Unfound negativity surrounding SVC? *Updated List*

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
kernow:
JHendrix:
kernow:
...mainstreamer
And I couldn't be happier, I mean hell it's in the rank!

You must get a PS2 Kern, VF4:Evo is calling you!!!
I've decided I won't buy machines made by Sony any more, or consoles that don't have their own, solid, dedicated stick, ala my DC or NEO.
<a href="http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/HP2-64.html" target="_blank">*cough*</a>

And I know you're handy with a soldering iorn so... <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=010397" target="_blank">*cough*</a>

As for not buying a Sony made console, well you're missing out on some of the BEST games ever made my friend.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
kernow:
you need to go jump off a cliff...seriuosly.

.. its 'seriously' man. lol

Who let a freaking a gay 8 year old be the mod of a neo geo forum? BTW, learn how to spell.
At least he's not going off about mintyness...

JHendrix

beelzebubble:
this is a thread and a half :)
You should see the ones at SRK.com they're like this but reversed... :D

Anyway back to SvC, I looked at the Hugo vs. Terry vid again and it looks like you CAN do Hugo's 360+P Throw after hitting the QCB+P Hand Slap! Also it appears that the 720 Super and other 360 moves are easy as hell to pull off if you do that BC reversal (it's like a parry where you dash in, can't remember the name for it now)thing that I'm about to go to SvC's website and find out about!

This is going to be so sweet... :D

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
You should see the ones at SRK.com they're like this but reversed...
check out (not sure why) kanewarhead vs me....

im not sure what i did but he pounced on me....

<a href="http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40005&perpage=15&pagenumber=1" target="_blank">linky goodness</a>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
beelzebubble:
You should see the ones at SRK.com they're like this but reversed...
check out (not sure why) kanewarhead vs me....

im not sure what i did but he pounced on me....

<a href="http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40005&perpage=15&pagenumber=1" target="_blank">linky goodness</a>
Man... there are a lot of dumbfucks.

It looked like they flamed you for living in Japan.

kernow:
I've decided I won't buy machines made by Sony any more, or consoles that don't have their own, solid, dedicated stick, ala my DC or NEO.
FUCKIN WORD DUDE!

I fuckin hate tiny bloody pads. My long fingers don't fit well with these tiny pads. No wonder I bought a joystick for every damn console I ever had. And I remember working at Babbages where people kept buying those awful Genny controllers that crapped out in 6 months but if they only bought a joystick that would last for years. Rarely did they ever buy a stick. Fuckin customers, no wonder I quit. What do they know anyway.

SilverWolf

Tarma's Gun Polisher
JHendrix:
beelzebubble:

Anyway back to SvC, I looked at the Hugo vs. Terry vid again and it looks like you CAN do Hugo's 360+P Throw after hitting the QCB+P Hand Slap! Also it appears that the 720 Super and other 360 moves are easy as hell to pull off if you do that BC reversal (it's like a parry where you dash in, can't remember the name for it now)thing that I'm about to go to SvC's website and find out about!

Hey JHendrix, I really want to watch those movies but I don't have a MOV player. Do you know a good site to get one?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
It looked like they flamed you for living in Japan.
well apparently i go around telling everyone how cool i am coz i live in japan.....

if thats true someone deflate me now... frown

JHendrix

SilverWolf:
JHendrix:
beelzebubble:

Hey JHendrix, I really want to watch those movies but I don't have a MOV player. Do you know a good site to get one?
spock

<a href="http://www.apple.com/quicktime" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/quicktime</a>

Beelz: I think they were flaming you cause they thought you were being like "I'm smart cause I'm from japan and everyone knows japanese players are better, etc". I knew what you meant, but I can also see how it was misread.

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: JHendrix ]</small>

SilverWolf

Tarma's Gun Polisher
WTF?! I hate mov files! I downloaded quicktime but when I try to play it, it says "Couldn't open the file Hugo vs Kim because it is not a file that Quick Time understands." It said that it could read MOV files and now it says that it doesn't understand how to? ARGH!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
EvilWasabi:
Watch your tongue. I'm more powerful than you think.
Yup, I just watched the effects of TEH POWA. I thought you would set a poll asking people about putting TEH BAN on me... :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm tired of all this discussions, so I'll "watch my tongue :p " from now on...

Peace brother, but... MODS ARE NOT GODS!

mog

Bead Banger
Huh, never thought of it that way. SvC is super scrub friendly. Lame :(

PS. It's easy to judge a game by a company. Acclaim makes shitty games, SNK makes fighters that would be much better if they actually put some work into them (MotW rocks though). SNK fighters have a very distinct feel to them as far as how they control (or don't) and the artwork. Some people don't enjoy jacked up controls and the SNK style artwork, so it'd be pretty reasonable to say that you don't generally like SNK games.

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: mog ]</small>

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
man, what the fuck happened to this thread? it got all off-topic and doubled in size in the morning/afternoon, then quickly died. Weird.

Anyways JHendrix, I checked out the .mov's. Quite impressive, I'm prepared to eat my words and give Hugo another try now.

The thing I never thought to consider (since I'm still not really used to the engine) was guard-cancel dashing (which still looks and feels really weird to me). That's the best possible way to make up for his lack of SPD range - cancel dash to cover the range he needs, since the dash is so fast. Ticking into an SPD is still impossible though, and I still miss the "suck-in" factor... but oh well. Dash cancelling into his Gigaton Press (or whatever the 720 super is called) is pimp as hell. The only thing to be worried about is if you're trying to dash-cancel an attack that the opponent is going to buffer into a special move... ah, more of the randomness that is SvC :p

And I didn't notice until now that his f+A handslappy thing (Standing Strong in SF3) seems faster now, which is a good thing. Certainly his best poking attack on the ground.

So yeah, I was wrong, he's certainly not a worthless character from what it looks like.

JHendrix

BBH:
man, what the fuck happened to this thread? it got all off-topic and doubled in size in the morning/afternoon, then quickly died. Weird.

Anyways JHendrix, I checked out the .mov's. Quite impressive, I'm prepared to eat my words and give Hugo another try now.

The thing I never thought to consider (since I'm still not really used to the engine) was guard-cancel dashing (which still looks and feels really weird to me). That's the best possible way to make up for his lack of SPD range - cancel dash to cover the range he needs, since the dash is so fast. Ticking into an SPD is still impossible though, and I still miss the "suck-in" factor... but oh well. Dash cancelling into his Gigaton Press (or whatever the 720 super is called) is pimp as hell. The only thing to be worried about is if you're trying to dash-cancel an attack that the opponent is going to buffer into a special move... ah, more of the randomness that is SvC :p

And I didn't notice until now that his f+A handslappy thing (Standing Strong in SF3) seems faster now, which is a good thing. Certainly his best poking attack on the ground.

So yeah, I was wrong, he's certainly not a worthless character from what it looks like.
Yeah, the dash cancel into the 720 super is awesome, I definitely don't think I could parry into it even with all my recent Hugo/SF3 practice, it's just too hard. It doesn't look all that hard to cancel into it though, tapping F,F to guard cancel is too hard and it'll F* up the 720 motion so I'll probably use the BC method of doing it even though it costs super meter (unless doing F,F for the guard cancel also eats super meter but the US page for SvC's system doesn't seem to say that). Thing is the 720 move is the Exceed attack so you only get one per match anyway, besides a little super meter is worth taking off half a life bar... :D

I can see with that strategy it being VERY easy to nail Hugo's exceede, and that definitely makes him VERY nasty to play against. Hell if your in MAX mode and can BC all day (well at least till the bar runs out) you can more than likely BC into his Wall Throw and go into the Megaton Press super... :D

I think I gotta start a thread in UT about how to use Hugo or other grapple characters effectively, I really would like ways to nail his 360 throw other than the standard jump-in-with-no-attack to 360, or the wakeup 360 throw, as that's all I can really use the move for in 3rd Strike right now.

And yeah his standing/crouching Weak Punch is ULTRA fast in SvC, hell I think Hugo is straight up faster in SvC than he is in 3rd Strike which makes him that much more deadly. I still want to see if I can nail that QCB+P into the 360 or 720 chain in SvC as you can't in SF3, but with the extra speed he has in SvC it may be possible... :D

MAN I WANT SVC RIGHT NOW!!!! blow_top crying

JHendrix

Just FYI, more SvC Vids went up at <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com" target="_blank">http://www.snk-capcom.com</a>

Very nice stuff there, Geese is friggin nasty....

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/HP2-64.html" target="_blank">http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/HP2-64.html</a>

spock

Thats probably the gayest looking stick I've ever seen.

And I can't actually solder at all. :)

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
first off it looks damn fine with a neo geo engine and shouldnt be updated it still has some of the best 2d graphics ever in history