Tons of SNK ports for 2004 **small update**

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
oh shut up, 2000/2001 has by all acounts (jap version) been perfect port wise.

Few questions:

Since SS 5 has no rating as of yet, you think they will give it a M rating because of all the blood? I doubt they will bring it over censored.

Same with metal slug - though that could prolly skate by with a T rating.

Chaos in only a few months...fuck yes!!@!!!!

dbarrett0928

Banned
snk

snk is gonna make a huge comeback, i can care less about the newer systems, i hope it opens the new generation gamers eyes and shows them where these games stem from so snk rakes in the bills to fund new titles for the aes and mvs systems...

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Anyway this is good news but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone because they already stated that they were going to be releasing their games here.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
This may just be a reason for me to buy a PS2 and a pair of Pelican Real Arcade Sticks!!!

Is Matrimelee scheduled to come out for PS2?:loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

DBS

Mega Shock!!
Will any of the ports being released for the PS2 come out for the xbox or does SNK and Sony have some special deal going on? Too bad they don't allow these games to be playable online.

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
Why do none of these ports ever, EVER come out in the UK? Geez! It's getting silly now! The only port (as far as I know) that's had a release over here was Metal Slug X, and I really don't want to go into the stupid, stupid delays that befell that game.

Hell, I'd buy a PS2 just to be able to play these games! (And I have absolutely no intention to buy one otherwise... that ought to tell you how desparate I am!) Why must the PAL territories be neglected so?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
XBox users-base is low in japan and won t get higher so much since next year fall bells the arrival of IBM/ATI powered XBox 2 (presentation of final hardware at the next E3). I think they ll stick to PS2 big big big users base.

–°‚¢￾`￾`￾`ƒxƒbƒh‚ɖ߂邼 (ƒ¦.ƒ¦)ƒm￾J ƒoƒCƒoƒC

Last edited:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
SS5 for the PS2 won't be worth much to me unless they translate the story mode like it properly should, or unless they add a certain catgirl as a bonus character like she was in PSX SS4...

I don't think SS5 will get a mature rating just for the blood. All the SS games that were rated from what I've seen, including SS2 for the PC which had the fatalities and everything got a Teen rating.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
rebellion1 said:
oh shut up, 2000/2001 has by all acounts (jap version) been perfect port wise.

Few questions:

Since SS 5 has no rating as of yet, you think they will give it a M rating because of all the blood? I doubt they will bring it over censored.

Same with metal slug - though that could prolly skate by with a T rating.

Chaos in only a few months...fuck yes!!@!!!!

i ve already preordered it,
but it would be an absolute crime to take out the blood.
i may have to go for the jp one instead.
which actually, doesnt sound like to bad an idea.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Here's a bit of an update, I went to Game Crazy and tried to pre-order KoF '00 and '01, but they wouldn't let me because they said it comes out in 5 days. Which means they've supposedly got it coming on 11/28 rather than 12/10. The guy then told me I could reserve KoF '02 which is coming in April, or KoF 3D which is coming in March. I told him to just put me in a pre-order for KoF EX2 and he said he couldn't because it's not guaranteed to come in...what the hell? Isn't that the point of a pre-order, to make sure a copy gets there?

Anyway, that means KoF 3D is moving up 7 months, and KoF '02 would come out a month later than '03. Somehow I don't believe anything ever said about SNKP releases...Just goes to show how messed up SNKP's release schedule really is.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
OmegaSaber said:
The guy then told me I could reserve KoF '02 which is coming in April, or KoF 3D which is coming in March.

Anyway, that means KoF 3D is moving up 3 months, and KoF '02 would come out a month later than '03. Just goes to show how messed up SNKP's release schedule really is.
I don't know about that PS2 KOF '02 in April thing. There isn't a Japanese version of that game released yet for PS2 and I haven't heard of one even being in development, while the much newer SVC is already out. Of course I could be wrong, and I hope I am...

I can't wait for the '00/'01 port though (even though I have the DC versions). After getting used to delays, it will be nice to get it a little earlier than I was expecting. I just hope they're not censored like on american MVS. Yeah, I know that's a stupid remark already made by a hundred people.

X

Y,
How about another two pack in the States :make_fac:

KOF 02 and 03 together.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
X said:
I was just hoping :( .

I see the KOF00-01 package as SNKP's way of migrating over from DC to PS2.

I think they may just skip 02 and move onto 03 for the PS2 sometime next year.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Since the claim that KOF 2003 is on the way to the U.S. on the PS2 i have been thinking that it so damn strange to skip 2002.. i know they might want to jump on the new hot game they have in the arcades and get it into wanting fans hands before somthing new comes out....but skip a whole yr.??? Im thinking that 2002 will be a pack in..a bonus disk of sorts...maybe if you preorder you get 2002 just like Star Wars did on the Game cube with the old school arcade game on a extra disk... come on Playmore you can do something cool like this for your fans..;)

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Decepticon said:
I see the KOF00-01 package as SNKP's way of migrating over from DC to PS2.

I think they may just skip 02 and move onto 03 for the PS2 sometime next year.

Well, the DC is dead console these days, but the large user base, and the Atomiswave change got my hopes up. Maybe SNKP will continue to support the console as a 'AES successor', since the AW/DC conversion is simple and the media is cheap:drool:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Verythrax said:
Well, the DC is dead console these days, but the large user base, and the Atomiswave change got my hopes up. Maybe SNKP will continue to support the console as a 'AES successor', since the AW/DC conversion is simple and the media is cheap:drool:

I have been wishing for years that SNK would pick up the DC as the official successor and begin releasing more games for it until eventually they stopeed supporting the AES and the DC would be SNK's home console.....even rereleasing it under the Neo Geo name....but then I woke up. :(

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wouldn't call it dead....

The Xbox is a dead console... In japan.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Decepticon said:
I have been wishing for years that SNK would pick up the DC as the official successor and begin releasing more games for it until eventually they stopeed supporting the AES and the DC would be SNK's home console.....even rereleasing it under the Neo Geo name....but then I woke up. :(

Dream is not a crime - yet. ;)

But if SNKP really start to use Atomiswave massively, it seems to be reasonable to expect more DC ports.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Verythrax said:
Dream is not a crime - yet. ;)

But if SNKP really start to use Atomiswave massively, it seems to be reasonable to expect more DC ports.

But lack of any news concerning SVC for the DC has me thinking the Dreamcast is nothing more than a memory to SNKP now.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Decepticon said:
But lack of any news concerning SVC for the DC has me thinking the Dreamcast is nothing more than a memory to SNKP now.

Well, I had heard about SNKP asking if the people wants a DC port, and after that the DC port was confirmed, with a release date (that I don't remember). But SNKP don't have the habit to talk about WIP to ports. I don't think they will cancel de SVC to DC.

But I don't see much possibility in a SS0 release. SNKP isn't giving much attention to this, even to MVS/AES.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Verythrax said:
Well, I had heard about SNKP asking if the people wants a DC port, and after that the DC port was confirmed, with a release date (that I don't remember). But SNKP don't have the habit to talk about WIP to ports. I don't think they will cancel de SVC to DC.

I havent heard about a release for the DC

But I don't see much possibility in a SS0 release. SNKP isn't giving much attention to this, even to MVS/AES.

SSV is coming out for PS2 in June.