US KOF: MI missing hats and other problems

Felixir

n00b
KDash31987 said:
Sent : Friday, October 15, 2004 4:09 PM
To : "'Josue Morales'"
Subject : RE: When will the Terry Bogard hats be available at GameStop?

They own hats at their warehouse. Should be in stores by Monday if not
sooner. Call your local store.
www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com

So... GameStop will have Terry's hat available, right?

I'm stopping by GameStop tomorrow and I'm going to be seriously pissed if I don't walk out of that store with a hat on my head, and five cents left in my wallet.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Felixir said:
So... GameStop will have Terry's hat available, right?

I'm stopping by GameStop tomorrow and I'm going to be seriously pissed if I don't walk out of that store with a hat on my head, and five cents left in my wallet.
the hat needs some serious breaking in before it's ready for wear.

i'd probably wash it too; mine smells kinda funny.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
After reading this thread the last couple of days, I decided to pick-up both region versions. Get the best of both worlds.

To "MAXIMIZE" the full "IMPACT!"

I'm really shocked to find the game, to be this fun. Great graphics, good music, gameplay which is fun and loose as many of you have addressed.

I would have to agree with those who said that, it's kind of nice to hear the translations of what our favorite KoF combatants say in English.

It's worked for some fighters but for others, eh...

"Get lost Smallfry!" -Iori Yagami

Btw, the ring announcer guy, kind of looks like the F-Zero GX host. Reminds me of him anyway.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Update:
Thank you for writing to us at GameStop.com

At this current time we are waiting for the shipment of hats to arrive from the manufacturer. As soon as the shipment arrives to us we will then send them out to you.
We value your business and hope to see you again soon at GameStop.com.
Best regards,
Thalia

GameStop.com
World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products

Well it looks like I'll be getting the cap after all :)

Felixir

n00b
fenikso said:
Update:
Thank you for writing to us at GameStop.com

At this current time we are waiting for the shipment of hats to arrive from the manufacturer. As soon as the shipment arrives to us we will then send them out to you.
We value your business and hope to see you again soon at GameStop.com.
Best regards,
Thalia

GameStop.com
World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products

Well it looks like I'll be getting the cap after all :)

Thank god, because I was very disappointed today when I picked it up from my local GameStop. They looked at me like I was a crazy hobo when I asked about the hat. So should I stop by again later on this week to pick up the hat once it ships out?

On another note, this game is actually quite good, as I expected it to be a horrible 3D transition. There's a lot of things to do and unlock as well. Overall it a fairly fun game.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I got to play it when my friend bought the game at Gamestop. It's not bad; I thought it would play like a SFEX 3. I want to pick this up, but only if I can find it with the hat. I must get that damn hat.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Felixir said:
Thank god, because I was very disappointed today when I picked it up from my local GameStop. They looked at me like I was a crazy hobo when I asked about the hat. So should I stop by again later on this week to pick up the hat once it ships out?

On another note, this game is actually quite good, as I expected it to be a horrible 3D transition. There's a lot of things to do and unlock as well. Overall it a fairly fun game.
I ordered mine online so I'm waiting for them to ship it to me. From what I read in another thread the gamestop stores should have them by monday (or so they claim).
I also like the game especially mission mode. The last boss is as cheap as always :p makes me feel nostalgic for the old 2d ones. :tickled:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I would suggest going to EB Games. Every store here in my town has the hats (even extra ones for those who haven't pre-oredered). The EB I picked my copy up from had about 5 hats just sitting in the back, so with any luck, they might have some extra one around. Best of luck to the guys who haven't gotten thier hats in.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
all this bullshit about gamestop getting hats.
I called up the store I preordered mine from and they keep on swearing up
and down that it's website only.
I bet those fuckers and dancing around with my fucking hat in the fucking back.
fuck them.
I got mines from EBs since I preordered there in time anyways.
fucking gamestop.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'd go to EB and I'd hurry. When the manager told me I could get a hat even though I didn't pre-order, because no one else did, the 2 other clerks gave each other a look, and one said "that means we..." I don't know what the end of his sentence was going to be, but I saw the twinkle of eBay in his eye.

Felixir

n00b
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, I'd go to EB and I'd hurry. When the manager told me I could get a hat even though I didn't pre-order, because no one else did, the 2 other clerks gave each other a look, and one said "that means we..." I don't know what the end of his sentence was going to be, but I saw the twinkle of eBay in his eye.

When I stopped by my EB games store, they just laughed at me when I said I pre-ordered it at GameStop. Apparently they already knew I was screwed...
They had about 4 hats behind their glass cases, and no one reserved a single copy either. Sadly, they didn't show any sympathy when I asked if I could get one if I bought the game there. They even refused my desperate offer to pay for the hat itself :crying:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Am I the only one not bugged by the US voices or how they romanized Clark's last name?

Oh well.

I found out that day that the Hats are coming to GameStop stores, and not to worry. (it's on SNK NeoGeo USA's website!) I'm surprised i forgot to post about it here... Oops.

edit:

OmegaSaber said:
From what I've learned in my Japanese class, at least in the hiragana characters, there is no ti, it's chi, so suchiiru would be correct phonetically.

I don't think anyone's pointed out what's wrong with this. Quick Japanese lesson. A) chi is technically 'ti' and B) you can make the 'ti' sound with a 'te' and small 'i.' This is often only done in borrowed words. (I say often because I don't want to be 100% dead certain it's only done in borrowed words. And by borrowed words, I mean words typically written in Katakana.)

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
taitai said:
AI don't think anyone's pointed out what's wrong with this. Quick Japanese lesson. A) chi is technically 'ti' and B) you can make the 'ti' sound with a 'te' and small 'i.' This is often only done in borrowed words. (I say often because I don't want to be 100% dead certain it's only done in borrowed words. And by borrowed words, I mean words typically written in Katakana.)
Check a couple posts after that one... ;)

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
Felixir said:
When I stopped by my EB games store, they just laughed at me when I said I pre-ordered it at GameStop. Apparently they already knew I was screwed...
They had about 4 hats behind their glass cases, and no one reserved a single copy either. Sadly, they didn't show any sympathy when I asked if I could get one if I bought the game there. They even refused my desperate offer to pay for the hat itself :crying:

two lessons one should learn when videogame shopping:

1) don't trust GameStop OR EB Games when it comes to ANY type of pre-ordering or whatever. i've never personally done it because all they do is hold your $5-$10 you give and earn interest on it for months until the game FINALLY comes out. then you get fucked on the "extras" that they claim they know nothing about. and when the game is finally released, you realize you didn't need to pre-order because they ordered 1,000 copies for the dealer rate and got themselves some freebies in the process. 2 weeks later, the shelves are full of the game with no buyers in sight. flash forward another month or so and it's suddenly half of what you paid originally.

2) always remember that the GameStop and EB Games websites are better than the actual stores. go to any 5 of each store and you'll see the SAME shit sitting on the shelves. you can't win.

back in the day, EB used to be a great site to find games both new and old. now we're being flooded with crap. next time, i'd try an online store or even import store.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Spike23 said:
2) always remember that the GameStop and EB Games websites are better than the actual stores.
Actually I ordered mine online @ gamestop figuring that it would be safer to get there than at the store level and I haven't received my hat yet.
they e-mailed my back on saturday stating that it would be sent out soon (we'll see)

I work at a Gamestop and we still haven't recieved the hats yet, as a SNK player, I was pissed as fuck...I shouldve bought it at EB :very_ang: ...but hopefully we'll be getting them soon-I need my HAT dammit!

whats funny is that, well-the people at the Gamestop I work at really dont have control on whats coming in or what goes out you know? So yeh, it does kinda suck when you have angry fans wanting shit that we have no way of getting unless the company sends them to us...I'll make a comment the next time I go into work- but hey, the disappointment is understandable, I want my cap too :blow_top:

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
sadly, I preordered from cduniverse.com from work while I was ass busy & not thinking, arrived today, no hat, I might be TEH FUCKED, SNK consumer website says SELECT retailers, cduniverse aint so 'select'...........still hope I guess.

Lee (garg7)

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
Gamestop still hasn't gotten jack shit.

Why isn't Shawn selling this, anyways? What with it being KOF and all, you'd figure Herman'd shoot some copies to him. I would've bought it online had that happened (Shawn being the man and all).

Felixir

n00b
Aye, the hats haven't came in from my GameStop either. If I don't get them within a week, I give up. I have a good feeling I won't either... The people working at GameStop had no clue about it, and I doubt they will get any soon.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I received another email fron gamestop yesterday evening that they would be shipping the hat to me soon . Although I would have prefered a specific date atleast they are still talking to me about it.