Treasure of the Caribbean

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
So, you're saying it looks good? LOL

Anyway, I don't think it's that bad... it's not great. I wish it was more, but it's still interesting. It's a Puyo Pop rip-off, but you can say that about a lot of Neo Geo games... however many can back up their quality with quality gameplay.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So, you're saying it looks good? LOL

Anyway, I don't think it's that bad... it's not great. I wish it was more, but it's still interesting. It's a Puyo Pop rip-off, but you can say that about a lot of Neo Geo games... however many can back up their quality with quality gameplay.

The game is horrid. Out of all the proto carts I've made, I've only ever had a single request for this game. If it was truly made by Face then it would have been WAY better. They need to remove Face from the title screen and anywhere in the game as it is no way related to them.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
The game is horrid. Out of all the proto carts I've made, I've only ever had a single request for this game. If it was truly made by Face then it would have been WAY better. They need to remove Face from the title screen and anywhere in the game as it is no way related to them.

Was there any true answers for how much code was actually used?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's a morbidly curious part of me that wants to pick up the CD release of this.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
There's a morbidly curious part of me that wants to pick up the CD release of this.

Shawn has it at the store, plus a recent explosion of conversions lol

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
All the people crying about the organic bootlegs should be more upset over good games being sacced for Treasure of the Caribbean by Le Cortex. Even 3 Count Bout is better and I bet that's one of the many commons that got killed for this "homebrew".

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
All the people crying about the organic bootlegs should be more upset over good games being sacced for Treasure of the Caribbean by Le Cortex. Even 3 Count Bout is better and I bet that's one of the many commons that got killed for this "homebrew".

Wtf is an organic bootleg?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The EPROMs are free range and only erased w natural sunlight. The PCBs are free trade and sustainable.

Ah ok. I saw a guy selling those out of the back of a Volvo station wagon at a grateful dead show one time. He traded a Kizuna for a pile of grilled cheese sandwiches.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Ah ok. I saw a guy selling those out of the back of a Volvo station wagon at a grateful dead show one time. He traded a Kizuna for a pile of grilled cheese sandwiches.

That may have been a fake organic boot. Did you verify the cart shell was plant based and fully biodegradable? Was the label, insert and manual printed on hemp using soy-based ink?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That may have been a fake organic boot. Did you verify the cart shell was plant based and fully biodegradable? Was the label, insert and manual printed on hemp using soy-based ink?

They smelled like patchouli...does that mean anything?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Wtf is an organic bootleg?

I meant completely new parts bootlegs, where the snaplock case, cartridge shells, boards and chips are all newly produced. How is that wrong while NCI / Le Cortex isn't being hunted down for putting "Treasure of the Caribbean" on sac cartridges?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
How is that wrong while NCI / Le Cortex isn't being hunted down for putting "Treasure of the Caribbean" on sac cartridges?
Who here says anything is right with "Le Cortex"? Their games suck, their products suck, fuck them.

Spoiler:
CPHD_US.jpg

1043.gif

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I meant completely new parts bootlegs, where the snaplock case, cartridge shells, boards and chips are all newly produced. How is that wrong while NCI / Le Cortex isn't being hunted down for putting "Treasure of the Caribbean" on sac cartridges?

I don't remember anyone talking up those games. Every piece of homebrew on the system has been pretty awful honestly. There is zero reason to be sacing carts nowadays and with a flash cart on the way why would you spend $400 on a bootleg SSVS. End of story.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I don't remember anyone talking up those games. Every piece of homebrew on the system has been pretty awful honestly. There is zero reason to be sacing carts nowadays and with a flash cart on the way why would you spend $400 on a bootleg SSVS. End of story.

So, you and Frodo can "carry the one cart" back to Mordo and get your orc on. Kidding aside. I can't lie, I like having my little shelves in my gaming room, and the few rare games sitting on the shelf in my office. It's like running Star Ocean (SNES) on my INL PCB, instead of running the damn thing off my SF7 Gamedoctor, even with an emulated floppy usb drive. Like I said before, the quality is pretty fucking impressive. I like artwork, which is why I collect NGPC games, even though a lot of them are terrible.

I wasn't looking to start a "race war" about it, someone asked me to post a copy when I updated my release. I'll upload the MVS template tonight, i accidentally used a AES one from BB.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So, you and Frodo can "carry the one cart" back to Mordo and get your orc on. Kidding aside. I can't lie, I like having my little shelves in my gaming room, and the few rare games sitting on the shelf in my office. It's like running Star Ocean (SNES) on my INL PCB, instead of running the damn thing off my SF7 Gamedoctor, even with an emulated floppy usb drive. Like I said before, the quality is pretty fucking impressive. I like artwork, which is why I collect NGPC games, even though a lot of them are terrible.

I wasn't looking to start a "race war" about it, someone asked me to post a copy when I updated my release. I'll upload the MVS template tonight, i accidentally used a AES one from BB.

I like artwork too. But I can look at it online. I, like a lot of folks here, have moved past having all the clutter and really just wanna play the games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Star Ocean...sitting in the office...shelves...rare carts...and people wonder why collectards suck...

I'm down with just playing the games, fuck shelves of carts and discs everywhere, it feels like a fucking gamestop sometimes, who wants that?! I wanna sell!

Edit: What you need to try is the WiiU homebrew channel.

240p
Excellent Peripherals

What else do you need, the experience is super legit, I loved it.

Edit 2: I'm getting into PCEngine now, I got an Everdrive and I'm not planning on getting any huecards but my most personal favorite ones, wether they are rare or not. I know some people just start getting cards like it's a frreaking baseball card, fuck that.

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
There's a difference between collecting/playing and just collecting. Especially that I'm an artwork guy, I like the classic artwork and it pains me to see that games don't have manuals anymore and even before they stopped making them... the art and manuals lacked creativity. I've been selling my loose NES games lately, but I've been keeping the manuals. I have a bunch of everdrives or their equivalent for many of my systems. However, you get "game overlord", since there's sooo many to play or choose from. I like the days where you had to pay $60 for a NES game and you played the shit out of it, because you didn't have $60 to buy another one and some asshole at Blockbuster kept the game you wanted for longer than his 5 days LOL. The simple times before I had expendable income.

It's the same reason, why I like buying dvds/blu-rays, instead of just playing a movie from the hard drive. I have my fairshare of AVI, MKV's ,etc. but when you can buy a movie on Blu-Ray for $4-$7, instead of $19.99 or more, you bet you ass if I like the movie, I'll be picking it up.

Don't be grumpy EG, come to the darkside.

Edit: I had my Wii filled with emulators, Wii Pak games, etc. It wasn't the same. Emulation sucks... especially slowdown. I was hoping the retropie would be great, but it's SNES emulation is garbage (unless someone can point me in the direction of a better emulator).

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
pfff, the darkside is all about becoming powerful the fast and easy way (trade off: bad looks ...and doing evil if you're a cunt). That's not buying shit for high prices but playing for cheap on arcade hardware and/or roms (for skillz). And it fucking rules.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
There's a difference between collecting/playing and just collecting. Especially that I'm an artwork guy, I like the classic artwork and it pains me to see that games don't have manuals anymore and even before they stopped making them... the art and manuals lacked creativity. I've been selling my loose NES games lately, but I've been keeping the manuals. I have a bunch of everdrives or their equivalent for many of my systems. However, you get "game overlord", since there's sooo many to play or choose from. I like the days where you had to pay $60 for a NES game and you played the shit out of it, because you didn't have $60 to buy another one and some asshole at Blockbuster kept the game you wanted for longer than his 5 days LOL. The simple times before I had expendable income.

It's the same reason, why I like buying dvds/blu-rays, instead of just playing a movie from the hard drive. I have my fairshare of AVI, MKV's ,etc. but when you can buy a movie on Blu-Ray for $4-$7, instead of $19.99 or more, you bet you ass if I like the movie, I'll be picking it up.

Don't be grumpy EG, come to the darkside.

Edit: I had my Wii filled with emulators, Wii Pak games, etc. It wasn't the same. Emulation sucks... especially slowdown. I was hoping the retropie would be great, but it's SNES emulation is garbage (unless someone can point me in the direction of a better emulator).

I didn't say anything about emulation. Everdrives and real hardware. Fuck the clutter. Having all that space back is life changing.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I didn't say anything about emulation. Everdrives and real hardware. Fuck the clutter. Having all that space back is life changing.

I've got the room. Did you get a garden? My wife kills anything that's green... that wouldn't fly here lol.