Voting is up for DarkSofts Neo Geo Multi Cart Design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah, it seems like no one wants to do it. Our best option is probably to do a kickstarter and throw an unlimited supply of money at Krikzz, and hope he bites. Not usre how much it would cost to prototype, and then manufacture one of these things, and keep someone employed to work on it, but I think it would be a lot. It seems there is no shortage of money in the neo community though. People are paying over a grand for shitty $60.00 161-IN-1 carts that function on an AES without a converter.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Just keep an eye on this thread.

How this should be done is known and has been for a while. A cart with a LCD screen and some buttons on it is not worthy of the NeoGeo system in my opinion. It's got to be bells and whistles, something ultra special. Something that even an avid NeoGeo collector would want to have displayed on their shelves and not use for fear of scratching it. Since when has the NeoGeo population settled for 2nd best..

Thankfully there are knowledgeable genuine people in this community who respect other members of the community that can come together to make something happen without having to steal/use without permission other community members work.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
In all honesty, if someone manages to swap a couple of memory chips on a 138-in-1 or 161-in-1 in order to get the hacks out and put in the good games we're good to go, imho.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
A flash cart for neo? sounds like an interesting idea but in the other hand makes me remember a teenager downloading ROMS for NeoRage all exited the first couple of days just to get bored after, maybe I am getting old and I need a hobby or the idea of acquiring carts still amuses me.

I don't own a multicart for the same reason, part of the charm all these years have been getting the original cart not a boot because it is part of the SNK legacy, ways to play games you don't own have existed for years but we are still in love with the original smelly AES carts, we still bid on eBay for insane amounts and prices can only go higher, the tool for programming? bullshit the UB incorporated PC2NEO long time ago, new programmers there are just a bunch, really dedicated ones with releases just a couple.

Do I need a flash cart? no! and I bet most of the people here either.

I dare to say it will go down in neo history as all those multi carts or converters have in the past, who owns one also haves an MVS and AES a bunch of carts for both, it's a novelty and amuses a couple of days and then becomes a dust collector, and you keep buying carts.

just my opinion nothing else.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Whatcha thinking Raz?

Thankfully there are knowledgeable genuine people in this community who respect other members of the community that can come together to make something happen without having to steal/use without permission other community members work.

I'm in... whatever it is:p

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Whatcha thinking Raz?

I'm in... whatever it is:p

xROTx

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
A flash cart for neo? sounds like an interesting idea but in the other hand makes me remember a teenager downloading ROMS for NeoRage all exited the first couple of days just to get bored after, maybe I am getting old and I need a hobby or the idea of acquiring carts still amuses me.

I don't own a multicart for the same reason, part of the charm all these years have been getting the original cart not a boot because it is part of the SNK legacy, ways to play games you don't own have existed for years but we are still in love with the original smelly AES carts, we still bid on eBay for insane amounts and prices can only go higher, the tool for programming? bullshit the UB incorporated PC2NEO long time ago, new programmers there are just a bunch, really dedicated ones with releases just a couple.

I dare to say it will go down in neo history as all those multi carts or converters have in the past, who owns one also haves an MVS and AES a bunch of carts for both, it's a novelty and amuses a couple of days and then becomes a dust collector, and you keep buying carts.

That's a collecturd mindset right there, practicality is where the true gamers see the benefits of a multi cart, of course there are those that want it all and play none but regardless, I can give three shits about smelly carts, that's just a memory now and doesn't affect my game whatsoever.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
That's a collecturd mindset right there, practicality is where the true gamers see the benefits of a multi cart, of course there are those that want it all and play none but regardless, I can give three shits about smelly carts, that's just a memory now and doesn't affect my game whatsoever.

Yeah you are right!
Is good to see that you have the mindset of a teenager still and enjoy it!

And peace I wouldn't like getting locked on the war room for not constructively contributing bye

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, come to think of it...when we were kids we played the games 'cause we loved them, not 'cause we wanna smell them or collect them...I mean at least not me but maybe you have been a collecturd since birth...anyway, see you later when you feel like spreading your collecturd ways some more...

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
lol, come to think of it...when we were kids we played the games 'cause we loved them, not 'cause we wanna smell them or collect them...

To a certain extent we play these games based on some degree of nostalgia. We all love these games, but have different memories we love about the games. I am not a collector, but I value the experience of putting a cart in the system and playing the games. For me, that is the nostalgia factor. As far as the smells, there are ways to rid games/manuals of the smells.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Apparently the smell is a big part of the experience for these collecturds man...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

For what its worth, NeoRage X and t3h R0mz are what got me into this hobby in the first place. Prior to them, I only remembered the Neo Geo as "that red cabinet that had that one game with the gay cowboy that shrunk when he died, and the fat samurai dude from the game that spelled Showdown wrong".

If you want to be a collector, fine. Enjoy. That said, don't knock those who want to have a reasonable and convenient way to play these games, and care more about their entertainment value than investment value.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
For what its worth, NeoRage X and t3h R0mz are what got me into this hobby in the first place. Prior to them, I only remembered the Neo Geo as "that red cabinet that had that one game with the gay cowboy that shrunk when he died, and the fat samurai dude from the game that spelled Showdown wrong".

If you want to be a collector, fine. Enjoy. That said, don't knock those who want to have a reasonable and convenient way to play these games, and care more about their entertainment value than investment value.
Well said! I got into Neo over MVS as well, did get an AES and all that but emulation has been a great tool, not just with Neo, with everything!

qwertylesh

n00b
..uh in regard to this:
I would not rely to much on what darksoft says his cart will be or will do or will cost. He is someone who cannot be trusted. He has broke his word to me and this forum on what he would do on his CPS2 device. Expect the same on his future projects.

also wtf how the heck do you edit your posts on this crazy forum

Ok, I never heard of the CPS2 multicart device by DarkSoft before so I check it out, and for surely the installation procedure is a bit "nuts". From what I understand there are issues which I am not sure wether these have been ironed. Can someone explain a bit what's the situation with that device?

So in that case that's why people here are being cautious about a similar device for the Neo Geo?

Last edited:

qwertylesh

n00b
probably, i really don't know.. (i'm too new)

all i know though is i have a product in my lounge created by Razoola. Much respect.

I don't have anything from DS, but on other forums, the crowds appear to trust that his products are 'shut up and take my money' worthy.

He's also been very open with answering my most stupid noob questions, and thats all i have to go by.

need to gauge a wider volume of product owners to get a clearer picture beyond what could simply be bias. (or worst case - not bias but unfortunate fact)

*shrugs*

edit: cheers rot.

Last edited:
Well, if the AES MultiGame Cart turns out to be a "plug in and play" with no particular issues, I'm fine, but if it turns out to be messy with all sort of problems, I'd better know about it before the "shut up and take my money" bit.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
ya noobs need to do some reading. Hint: go to the war room (aka Candiru Land)... search for Darksoft.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

Well said
Just disregard comments from other fools as they only think we smell and collect games only.
No need to argue, just enjoy what you have. If you like rom or everdrive, fine. If you like AES/MVS/CD, great.
Dont bash people because you dont want to spend $ in real thing.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It seems a few people are brining up the CPS2 issue over in other forums and are so caught up that they cannot acknowledge problems reported in their own forums on their creations. There are issues over 5 months old reported still not addressed and probably will never be, just like those reported on the CPS3 device thats years old now. I did register to that forum and make a post just to get perm banned and the post deleted because I guess they did not want their members to know the truth about how darksoft operates.

Why is this important in this thread? They are clearly stating their NeoGeo creation will use the same methodology as their other devices so it goes hand in hand to expect the same issues that plague their other devices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.