Thoughts on the two patients being flown from Africa with Ebola?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
You think they planted the virus, and then got extracted when plan A failed?

No no, it's the fact that they're being released so soon. I'm no doctor but I would think they would keep Dr. Brantly and the other victim isolated for a few more weeks to ensure the serum had no ill side-effects. We'll know right away if something happens.

I currently live in the city where Dr. Brantly is from (Abilene, Texas) and if anything happens, who knows what this city will do.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Of course, Ebola is a horrible disease, but you have to enter in contact with body's fluids like feces to contract it.
And with western hygienic standards it's quite hard.

It's not like flu, if not we would have million of dead people in Africa.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Of course, Ebola is a horrible disease, but you have to enter in contact with body's fluids like feces to contract it.
And with western hygienic standards it's quite hard.

It's not like flu, if not we would have million of dead people in Africa.

It's a good point, if it can only kill a few hundred people in Africa, the continent of piss and shit, then in the west only spitting football players will be hit hard by this. Win win.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
It's a good point, if it can only kill a few hundred people in Africa, the continent of piss and shit, then in the west only spitting football players will be hit hard by this. Win win.

We have also the Euro scat sex community!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
a man diagnosed with Ebola in Dallas

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81554872/

suuuure its completely unrelated suure.
didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here today. the daily show is why I heard about it.
people who will bother should post enough more for me to skim and take away what I decide is relevant. please?

bump

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I heard Ebola is all the rage amongst teens these days

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think maybe flying their families out to Africa would've made more sense. The risk of bringing the Ebola virus here is not worth it IMO.

I don't know how that's a lot better. Fly a bunch of people to some Ebola-infested area of Africa, then bring 'em on back. Also seems like not a great plan.

You know what's cool? Skype.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I don't know how that's a lot better. Fly a bunch of people to some Ebola-infested area of Africa, then bring 'em on back. Also seems like not a great plan.

You know what's cool? Skype.

This is what got me...the complete selfishness of the people involved.

IF I went out of country and IF I came down with some horrible sickness...I would never attempt to come back to the states to say my goodbyes...not in a world with internet and this level of connectivity. I would not put that many people at risk to accomplish one last act of selfishness...

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

IF I went out of country and IF I came down with some horrible sickness...I would never attempt to come back to the states to say my goodbyes...not in a world with internet and this level of connectivity. I would not put that many people at risk to accomplish one last act of selfishness...

Well you're healthy right now, so it's easy to say that when you know you're not infected with a disease that has a kill rate of 50% at the moment.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So in 21 days or so, we will know when the world is fucked...GGPO

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
a man diagnosed with Ebola in Dallas

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81554872/

suuuure its completely unrelated suure.
didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here today. the daily show is why I heard about it.
people who will bother should post enough more for me to skim and take away what I decide is relevant. please?

bump

Federal officials have said that the patient's temperature was checked when he boarded a commercial airliner on Sept. 19 and he did not have a fever.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but why were they taking his temp back in September?

And why the "contact" with a bunch of children that attend 4 different schools?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Damn we are fucked! 4 Schools? You know kids don't like to wash their hands & shit...I like how they keep saying is very unlikely these kids have the virus, its very unlikely this can spread, its very unlikely fuck you!

Why the fuck are people allowed to leave a country that has an epidemic going on...Im curious exactly who is conducting these testing before boarding a plane. What are they using to scan for symptoms...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well you're healthy right now, so it's easy to say that when you know you're not infected with a disease that has a kill rate of 50% at the moment.

Not it's not...I know like I know my name I would not put my family at risk just to see them face to face before I die.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn we are fucked! 4 Schools? You know kids don't like to wash their hands & shit...I like how they keep saying is very unlikely these kids have the virus, its very unlikely this can spread, its very unlikely fuck you!

Why the fuck are people allowed to leave a country that has an epidemic going on...Im curious exactly who is conducting these testing before boarding a plane. What are they using to scan for symptoms...

I like how they are always saying don't panic, even when shit is getting riskier/worse.

FUCK THEM. This shit really seems intentional.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

That's because everyone now is a malignant narcissist with severe entitlement issues. We have successfully created an entire generation of them, worldwide.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Just wait until the weather starts to cool. Rather than flu season we'll have ebola season.

That really is one of the things that has puzzled me about it for a very long time. Why is it found in naturally (maybe not) in an area that is not its ideal living conditions. When you go back in years to information about previous outbreaks of years long past there was some information abut this. The idea that in colder less humid climates that it can spread through the same methods as influenza A, is quite disturbing to think about if it were to get a foothold here.

bklyn4ever

New Challenger
Well now that we have officially had our 1st diagnosed case on US soil it is only a matter of ti e before we see many more cases. I love to travel, however, this is the problem we can potentially bring things back!

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Maybe I should start watching those crazy bastards on "Preppers" Perhaps they aren't so crazy after all...:conf:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Riots...famine, energy shortages, society's demise...you can prep for those things (kinda). The government blowing you to pieces? A virus? Yeah...not so much. If the government wants to send a missile at your home or run it over with a tank...not much you can do about that. If a nasty virus spreads through the populous...no gun/food ration is going to stop that either.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel, Obama's former White House Chief of Staff

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Actual Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel, Obama's former White House Chief of Staff

"You were sittin' home watchin' your TV, while I was participating in some anarchy." :keke:

PS: Teh RAHMZZZZ

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm glad I wear a condom everywhere I go

phew