Toxic relationship stories.. Psycho ex stories?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
So my girlfriend now that I am with is fantastic, we've been together for some years now. We never fight, we are constructive with things and just over all play off each other well. I like that she can handle my sarcastic personality, because I am to and acquired taste with it. I like dry humor, but we are good companions and she brings out the good about me as a person more then the bad.

I made this thread for some stories of stuff you went through. My previous ex and me argued like hell, she had reasons to be annoyed with me at times because I was being a controlling dick in instances that deserved the criticism. I was to new to serious relationships in all honesty.

We were together for about 4 years. I'd been involved with women, but nothing that serious. We just continuously clashed and it became a toxic mess. It was one of those things where we realized we were better off away from each other, but our intimacy was created through our argument warring. This is the sad toxicity of the situation. It just crashed one day and we ended. I mean, I wish her well and hopefully she finds a better fit. I am 33, she is about 43 now.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Once upon a time my uncle's psycho ex boyfriend broke a whiskey bottle over his head. When my uncle drove himself to the hospital (ended up with 13 staples) the guy came back and burned his house down. My grandma was still inside but thankfully she made it out in time.

The end.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
she had reasons to be annoyed with me at times because I was being a controlling dick in instances that deserved the criticism.

What did you do to be a controlling dick?

Did she want to get married and you weren't down for it?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
After my last relationship of nearly 4 years ended due to my fiancés mental illness, inability to work, and basically zero help from her family in caring for her, I have basically realized that I am completely incapable of trusting another person, cannot manage to consider any relationship friendship or romantically as anything other than transient, and have more or less relegated myself to being a lifelong bachelor. The odds of this changing are only compounded by the fact that I only find about .1% of females physically attractive, spend most all of my time at work, and am 28 years old with zero desire to ever have children.
I'm pretty damn happy with my life though currently. No longer working 12 hour night shifts and seeing the sunlight every day has made life so much more tolerable. Maybe when work slows down I'll be able to get a dog to accompany my cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I had an ex, who would drink and would love to fight. One night we had to leave a party and she got pissed and tried to jump out of the moving car. I got her to stop trying that then she started hitting me.

The amount of self control it took to not reach over and slap her...

The cops where called twice when we where living together, both times called by her. The first time they just asked me to leave. The second time she called they arrested her.

I grabbed my shit and never looked back.

I dated her for little over a year.

Edit: Lesson dont move in with a girl after only a month of dating.

My wife, who I dated after, I did not move in with for 2 years and did not propose for another 2.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
What did you do to be a controlling dick?

Did she want to get married and you weren't down for it?

Just petty shit, stupid jealousy issues. She was popular. I was to distrusting of her in some ways. I was being a real dick over trusting her. I should have just not got involved since if you can't trust someone, that's on you. We also came from a similar party scene, so it made the situation tough because in the background is the split situation. My advice to anyone who is involved in a crowd, keep the fuck out of doing relationships. We both knew this wasn't a good idea and it did come up. My party era is honestly behind me. The main people I communicate with is in the native american jewelry community (I study history, do repairs and am a heavy collector, I really should make a thread) and the OG's who give a fuck. My girlfriend is actually 23, so I am a decade ahead of her in age.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well hope you learned from it and how to be a betterman.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Edit: Lesson dont move in with a girl after only a month of dating.

My wife, who I dated after, I did not move in with for 2 years and did not propose for another 2.

I think this is important when it comes to marriage. Some people get married and they never lived with each other and I think living with the person is a very important step.

I dated my wife for 4 years and lived with her for 2 before getting married. You have to know what it's like living with a person before you decide on spending the rest of your life with that same person.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
After my last relationship of nearly 4 years ended due to my fiancés mental illness, inability to work, and basically zero help from her family in caring for her, I have basically realized that I am completely incapable of trusting another person, cannot manage to consider any relationship friendship or romantically as anything other than transient, and have more or less relegated myself to being a lifelong bachelor. The odds of this changing are only compounded by the fact that I only find about .1% of females physically attractive, spend most all of my time at work, and am 28 years old with zero desire to ever have children.
I'm pretty damn happy with my life though currently. No longer working 12 hour night shifts and seeing the sunlight every day has made life so much more tolerable. Maybe when work slows down I'll be able to get a dog to accompany my cat.

But you have a sick Neo Geo collection, right?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
1. My aunt had a decent life insurance plan. Her husband put out a hit on her. The hitman, instead of shooting her, hit her over the head with the butt of his pistol. She passed out and fell down the stairs. The hitman didn't bother to make sure she was dead; he just assumed. She woke up 20 minutes later and called 911. I think both the husband and the hitman are in jail now.

2. I was a tech for a local hardcore band. I finished setting up and was standing around watching another band. A girl started waving at me. I thought that only people who knew each other waved at each other, so I was racking my brain trying to remember who this girl was. I couldn't, and she motioned for me to come over. She introduced herself and I was even more confused because that meant I definitely didn't know her. We talked for a bit (like 10 minutes) and she invited me to her birthday party the next week.

I figured this would be a house party. I show up and it's this small party with like 8 people, including my friend who I brought along and me. She pulls up a seat next to her and has me sit there. She starts holding my hand! We started talking online (this was before the texting era) and she would tell me how she was depressed and everyone hated her - she basically guilted me into hanging out with her. We would make out and stuff but I never let it get beyond that because I didn't want her to get the wrong impression. (I know that's kind of hypocritical, but whatever - I was a teenager.)

After a few months it got to be too much, what with her threatening to kill herself if I didn't officially become her boyfriend. One day she called my house and asked, "Is [my real name] home?" I said, "Nope." She said, "I didn't know [my real name] had a brother." I said, "I don't." That was the end of it... I thought.

Months pass and my friend, his girlfriend (who he met at that birthday party - in other words, crazy girl's friend) go to the movies. We're in the parking lot and we see the crazy girl. My friend, being a dick, starts honking his horn and calling her over. I start yelling at him to stop but he won't, so I slide down to the bottom of the car. She eventually comes over. She's talking to my friend and notices me out of the corner of her eye. I'm caught so I sit up straight. She says, "Hey. I drove by your house the other day. You weren't home." WTF. I don't live on a main street and I live in a different town from her. So she was obviously staking out my house... Luckily I haven't heard from her since.

EDIT:
I think this is important when it comes to marriage. Some people get married and they never lived with each other and I think living with the person is a very important step.

I dated my wife for 4 years and lived with her for 2 before getting married. You have to know what it's like living with a person before you decide on spending the rest of your life with that same person.

Def. Older people criticize this a lot, but it seems nothing but practical to me.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

Truth. Words to live by.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I believe that it should be mandatory that people live together for a minimum of a year before getting married...then again, that would piss off the thumpers so it wouldn't happen.

Crap comes out of the woodwork when you live together, crap you can hide when you're not. If you really want to know who someone is...you have to live with them. I even went through this being on the road for work. Spending nearly every waking moment with a co-worker M-Thurs can be a real eye opener.

When I married my wife in 1998, we had already dated for 3 years and lived together for 1. Even with that, the first year of our marriage was a disaster. It took some time to settle down. If I ever found myself on the market again, I would refuse to marry someone that I hadn't lived with for a minimum of 1 year, if not 2 or 3.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
No longer working 12 hour night shifts and seeing the sunlight every day has made life so much more tolerable.

Really relate to this, as someone who worked those hours a lot last year it definitely destroyed my health and had a negative effect on my relationship. Some really wise advice in this thread, particularly about living with someone. I personally find life is so much easier alone, not that there's anything wrong with being happy as a couple.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Really relate to this, as someone who worked those hours a lot last year it definitely destroyed my health and had a negative effect on my relationship. Some really wise advice in this thread, particularly about living with someone. I personally find life is so much easier alone, not that there's anything wrong with being happy as a couple.

It can be easy to live happy alone, but extremely difficult to make someone else happy and yourself.

But the rewards are greater. Caution vs risk.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I know absolutely nothing about this subject. :emb:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
they are all psycho.
i had one of those cutters.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i'm the psycho ex

i miss my ex-girlfriend and i cry over it all the time and when i get a chance to i tell her my feelings and she ignores them because its too hard and thats okay but really i want to fucking kill myself if i think too much so i distract myself and try to keep living the way i am,i love my current girlfriend, but i'm suffering

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

This is pretty much almost how I've lived for years now myself. I'm in my mid-40s and have had 0 regrets about my life as a single person.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
i'm the psycho ex

i miss my ex-girlfriend and i cry over it all the time and when i get a chance to i tell her my feelings and she ignores them because its too hard and thats okay but really i want to fucking kill myself if i think too much so i distract myself and try to keep living the way i am,i love my current girlfriend, but i'm suffering

Time heals all wounds, Sylvie. Just be patient.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I've had a lot of psychos but but I'm pretty sure I'm the toxic one.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Eh, I don't think my shit belongs on here.

Last edited:

xorthen

Banned
i'm the psycho ex

Damn Sylvie, that's a heart tugging story there. You need a hug or something?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Damn Sylvie, that's a heart tugging story there. You need a hug or something?
yeah i do need a hug and a drool tray so i can drool while i sob uncontrollably over my lost love.