UPDATE: Design me a banner! 468x60 WINNERS announced!

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Neo Mike said:
Here's last one :)
multi_3ani.gif
Ooo, snappy. What happened to the multi-system gif?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:

you gonna' be hosting this, or putting it into some sort of banner exchange? File size may be an issue. Any idea of what file size you want this to be? Average for sites is 15-20k. A lot of sites don't want anything over 15k.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:

It would be too much animation, and far too distracting. I think if u ran the original ones, and then switched it up with this last one would be best bet.

Sizewise the animation isnt too bad. I can get it optimized for web and will send u the optimized one if necessary. I doubt you are entering an affiliate program of anykind...
:D

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Here's something I whipped up real quick. Tell me what you think it needs.

Multi-Mods.jpg

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
pixeljunkie said:
you gonna' be hosting this, or putting it into some sort of banner exchange? File size may be an issue. Any idea of what file size you want this to be? Average for sites is 15-20k. A lot of sites don't want anything over 15k.
I'll be hosting, so no issues. Obviously smaller is better, but 20-30k is no problem.

It'll be here too, (the reason I'm asking now, but will be on my site probably too)

Neo Mike said:
It would be too much animation, and far too distracting. I think if u ran the original ones, and then switched it up with this last one would be best bet.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Jedah Doma said:
Here's something I whipped up real quick. Tell me what you think it needs.

Multi-Mods.jpg
That's pretty cool too. Can you animate the Bonk/Zonk? Perhaps too much, but worth a looksee.

Thanks for the effort everyone! We'll go a bit longer, like a day or so on this.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
D-Lite said:
That's pretty cool too. Can you animate the Bonk/Zonk? Perhaps too much, but worth a looksee.

Thanks for the effort everyone! We'll go a bit longer, like a day or so on this.

Yea, I'll get right on that. I gave Neo Mike a PM to see if he could get me a good program for animating gifs on the Mac.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
Yea, I'll get right on that. I gave Neo Mike a PM to see if he could get me a good program for animating gifs on the Mac.

Haha. Believe it or not i'm one of the few graphics and web development professionals still using a PC. You're out of luck :(

I use adobe photoshop to build the actual ads themselves, and then import them to imageready for the animation portion...

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Jedah Doma said:
If anyone has that solution I'd be interested too. I know they exist, just curious about what is a good program for doing such.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
If anyone has that solution I'd be interested too. I know they exist, just curious about what is a good program for doing such.

Photoshop is gonna be your best bet. I work on both platforms but am primarily PC, despite the disgust of the other Art Directors I work with. :loco:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Damn, Jedah Domah, that's deep. Big thumbs up for cleverness. The streak in front of Bonk's face is a little distracting - I think because Bonk is drawn in side view where as Zonk has some perspective/foreshortening.

You should buy the rights to Neo Mike's "Bringing new options to old hardware" and plug that in where the stoneage line is now. Or, Capitalize "Stone Age" and "Modern Age" for aestethics. It just looks weird because the first letter is capilatized (but there's no need for a period).

Great job.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
So do I win a cookie?

Can you guys run any PC software at all on a mac? Do those power macs only use certain IBM formats? or do they allow *some* software as well ?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Konig said:
So do I win a cookie?

Can you guys run any PC software at all on a mac? Do those power macs only use certain IBM formats? or do they allow *some* software as well ?
No winners decided yet.

Not sure what you mean with the "certain IBM formats" though.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
as in file formats, I know my aunts "power pc" or whatever they are called could use certain file formats that macs don't normally allow for, that are common on PCs. I had asked her if she could at least run a small VB program in some sort of "PC mode" but she didn't know. The software being limited is the only reason I never looked at using a mac.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Alright, after much expirimenting, I think I'm getting the hang of this. Here's the old version now in a new spiffy animated form.

Multi-Mods-animated.gif