UPDATE: Design me a banner! 468x60 WINNERS announced!

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Jedah Doma said:
Alright, after much expirimenting, I think I'm getting the hang of this. Here's the old version now in a new spiffy animated form.

Multi-Mods-animated.gif
That's nice. I like a lot of that. What happened to the first Bonk image?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
D-Lite said:
That's nice. I like a lot of that. What happened to the first Bonk image?

I tried to make it look like stone. If it doesn't look right, then I'll just change it back to the color version. Also, any things I need to change in the animation to make it better. Any tips or ideas would be nice.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
I'd make the 'To The Modern Age' transition in smoother/quicker, as it seems a bit slow.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Alright, did a little work on it, changed the slogans around, and made Bonk normal again. See what you think.

Multi-Mods-animated-2.gif

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
As for making animated GIFS on Mac. I'd say Photoshop with ImageReady is your best bet.

Jedah Doma said:

That's really great work.

Last edited:

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Abasuto said:
As for making animated GIFS on Mac. I'd say Photoshop with ImageReady is your best bet.

What about Flash? Flash MX can export animated GIFs.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
Alright, did a little work on it, changed the slogans around, and made Bonk normal again. See what you think.

Multi-Mods-animated-2.gif

100k? If you are hosting it Dean, you should consider Flash as well....all these concepts could be done in Flash and the file size would be a lot easier to swallow.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
pixeljunkie said:
100k? If you are hosting it Dean, you should consider Flash as well....all these concepts could be done in Flash and the file size would be a lot easier to swallow.

Well it depnds on what you consider big. D-Lite's site has many pictures that are over 100k and they load up fine. These days, cable internet makes this no problem at all. I can see your concern when it might come to dial up users, but I tested it, and it would take around 2-10 seconds to load the animation up. So compared to many other animations/pictures, this one isn't too bad.

BTW: Also, I don't know how to use Flash yet, so don't screw this up!!!
icon12.gif

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Jedah Doma said:
Well it depnds on what you consider big. D-Lite's site has many pictures that are over 100k and they load up fine. These days, cable internet makes this no problem at all. I can see your concern when it might come to dial up users, but I tested it, and it would take around 2-10 seconds to load the animation up. So compared to many other animations/pictures, this one isn't too bad.

BTW: Also, I don't know how to use Flash yet, so don't screw this up!!!
icon12.gif
True about load times but that's not so much the issue. It's the bandwidth. If I host this and it transfers 100k each occurance, that gets really big really fast.

The images on my site aren't loaded frequently plus they are much much bigger than the banner size.

Could you reduce the size a bit?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
D-Lite said:
True about load times but that's not so much the issue. It's the bandwidth. If I host this and it transfers 100k each occurance, that gets really big really fast.

The images on my site aren't loaded frequently plus they are much much bigger than the banner size.

Could you reduce the size a bit?

How much smaller would you want it (as far as "X" pixels by "X" pixels)?

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
How much smaller would you want it (as far as "X" pixels by "X" pixels)?

He means filesize, not actual dimensions :)

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
buttasuperb said:
Did you send out my prize yet?
Yeah. But make sure you open it outside and over a garbage can.
EDIT: Oh, and have a fire extinguisher handy bud.

Decision coming soon :eek:

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Jedah Doma said:
Alright, I got this thing down to 79k. Do I need to go lower?

Multi-Mods-animated-3.gif
One thing I am thinking is that you could shorten the time between when the space age guy comes on, and the text "to the space age" comes up... it's probably save a little space as well.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
stuffmonger said:
One thing I am thinking is that you could shorten the time between when the space age guy comes on, and the text "to the space age" comes up... it's probably save a little space as well.

I tried that and it really didn't make it any smaller. It's because it's just a paused frame for a second and not an actual frame of animation. I might be able to cut out a few extra frames, but I'm not sure if it will still look as good. Thanks for the tip though.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
OK, it was tough to decide, but here's the winning list!

#1:
neomike3.gif

#2:
jedah.gif

#3:
pixeljunkie.gif

#4:
butta.gif

#5:
konig.gif

For the winners, please post your preference of the following here. Priority of items assigned by final placing listed above! Everyone put in some effort, so prizes all around for ya.

- Baseball Stars Professional US MVS cart with original label
- Complete Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves for Dreamcast, US version
- Genesis 3 6-button joystick modded for Neo (button layout of your choice!)
- Smart Bomb for PSP, played for about 10 minutes
ADDED options:
- Final Soldier loose Japanese HuCard
- two red shock boxes