4 had a replacement case (blue).

Very sastisfied.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Just curious, because I plan on ordering a couple carts from Yaton. Do boots play well, or do they have problems?

I am asking because I am not the type of person to open up a cart and check. I will only open the cart if it needs cleaning.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
boots are likely to have some graphic/sound glitches due to dodgy wiring / soldering or the samples not being copied onto the chips.

Some play just like the originals, most play about 90-95% like the original and some are screwed.

point is you shouldn't be paying the $$ for an original game and then get a booty copy.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
zapatistab said:
I am asking because I am not the type of person to open up a cart and check. I will only open the cart if it needs cleaning.
You should probably become that kind of person if you're ordering a lot from Yaton. :) I haven't received any boots from him but I still check everything I get just to be sure. It only takes a couple minutes per cart and it won't make the label look noticeably worse (most of his labels are either fake or well beaten).

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Murray said:
You should probably become that kind of person if you're ordering a lot from Yaton. :) I haven't received any boots from him but I still check everything I get just to be sure. It only takes a couple minutes per cart and it won't make the label look noticeably worse (most of his labels are either fake or well beaten).

I guess I will have to check the carts then. But as far as labels go, I don't care. I would rather have a fake nice looking label, than a crappy original one.

Jontra

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hello Friends,

I am watching Yanton for a while now on E-Bay. I've noticed that this man sells Neo Geo carts as "100 % Original".
After reading many post I came to the conclusion that this man lowered the market prices of the Neo Geo carts by selling a mix of 100% original games and bootlegs. But always uses "100 % Original" for the games he offers.

I think he must stop selling games like this way. Does anyone share the same opinion?

I'm just curious what you all think.

Thanks,

Jontra

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I think he has about 3 classes of games:

100% original: legit game, legit label, usually no serials
Original, fake label: legit boards, maybe replaced shell, replacement label
100% working: bootleg, but he'll guarantee that it works

If you look on his site (www.arcademvs.com), he spells things out pretty clearly. AFAIK he doesn't intentionally misrepresent anything. If something gets screwed up or he's wrong, he tries to make good on it.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
i search Yanton in the forums because i've been checking his ebay auctions for the last couple days and BAM i get like 25 hits, some good some bad. i'm still new enough to not spot a fake but trying to get to it. regardless i'd rather not purchase one and then deal with what sounds more time consuming that it's worth, $5-$10 more could get one from a more reliable source.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Buffi said:
I've bought 4 carts from Yaton. No bootlegs so far but Samurai Shodown 4 had a replacement case (blue).

Very sastisfied.

Same here. I was worried buying from yanton that I even put up a hate thread because I thought that he had ripped me off. He doesn't have the best english. But he is a good dealer indeed. you pay the price for what you get. I got blazingstar "nonboot" but in a replacement blue case like said before. it seems that he has been selling alot of blue carts latley, I am satisfied. The cart looks mint, and thats what I have been going for. He gave me a shit label, but i am working on replacing numerouse ammounts of those for the carts that i wont sell. And If I sell, i will tell that It honestly is a replacement sticker.

aluisi

Geese's Thug
Every one here is the thing about Yanton. If you buy from him on eBay 99% of the time the carts are legit. Its extremely rare to buy a boot from him on eBay. The carts some time will look like some little kid was dumping dirt in it but that's the price of cheep MVS games.

Now if you buy from Yantons website and you buy the "special" carts from his site all of them are 100% boots. So he states up there under the "special" 100% working. In Yanton terms 100% working = boot.

Now if you do receive a boot from him on eBay he will always replace the cart and you don't have to send the other one back. So be careful when buy from his site. The key thing to remember on his site that "special" = boot.