Universe 25..

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm also not sure exactly what your straw man argument is referring to. I would be much obliged If you would kindly provide me what specifically you are talking about.
What straw man? You said you know something is anti-science if Trump says it. Many experts never abandoned the possibility that covid was leaked from a lab, but since Trump also believed it, stupid rhetoricians like yourself decided everyone who even entertained the idea must be racist and anti-science, and should be silenced/deplatformed.

Trump is also among the billions of people who believe the theory of evolution and that the world is round. So there are two more examples of things you must now take the opposite position on.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yes, intelligence fading, back to my menial labor at the plastic factory, but, the ghost of what was will always haunt me, giving no peace.
I know it'll hardly comfort you M, but maybe humor a bit: On a broader scale the Flowers for Algernon story is just another way to describe all human life. Born dependent moronic losers, briefly peaking around 40 with nevermind what, since from there it all fades back anyway, until we become dependent moronic losers again. And yeah, a lot of us would wish it was just science-fiction...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You said you know something is anti-science if Trump says it. Many experts never abandoned the possibility that covid was leaked from a lab, but since Trump also believed it, stupid rhetoricians like yourself decided everyone who even entertained the idea must be racist and anti-science, and should be silenced/deplatformed.

Trump is also among the billions of people who believe the theory of evolution and that the world is round. So there are two more examples of things you must now take the opposite position on.

I said that anything trump says is anti-science. And I stand by that.

Anything he says is anti-science... Whether or not it might be true. Same goes for his racist rhetoric.

I would not want to hear him discuss his ideas on the theory of evolution or how the world is round.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anti science is eschewing the brick and mortar science / medical communities for the online and television communities.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And just so we are clear... DJT didn't just suggest that there was a possibility that a lab was the original source of the outbreak in humans. He also suggested that it may have been intentional.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Do you have anything of sustenance to add to the discussion?
Have you contributed anything in the past 5 years that isn't blind knee-jerk rhetoric? Also, I think you meant to say substance.

And just so we are clear... DJT didn't just suggest that there was a possibility that a lab was the original source of the outbreak in humans. He also suggested that it may have been intentional.
Are you missing the point on purpose, or have you really become this stupid? The problem isn't that we don't get to hear Trump's idiot spoutings. The problem is the collateral damage of legit scientists and doctors who had important things to say but got shut down in your haste to silence that one idiot.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Have you contributed anything in the past 5 years that isn't blind knee-jerk rhetoric? Also, I think you meant to say substance.

Are you missing the point on purpose, or have you really become this stupid? The problem isn't that we don't get to hear Trump's idiot spoutings. The problem is the collateral damage of legit scientists and doctors who had important things to say but got shut down in your haste to silence that one idiot.
All I have said is that anything he says should be considered to be anti-science. I haven't said anything about silencing anybody.

But if you want to provide examples of "the collateral damage of legit scientists and doctors who had important things to say but got shut down", then I may choose to discuss it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
All I have said is that anything he says should be considered to be anti-science. I haven't said anything about silencing anybody.

But if you want to provide examples of "the collateral damage of legit scientists and doctors who had important things to say but got shut down", then I may choose to discuss it.
You haven't "discussed" any topic in years. You just recite talking points in place of thinking about anything.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You haven't "discussed" any topic in years. You just recite talking points in place of thinking about anything.

You have now passed on multiple attempts to actually discuss the specifics of "the collateral damage of legit scientists and doctors who had important things to say but got shut down".

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
All right. All right. I like The Kid and The Fish. All right.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You have now passed on multiple attempts to actually discuss the specifics of "the collateral damage of legit scientists and doctors who had important things to say but got shut down".
I've also passed on discussing the specifics of the stupidity of the anti-vaccination mentality to my red state great aunt back east. There's no point since she, like you, has proven incapable of critical thought or hearing anything that even slightly challenges her set worldview. Norton, you're either disingenuous beyond belief or willfully blind on an epic scale if you don't already know (or pretend not to know) about people last year who were censored across multiple platforms for continuing to suggest the possibility covid came from a lab, despite having scientific credentials.

On some level, I get it. The world went insane in 2016 and it broke you. So as a defense mechanism, you stole a page out of rural Republican voters' playbook and turned your brain off, giving in to the comforting idea that if you oversimplify the world by burying your head, reciting the right things, and never wavering from your side right or wrong, then you can force the world to make sense again. It's hard to imagine you can keep the fingers in your ears and lalalalalala-ing for the rest of your life, but then I remember my great aunt.

Reactions: wyo

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Norton, you're either disingenuous beyond belief or willfully blind on an epic scale if you don't already know (or pretend not to know) about people last year who were censored across multiple platforms for continuing to suggest the possibility covid came from a lab, despite having scientific credentials.

I have heard of it, but I don't know the details.