Thoughts on the two patients being flown from Africa with Ebola?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
From my understanding....they aren't going to do anything different here than they would in Africa as there is no "real" treatment for the disease. It just seems they are being flown here for the ability to see their family.

Thoughts?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Stupid as fuck.

I wonder what could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea I'm just waiting to hear about a "tear" in the pod that is transporting them. I'm somewhat close to them living in SC. The guy goes to a church 2 mins away from my work. I swear if I catch it I'm going on a spree.

Neo Ash

Yea I'm just waiting to hear about a "tear" in the pod that is transporting them. I'm somewhat close to them living in SC. The guy goes to a church 2 mins away from my work. I swear if I catch it I'm going on a spree.

You think you're close. What about me and Abs? Fuck!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
so how many family do they have to see? you'd think transporting terminally ill people would cover a few normal tickets?
in this day and age though common sense seems to refer to doing ass backwards stupid shit though so its perfectly logical?

[sorry for my language]

edit:I would bet there is actually a law or two being unenforced or deemed unfair that should prevent this.
also don't know anything about the case so sorry if they are in fact not terminal, thats just what comes to my mind when I think flesh eating disease( or is it bacteria? )

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
so how many family do they have to see? you'd think transporting terminally ill people would cover a few normal tickets?
in this day and age though common sense seems to refer to doing ass backwards stupid shit though so its perfectly logical?

[sorry for my language]

edit:I would bet there is actually a law or two being unenforced or deemed unfair that should prevent this.
also don't know anything about the case so sorry if they are in fact not terminal, thats just what comes to my mind when I think flesh eating disease( or is it bacteria? )

It's a virus that basically shuts down your organs and spews blood from open areas.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
ohh! I thought it did something like the krokodile, not that that probably doesn't shut down organs too.
if it is transmitable by contact who's idea was this! population control?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Stupid as fuck.

I wonder what could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

This is the only rational answer.

Though we don't govern ourselves by ration anymore, it seems.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I think maybe flying their families out to Africa would've made more sense. The risk of bringing the Ebola virus here is not worth it IMO.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's a not a good idea. The chance of transmission is low, but it's not worth the risk.

If there was an epidemic, the survival rate would probably be higher here.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I hate to sound like the biggest motherfucking asshole, but I hope that plane never makes it back...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
this is how every movie on this subject starts.

/me preps his looting gloves.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I think it's a great idea. Hit them with a flame thrower when their feet touch American soil.

Neo Ash

I hate to sound like the biggest motherfucking asshole, but I hope that plane never makes it back...

You're not. I have had similar thoughts. We may all wish that motherfucker had crashed into the ocean if this shit gets out.

And before some smartass comes along and says....we've had Ebola in the US for decades. I'm well aware of the fact that the CDC has Ebola in storage. However, the difference between the virus in a locked down secure storage area and a living infected host are two totally different things. I'm also aware that the CDC has had recent security issues. I also have zero confidence in Emory's ability to not fuck this up.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
You're not. I have had similar thoughts. We may all wish that motherfucker had crashed into the ocean if this shit gets out.

And before some smartass comes along and says....we've had Ebola in the US for decades. I'm well aware of the fact that the CDC has Ebola in storage. However, the difference between the virus in a locked down secure storage area and a living infected host are two totally different things. I'm also aware that the CDC has had recent security issues. I also have zero confidence in Emory's ability to not fuck this up.

my immediate thought:

Neo Ash

Here's some facts about Atlanta that could be really help Ebola fuck up the USA.

Since 1998, Hartsfield-Jackson has been the busiest passenger airport in the world.
Since 2005, Hartsfield-Jackson has been the busiest operations airport in the world.
Hartsfield-Jackson serves 150 U.S. destinations and more than 75 international destinations in 50 countries.
Hartsfield-Jackson averages more than 250,000 passengers a day.
On average, there are almost 2,500 arrivals and departures daily.
Atlanta is within a two-hour flight of 80 percent of the United States population.

Metro Atlanta’s population reached nearly 4.2 million in fiscal 2012.

By U.S. Census Bureau standards, the population of the Atlanta region spreads across a metropolitan area of 8,376 square miles (21,694 km2) – a land area comparable to that of Massachusetts.[4] Because Georgia contains more counties than any other state except Texas (explained in part by the now-defunct county-unit system of weighing votes in primary elections),[5] area residents live under a heavily decentralized collection of governments. As of the 2000 census, fewer than one in ten residents of the metropolitan area lived inside Atlanta city limits.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Here's some facts about Atlanta that could be really help Ebola fuck up the USA.

Sounds like the beginning of the Resident Evil CG movie from a couple of years ago. Shit breaks out in an airport.

barrow

n00b
I was in middle school when the Ebola outbreak in 1995 happened. I feel like we spent the entire school year in science class watching television specials on it, etc. Because of how big a deal it seemed through that lens I was CONVINCED that it would spread throughout the world.

Looking at it now though, that outbreak only accounted for 250 deaths, the current outbreak is larger. I swear though, in 1995 it felt like this massive epidemic to that needed to be feared.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
My compassion is greatly outweighed by the risk potential of this spreading in the US.
That bringing the infected here is even a possibility, kind of bewilders me.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Just relax, what's the worst that could happen?