Vegan sues Burger King over Impossible Burger

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The current trend for vegans just opting to stuff as much fake meat down their throats as they did real meat is definitely not the answer. The fucking point is eating shit that DOESN'T come out of a factory laboratory.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The current trend for vegans just opting to stuff as much fake meat down their throats as they did real meat is definitely not the answer. The fucking point is eating shit that DOESN'T come out of a factory laboratory.

Not a trend

What's trendy are the vegans/vegetarians who talk about how awful processed meat analogues are. This stuff is definitely not considered "cool" to shove down your throat.

So...you sound kinda trendy.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Where I live, I most definitely know people who have given up meat, but basically exist off of fake meat products because they are too lazy to cook their own meals.
If people weren't buying the hell out of this stuff, there would not be more and more companies getting into manufacturing it. Nomsayin?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Any vegan patty has like a weeks worth of sodium in it.

Dumb fucks and who goes to BK for healthy eating?

One of my friends recently became vegan and he's buying too much processed shit. I would already of called him a salt-oholic but now...
That's assuming people eat meat alternatives to be healthy. That's not always the reason. It's great that people have more options now if they want to be meat-free.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I've met some vegetarians who are great people generally, but I consider them misguided about food. But you know, whatever floats your boat. As long as they don't cause a commotion that gets in the way of regular people eating.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

The worst part is that vegetarian dishes can be fucking delicious. All the good spices and flavorings except for fat are plants. But some would rather have shitty fake meat than a delicious vegetarian dish.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
anybody who says we can't eat butter should be rounded up and ejected into space

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The worst part is that vegetarian dishes can be fucking delicious. All the good spices and flavorings except for fat are plants. But some would rather have shitty fake meat than a delicious vegetarian dish.
Absolutely agree with you.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've never met these kind of people before but they sound interesting!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Not me. I won’t touch fake meats, but will gladly take daal makhani, rajma, or channa over chicken tikka or lamb biryani (which are both still delicious)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I can't believe they missed the opportunity to coin their vegan whopper as the "Impossiwhopper".

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah, sorry. I'm not a vegetarian, and I like that stuff you mentioned too, but I like eating the occasional hamburger a little too much. My freezer is usually stocked with real hamburger patties and with Beyond burgers. It's good that there's now a good-tasting alternative for people like me that is cruelty-free and better for the planet.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm a meatitarian myself, but I'm not blind to the fact that vegetarian dishes can be delicious. But fake meat, well, you can't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Yeah, sorry. I'm not a vegetarian, and I like that stuff you mentioned too, but I like eating the occasional hamburger a little too much. My freezer is usually stocked with real hamburger patties and with Beyond burgers. It's good that there's now a good-tasting alternative for people like me that is cruelty-free and better for the planet.

I think the "better for the planet" claim may be a bit overblown. Also, I can't imagine that food, conjured up in a lab, can be good for you.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I don't think better for the planet is in any way meant to mean good for humans. It refers to not further polluting and fucking up the earth.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I think the "better for the planet" claim may be a bit overblown. Also, I can't imagine that food, conjured up in a lab, can be good for you.

It's the glyphosate sauce that makes it special.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't think better for the planet is in any way meant to mean good for humans. It refers to not further polluting and fucking up the earth.

When I say "I've bought an authentic Picasso" I don't mean that I've enslaved a historic person. I'm actually saying that I've bought a painting made by Picasso. The same logic applies here. When people talk about destroying 'the planet', what they really mean, is destroying the biosphere as we know it. It's called metonymy. It's taught in middle school.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Protip: shack up with a vegetarian female, this way your meat containing leftovers are safe and sound.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Protip: shack up with a vegetarian female, this way your meat containing leftovers are safe and sound.

Yeah, but your girl will be unhealthy and weird-smelling. I can't get with that trade-off.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
When I say "I've bought an authentic Picasso" I don't mean that I've enslaved a historic person. I'm actually saying that I've bought a painting made by Picasso. The same logic applies here. When people talk about destroying 'the planet', what they really mean, is destroying the biosphere as we know it. It's called metonymy. It's taught in middle school.

hey max 330 mega, in retrospect this post seems a bit mean-spirited but that wasn't my intention

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Only Sage can respond to someone by quoting himself.