Vegan sues Burger King over Impossible Burger

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Only in America!!!

Burger King was sued on Monday by a vegan customer who accused the fast-food chain of contaminating its meatless "Impossible" Whoppers by cooking them on the same grills as its traditional meat burgers.

In a proposed class action, Phillip Williams said he bought an Impossible Whopper, a plant-based alternative to Burger King's regular Whopper, at an Atlanta drive-through, and would not have paid a premium price had he known the cooking would leave it "coated in meat by-products."

The lawsuit filed in Miami federal court seeks damages for all U.S. purchasers of the Impossible Whopper, and an injunction requiring Burger King to "plainly disclose" that Impossible Whoppers and regular burgers are cooked on the same grills.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
mmm...residual animal fat

:drool::drool::drool:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Got that right, only in America. How big a dweeb you gotta be to whine about this and sue over it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I mean when you order vegan or vegetarian dishes at a restaurant, they make sure the grill has been scraped before cooking your order. Since this isn't a restaurant but instead a peasant line doling out garbage, you shouldn't be surprised when the piss ant behind the counter doesn't understand the concept of kitchen cleaning, dietary restrictions, life goals etc.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
See, if they just kept the old veggie burger this wouldn't have been
a problem but nooooo

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
You can request it "vegan" (microwaved).

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I wonder if there are vegans in Uganda?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That's why that shit tastes so good.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Nobody who really cares about their health will eat an impossible burger.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They should flame grill the fagit that filed this lawsuit.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Nobody who really cares about their health will eat an impossible burger.
This is pretty much true. I've had one once, that was enough. It will clog your arteries just as fast as any other burger.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Yeah, all of these 'I can't believe it's not meat' things are so full of salt, additives, etc...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would toss the case out. A reasonable person would understand that a plant based burger cooked in a kitchen with beef products would not be 100% animal free, just as anyone would reasonably assume that it’s almost impossible to have a vegan meal in chipotle despite their vegan options simply because of logistical placement of food tubs.

In fact, toss it out and award defendant legal fees, no matter the extent. We need to disincentivize abuse of litigation.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
A person that complains about anything at a restaurant should be given told to just cook at home for themselves for the first complaint.

After the second complaint, they can just be summarily executed.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I would toss the case out. A reasonable person would understand that a plant based burger cooked in a kitchen with beef products would not be 100% animal free, just as anyone would reasonably assume that it’s almost impossible to have a vegan meal in chipotle despite their vegan options simply because of logistical placement of food tubs.

In fact, toss it out and award defendant legal fees, no matter the extent. We need to disincentivize abuse of litigation.

Your honor, I move that we take the plaintiff out back and shoot him for egregious stupidity.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Your honor, I move that we take the plaintiff out back and shoot him for egregious stupidity.

3gu39l.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
All yelpers are to be branded on their forehead so the world can see them for their shame.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Per the article, an animal-free non-broiler method is available on request.

Have you seen a broiler at Burger King? Most of the juice drips through the grill anyway.

I'm not vegetarian, but I order one of these Impossible Whoppers when I can as a treat. They are delicious.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you want a better lawsuit, go to an eatery and ask for "toast with butter".

Have it analyzed for actual butter content.

launch a lawsuit against anyone who gave you non-butter.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
they can request it be cooked on a different broiler. I believe this is posted.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Any vegan patty has like a weeks worth of sodium in it.

Dumb fucks and who goes to BK for healthy eating?

One of my friends recently became vegan and he's buying too much processed shit. I would already of called him a salt-oholic but now...