Universe Bios 3.2 released!

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
... but some cheats like autofire are allowed even in rankings of world records, so I think it would be interesting to include this option in future updates, autofires, infinite credits, red blood ... are options used by most unibios users, and I think most of them would appreciate being able to use these aids while keeping their scores on the memory card.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
You can still keep your scores on the memory card, just not while using cheats given there are other cheats like unlimited live for example. There is not room to make a list of cheats that are and are not allowed for use with highscore saving.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yes, you can enable the arcade protect feature to do that. It will limit access to the unibios settings also (you need to press ABC+TESTMODE) to enter the main unibios settings screen.

Thanks Raz, that sounds like what I need. Is arcade protect also available in the AES? I don't remember having seen it before...also, which button would be TESTMODE in the AES? Select, I guess?

Thanks!!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No, that setting is not on the AES unfortunately so there is not much you can do. You should never be seeing these errors anyway unless there is a problem. If you do then its good to have the info right away anyway.

Raz

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
No, that setting is not on the AES unfortunately so there is not much you can do. You should never be seeing these errors anyway unless there is a problem. If you do then its good to have the info right away anyway.

Raz

I agree with you, these should not come up ever, however I have a problem with my knight's chance cart, where sometimes after game over it will crash. I have this on an AES+converter and an Omega CMVS (I made a thread about this but can't find it now). I have cleaned everything to no avail. I think the cart is broken :(

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
You can still keep your scores on the memory card, just not while using cheats given there are other cheats like unlimited live for example. There is not room to make a list of cheats that are and are not allowed for use with highscore saving.

I thought the Unibios was made for personal use, and that everyone can use the cheats according to their needs, and I don't see the difference between playing in arcade and put unlimited credits or play on AES and not can use infinite credits (with the second option you can't save the highscore, but you can do it with the first), or put the autofire from Unibios (much more comfortable) or making a hardware mod to have it stick... or enable red blood in some games. I think it would be great to do this in the next update, I'm sure many users would appreciate.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Normally when you credit a game to continue your score is reset (not all games though).

You can use cheats according to your needs, highscores are different however given they can be swapped through NeoGeo systems, highscore saving to memory card is beta. When you cheat in a game any highscore becomes irrelevant and that is why its this way. Picture the situation where someone sets a score without cheating and then wants to cheat to help improve there game (this is what cheats are for). They don't want a high score table full of scores when cheats are used and then have to delete the highscore table to start over again, they want scores that are gained on merit in their score tables.

I mentioned already there is no room to make a list of cheats that could be allowed that don't effect gameplay. Space is a premium when considering future updates to the bios there are much cooler things that can be done. Its not just cheats that stop highscore saving, patching memory will do the same.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

Sorry for the late reply, forgot about this. Thanks for your help so far Raz, very appreciated. Please forgive my ignorance and being insistent on the topic, but: can an option to disable the crash screen on the AES be made? I understand this should not happen at all, but this might be benefical to some people (me included).

Thanks for any help :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
There is not the space to easily add the setting page on AES given its used for softdips. This feature tells you something is wrong which is why its there as the info can be very important, its only a simply button press to reset once it appears.

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
Razoola:
Szeretnék kérdezni, de nem biztos, hogy a legjobb helyen.
A Neo Geo MVS játékokban a zenék adatai milyen kódolásban vannak eltárolva az EPROM-ba?
8bit vagy 16bit adat blokkokban?
Kérném segítségedet.

Razoola:
I would like to ask you, but it may not be the best place.

The Neo Geo MVS games in which music data is stored in the EPROM coding?
8bit or 16bit data blocks?

I would ask for your help.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have never looked at the format used but i would guess its 8bit given the z80 is an 8bit cpu.

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
Igen én is így látom, de nem vagyok benne teljesen biztos, hogy a hangok is 8 bites adatblokkokban tárolódnak.
Az UNIBIOS zenelejátszójánál hogy oldottátok meg a zenék lejátszását?
Adott címtől kezdve 8 bites lépésekkel olvassátok ki az adatot?
Vagy ezt a hardver alapból tudja?
NEO-PCM és 74LS138 is 8 bites adat blokkokal dolgoznak.

Yes I think so, but I'm not quite sure that the sounds are stored in 8-bit data blocks.
The music player UNIBIOS solution provider that you have to play your music?
From 8-bit address specific steps to read the data?
Or you can fund this only hardware?
NEO-PCM and also 74LS138 8-bit data blocks to work.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The unibios uses the games player so it does not read the data.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I'm getting a "exception error handling" and can no longer load the unibios.. everything else seems to function correctly. All other commands work, but when I'm on the intinial bios screen abc does nothing

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Need picture of the error screen for more info on the part of your problem. For the issue of abc not working see the part in your manual related to the arcade protect feature.

sigarette

n00b
Prejudice in this video demonstrate unboxing Unibios neogeo v3.2 on my machine MVS M1.
During the video I try various tests and all the wonders hidden in the chip Unibios 3.2 (codes, reader, cheats and more).

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Nice video.

Quick postal turnaround time BTW, I only sent that to you 4 days ago!

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah!
Finally I can tinker with the high score features!
Thanks Raz!

oh, well that was a let down.
I guess I got confused.

I saw that this thread was updated, read the previous post regarding "unboxing", and the title says "released", but alas it should say "available".

3.1 is: "released"
3.2 is: "available"
bummer dude...

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Yeah!
Finally I can tinker with the high score features!
Thanks Raz!

oh, well that was a let down.
I guess I got confused.

I saw that this thread was updated, read the previous post regarding "unboxing", and the title says "released", but alas it should say "available".

3.1 is: "released"
3.2 is: "available"
bummer dude...

It shouldn't surprise me that you never bothered buying a license for the Universe Bios, but alas...

Nice touch telling Raz how he should word his thread, you are so full of helpful tidbits.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm so confident of where I stand with Raz, one of many relationships to which you are completely oblivious to because of your blind hatred of me, that I will allow him to respond to you for me. Not everyone here takes score Brian.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm so confident of where I stand with Raz, one of many relationships to which you are completely oblivious to because of your blind hatred of me, that I will allow him to respond to you for me. Not everyone here takes score Brian.

I am not oblivious to the fact that you have good relationships with people. What baffles me is WHY people seem to tolerate your bullshit and your overwhelming douchbaggery attitude.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi Raz,
Can you troubleshoot MVS multi slot issues with the Unibios (carts not detected)? With the original BIOS it goes to crosshatch pattern immediately.
Also I have a MV-1FZ board with a 2.0 Unibios installed (IIRC). Can it do the trick if I install the BIOS on my multi slot?
Thanks.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes you can. With the unibios (and the free 3.1 version) on the crossatch screen you have an option to enter the memory viewer. Then scroll so you can see data from 0x100. I cant remember the button you need to press but I think its probably select that will swap the slot number. Then looking at RAM you can see if data is displayed correctly or if any data lines are stuck for example.

I can't remember if this feature was in the 2.0 release though, I think I added it in v2.1.

Does that help you?

Last edited: