Weird MVS carts from Yaton

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I've just got my first (and possibly last) MVS order from yaton (it has needed more than a month to arrive), a total of 4 carts: kizuna encounter, sonic wings 3, neodriftout and last blade. The first strange thing is that the last 3 carts have a very different brand new and clean case, while kizuna had a regular case dirty as hell. Here's one of the new cases on the left, and kizuna on the right:

carts.jpg

I opened them all and sonic wings 3 and neo drift out look like bootlegs to me:

sonicwings1.jpg

sonicwings2.jpg

driftout1.jpg

driftout2.jpg

Last Blade boards had all Toshiba chips and are 100% legit, other than the new case and the fake label (that is upside-down btw). Kizuna looks like an original too but I want to make sure:

kizuna1.jpg

kizuna2.jpg

All carts play perfect and pass the unibios crc check.

What do you think of the new cases? Has yaton produced new ones for his stock?

Thanks in advance.

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
Kizuna is legit, but both sonic wings 3 and neodriftout are boots :(

Those MX chips are flash roms...

The new cases are probably generic cases to replace broken cases or to sell boots...

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
I would be surprised if he were having them made, he sells his carts for so cheap I would think having them custom made would cut into his profits quite a bit. Who knows though, that plastic in your pic does look like it is not smooth like just about every MVS cart case I have ever seen though.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I've heard he'll make good on bootlegs, but you'll be waiting a long while again to receive your carts.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Those are definitely boots.

I just receive a bulk order from him & the same incident happened.

He should refund you, simply contact him.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
that's why i ordered some carts from cosmicco, last month. again.

i also once asked yaton, if he could make sure that the carts i was interested in were 100% original, but never got an answer to my question. i am under the impression that he's trying to pass off carts for cheap and then cash in on infated shipping costs.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I received one of those new cased games from him awhile back...forget what the game in it was,may have been Kizuna.
I was pretty shocked to see the new case thinking:"where the heck is he getting these"
I figure whatever warehouse he is unloading has tons of stuff and may have/had boxes of unused new cases...as he never seems to run out of MVS carts to sell.

Thing is:..the new cased game he sent me would not fit into my 4 slot mobo shell...It was too fat..So I had to change the case.
Sometimes I think he has a line of kids sitting, putting these carts together..

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Yeah, I've gotten those cases too. He also has these really generic blue ones. No big deal in my opinion. As far as the boots go, he'll refund you. Maybe you won't even have to send them back.

I guess I have mixed feelings about yaton. He usually delivers, or corrects his mistakes. He is obviously not a Neo fan. This is just his job. I know he knows some of the stuff he sells is bootleg. I have made it very clear that I check every cart and that I will request a refund on the bootleg ones, so he won't sell me any boots. It is more of a hassel for him. I bid and won a Twinkle Star Sprites on eBay and he wrote me and said it was a bootleg and that he would disregard the auction.

So it's cool that he will make sure you don't get stuck with a boot, but it's kinda lame that he will sell boots to unaware people. I guess he doesn't want to be stuck with them either!

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
maybe he manufactured em in a factory in china..along with a bunch off pcb's..iam still waiting for my shipment from him it's said i should get it in 10-14 days...why doe's he shipped fromchina anyway's?? his ppal account is in HK and his ebay account is in canada.....on my last order he charge me tax...be cause iam in canada...but i ask him then he took it off :annoyed: .....he seem to be a really nice person to deal with.....but check all cart's just to make sure :eye:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, I usually order carts from cosmicco too (never got a bootleg from them), but for once I wanted to try how yaton worked. His prices on some carts were really good (too good to be true actually), and since he takes paypal I don't have the hassle (and added cost) of sending cosmicco a money order, and I had some money floating in my paypal account I wanted to spend.

He shipped the games on August 25th (right after I paid for 3 auctions and one game directly from his store), but they arrived today. Slow as hell Canada->Spain shipping (he actually, shipped from BC, Canada, I was there last summer and there's a lot of Chinese people there). Actually, I send him an email last week because I thought the package had been lost, he replied saying he would try to use the insurance in that case. And then, other than the fake labels (I already expected them) and cases (which are actually quite nice, much better than a dirty original one) that fit well in my 2-slot (one of them had a "bump" but it's not important), I'm now stuck with 2 bootlegs (that were the 2 most expensive carts from the lot, still below the regular market price). I've emailed him and we'll see how we sort this out. The problem is that shipping them back to Canada is going to be expensive, I'd rather keep them and get a partial refund or something, and I don't want to have to wait another month for another package from him to arrive. I didn't specifically ask that I didn't want bootlegs and that I can tell the difference, but he advertised them as originals and I thought he was more reliable.

So yeah, now we have the bootleg issue pending, we'll see how is it resolved. Anyway most likely I'm not going to order from him again and keep using cosmicco as always.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yao used to be great... But he is nearing the bottom of his stock... Bad Labels, Questionable Coversions, Non SNK Shells.

I only buy stuff from him with original Label... Then you can be almost assurd that it's 100% legit....

He does have great customer service...... His english is 100x better than it was when I first started dealing with him 2 years ago.

He once sent me this Metal SlVG [sic] cart.

Slugboot2.jpg

Slugboot1.jpg

I wrote him, sent him the pics and he sent me $10 for return shipping to CA. Once he got it, he Globaled me a legit copy and a KOF 99.

But 90% of the shit he has now is pretty suspsicious...

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of his JAMMA PCB's Though...... He seems to be doing more of that.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Well, I usually order carts from cosmicco too.
just got the following games :

ms3 - $53, i think. definitely been a real good deal.
kof99 - $8
rbs - $14 or $15. not sure.

all of them are 100% legit and have original labels.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Well, I've bought from Yaton, too. I got Metal Slug 4 complete kit, KoF 2003 kit, KoF 2001 kit, Blazing Star and Shock Troopers (both original label) for about $210 grand fuckin' total. Canadian!

Pretty good deal, methinks.

But more than that, I've actually been to his house and spoken with him. I can say that he for sure isn't a Neo fan, this is his job. But he's a nice guy, and I wonder if he even knows the difference beween a boot and the real thing seeing as how he isn't an enthusiast and the is a fair bit to know after all. I'm sure he knows some, but he probably doesn't open every cart. Fuck, he has hundreds of them everywhere. Neatly stacked and well cared for, but everywhere. And though some of his stock is phony for sure, I think the fact that he's willing to incur the cost of replacing or refunding it is proof enough for me.

Anyway, I'm going there again soon. I can look at any carts with clear cases to check for boots if anyone wants. Could save a bit of hassle.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
My Copy of Twinkle Star Sprites is a bootleg too.

Twinkletop.jpg

I thaught the top was alright, but the chips with MX on it didn't feal right to me, then I saw the bottom.

TwinkleBottom.jpg

Two flash's right on it. And the case wasn't SNK made either, it feals smooth.

It sucks because I wanted to get Last Blade 2 from him and I know theirs a good chance that it could be bootleged.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
HeartlessNinny said:
Well, I've bought from Yaton, too. I got Metal Slug 4 complete kit, KoF 2003 kit, KoF 2001 kit, Blazing Star and Shock Troopers (both original label) for about $210 grand fuckin' total. Canadian!

Pretty good deal, methinks.

But more than that, I've actually been to his house and spoken with him. I can say that he for sure isn't a Neo fan, this is his job. But he's a nice guy, and I wonder if he even knows the difference beween a boot and the real thing seeing as how he isn't an enthusiast and the is a fair bit to know after all. I'm sure he knows some, but he probably doesn't open every cart. Fuck, he has hundreds of them everywhere. Neatly stacked and well cared for, but everywhere. And though some of his stock is phony for sure, I think the fact that he's willing to incur the cost of replacing or refunding it is proof enough for me.

Anyway, I'm going there again soon. I can look at any carts with clear cases to check for boots if anyone wants. Could save a bit of hassle.

he has hundreds of them(MVS carts) everywhere. Neatly stacked and well cared for, but everywhere

Man,I would love to see that..

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
I haven't bothered opening my Twinkle Star Sprites from Yaton and I'm pretty sure it's a boot (also has a case I've never seen a SNK cart have before).

I feel like a bit of a whore saying this, but the game plays perfectly, and given what I paid for it ($35), I honestly don't care if it's a boot. Then again, I'm not much of a collector.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
chris1 said:
Man,I would love to see that..

It's definitely a thing of beauty. The room with his computer equipment has two big shelves, one for orders going out, another just stock.

Then there's another room. MVS, as far as the eye can see... :drool:

By the way, I didn't look at his Last Blade 2s, but the Last Blade 1 cart I looked at last time I was there was real for sure, with a real label. It would be easy to check the 2s, because I think they do have clear cases. I'll see if I can. But I would think that for a more common game like that, it's probably real. Twinkle Star Sprites, on the other hand, is really unlikely to be real. Same with his Waku Waku 7 and Overtop carts.

Though you never know...

But yeah. Some people don't mind boots for rare games, and it seemed to me that most of his boots were of that variety. I wouldn't touch them with a 40 foot clown pole myself, but like I once said, I'm not huffy enough to yell at anyone for doing it, though I may think badly of it.

On the other hand, it's the guy's livelyhood, and he's got a couple cute kids. So I guess I'll leave the philosophy for another day. :spock:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm not angry it's a boot, because I only paid 40 bucks for it and the thing works fine, if I paid over 70 THEN I'd be pissed. I guess I'll just stick to the Neo-Want Adds for real carts

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
HeartlessNinny said:
It's definitely a thing of beauty. The room with his computer equipment has two big shelves, one for orders going out, another just stock.

By the way, I didn't look at his Last Blade 2s, but the Last Blade 1 cart I looked at last time I was there was real for sure, with a real label. It would be easy to check the 2s, because I think they do have clear cases. I'll see if I can. But I would think that for a more common game like that, it's probably real. Twinkle Star Sprites, on the other hand, is really unlikely to be real. Same with his Waku Waku 7 and Overtop carts.

Though you never know...

But yeah. Some people don't mind boots for rare games, and it seemed to me that most of his boots were of that variety. I wouldn't touch them with a 40 foot clown pole myself, but like I once said, I'm not huffy enough to yell at anyone for doing it, though I may think badly of it.

On the other hand, it's the guy's livelyhood, and he's got a couple cute kids. So I guess I'll leave the philosophy for another day. :spock:

I got a 100% original Waku Waku 7 from yaton a few months back. I have another on the way from him... I hope it's real too. This thread is scaring me.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
HeartlessNinny said:

Though you never know...

What Yaton needs is a guy like you to help him ...sort out the real from- boots etc..to get an understanding of what is what etc.
I'd do it for a free cart here and there. :glee:
I would like to buy a Twinkle Star Sprites from him if it was legit
.........and if not legit,then for a really cheap price.

I'd like to know if he has anymore SSV kits..
I have a loose cart but I want a kit.

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
So far all the carts I've bought from him are legit, including my Waku Waku 7 and Last Blade 2. He's always been quick to ship for me, but I may have to keep a closer eye on his stuff if he's starting to send boots.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I just got in Last Blade, KOF98, and Real Bout 2 from him and they're all legit. Last Blade and RB2 had fake labels and new cases but they were all legit inside.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I bought kabuki klash, last blade, aero fighters 2, rbff2, magical drop 2, aof3, kof 96, blazing star and ninja masters. All ngh numbers match and they all look like official carts. He will give you a refund or send you the real deal if he makes that mistake. He isnt in the business of checking them all, just selling so tell him whats wrong and he will definetly fix it. He is a good guy and for the price if theres a mistake, well so what he makes good on it. Shipping does take a long time though and if you ask him he will give you a discount if you buy alot of his stuff. So all in all I think he is right on for what he does. imo

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, I sent him bootleg Neo Drift Out back 2 weeks ago and he received it today. He says he doesn't have any original one in stock so he'll just refund me including shipping fee in the following days. I didn't send Sonic Wings 3 back because I found somebody who particularly wanted to have it so I sold it to him for around what costed me.

So if you order a Neo Drift Out be warned it will almost certainly be a bootleg. For 35$ I shouldn't have expected the real deal, I guess.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Just bought KOF97 and 01 from Yaton. They arrived in the UK in about 8 days (very good) - low shipping value to avoid customs - what mor ecan I ask.

Both are originals.

As for those cases mentioned earlier, I have two of these odd cases.

One is SvC and one Matrimelee (both boots)

One is a clear case, one black, but both have a "frosted" texture unlike to smooth MVS cases.

Does anyone know anywhere good to buy MVS replacement cases?