Tons of SNK ports for 2004 **small update**

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Decepticon said:

SSV is coming out for PS2 in June.

:eek_2:

WTF? This is news to me, got teh linkz to proove it?

NCSX gets more of my money I guess....:D

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
JHendrix said:
:eek_2:

WTF? This is news to me, got teh linkz to proove it?

NCSX gets more of my money I guess....:D

First post of this thread mentioned it.

SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 5 PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 6/15/2004

$39.99

*EDIT*

Looks like Gamestop took it off their site...I hope its still coming :(

Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Decepticon said:
First post of this thread mentiones it.

SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 5 PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 6/15/2004

$39.99

DOH!

Oh see I was thinking these were dates for the JPN version of the game. After working at a Gamestop for a few years I've come to realize the dates they've got are BS.

I wanna see that put up on SNKP's webpage honestly, but yeah a June 04 release for SS5 on PS2 would be awesome, especially if it was in the US...:D

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
JHendrix said:
DOH!

Oh see I was thinking these were dates for the JPN version of the game. After working at a Gamestop for a few years I've come to realize the dates they've got are BS.

I wanna see that put up on SNKP's webpage honestly, but yeah a June 04 release for SS5 on PS2 would be awesome, especially if it was in the US...:D

Yea it would :buttrock:

I hope they translate the story though so I will know what I missed by not being able to read Japanese.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Decepticon said:
I havent heard about a release for the DC

SSV is coming out for PS2 in June.

SVC: Well, as I told, I only HAVE HEARD. It can be vaporware.

SSV: I was talking about a DC release.

Tridagger X

Geese's Thug
from The Magic Box:

- SNK Playmore confirmed they will release the PS2 version of Samurai Spirits 0 and King of Fighters 2002, price and release date are not yet decided. The PS2 version of SNK Vs Capcom: SVC Chaos is scheduled to release in Japan on December 25, for 6800 yen.

but what about Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee?

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Tridagger X said:
from The Magic Box:

- SNK Playmore confirmed they will release the PS2 version of Samurai Spirits 0 and King of Fighters 2002, price and release date are not yet decided. The PS2 version of SNK Vs Capcom: SVC Chaos is scheduled to release in Japan on December 25, for 6800 yen.

i think matrimelle and ROTD will probably remain neo only, they would have been ported long ago if they were ever going to be.

Tridagger X

Geese's Thug
dang! and just when it was so close.
maybe they could change their minds and release both RoTD and Matrimelee in a 2-disc set, just like KOF '00 and '01... :loco:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
OmegaSaber said:
KING OF FIGHTERS 2003 PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/15/2004

$39.99

Publisher: SNK CORP.
ESRB: N/A

SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 2/10/2004

$49.99

Publisher: SNK CORP.
ESRB: N/A
This HAS to be bullshit. Nothing would piss me off more than getting rid of the exclusivity of owning the AES version first and having the mainstreamer kiddies getting the game at the same time.

Any and all loyal SNK/SNKP fans without a home system are different, its their choice.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Re: Re: Tons of SNK ports for 2004 **small update**

Buro Destruct said:
This HAS to be bullshit. Nothing would piss me off more than getting rid of the exclusivity of owning the AES version first and having the mainstreamer kiddies getting the game at the same time.

Any and all loyal SNK/SNKP fans without a home system are different, its their choice.

They are still getting an inferior alternative.:glee:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Could we please not go down this stupid, stupid road again?

SNKJorge

Tridagger X said:
from The Magic Box:

:shame:

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Fygee said:
Could we please not go down this stupid, stupid road again?

sorry, but it is inevitable:

"Like sands through the hour glass, so is the constant pissing and moaning of too short to justify his AES carts"

BustAmore

New Challenger
KOF 00/01 and Metal Slug 3

KOF 00/01 is obviously being released as a package the 9th..

Metal Slug 3 has not been given a release date. SNK USA is still in negotiations with SCEA. SCEA has yet to approve their product. That does not mean it is not approved, it only means it is not yet approved. I wrote to SNK USA directly and that was the response I recieved.

I wouldn't believe gamestop or ebgames. They are usually both wrong. Though ebgames more so than gamestop.

However, I went ahead and emailed SNK Consumer USA directly about Samura Spirits Zero and The King of the Fighters 2002.

I will let all of you know the response once I recieve it.

SNKJorge

rebellion1 said:
sorry, but it is inevitable:

"Like sands through the hour glass, so is the constant pissing and moaning of the porties that do not even own a neo,
when tooshort mentions the word inferior "

Much, much better

BustAmore

New Challenger
Inferior?

I think that the Neogeo is probably one of the best systems ever made but also, as I am sure you are all aware, it has always been the policy of SNK to bring its titles to other systems.

The Neogeo system was a phenomena brought about because people, not the company, desired for it to be mass marketed. Yet, even still, SNK kept its products through mail order.

SNK was and unless things change, will always be, both an arcade company and a 3rd party developer.

It is also one thing, to suggest that you do not like a system but it is quite another thing to put someone down because they do.

Not everyone can afford an Armani suit but should you put them down because they have the Armani suit and you do not?

I cannot afford a Neogeo, so, I buy the ports when I can, I play the MVS systems when I can find them, and I play the Neogeo with others if they own the system.

90% of the video game systems I own (excluding the games) were gifts.

What I am saying, is instead of complaining that SNK is making ports, be grateful that you have a Neo and don't have to get ports, but also, be grateful that people like me, who cannot afford the Neo, still have some avenue to play their favorite arcade games.

I've been gaming for 15 years, so I don't think I am less hardcore than the Neo owners. The only thing that seperates us is our bank accounts.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Re: Re: Tons of SNK ports for 2004 **small update**

Buro Destruct said:

I don't see how people like you can say they want SNKP to succeed, yet not want them to please the mainstream. Production needs cash, and quite plainly, the biggest potential market isn't the niche gamer.

BustAmore

New Challenger
Official Word on SS5 and KOF2002

I talked with Ben Herman, president of SNK USA's Consumer Corporation and both Samurai Shodown Zero/Five and KOF2002 will be released later but only if Sony approves the games.

So basically it is like this:

The King of the Fighters 00/01: This will be released tomorrow.

Metal Slug 3: It is done but Sony has yet to approve it. So it may or may not be released.

The King of the Fighters 2002: There are plans to release it at a later date but only pending Sony's approval.

Samurai Shodown 5: There are plans to release it later but only pending Sony's approval.

If the games don't get released, its because Sony refused to allow it.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
:mad: Man, sony have got some seriously fucked priorities. Shit games like ninja turtles get high billing but slug 3 is struggling to make it out?