Thoughts on Omega Entertainment Machine MVS.

The Omega Scart cable from Arcade Works : is it Euro scart or Japan scart ? ( asking because if I go the Omega route I would the want the scart cable that works with the framemeister ) - Thanks!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The Omega Scart cable from Arcade Works : is it Euro scart or Japan scart ? ( asking because if I go the Omega route I would the want the scart cable that works with the framemeister ) - Thanks!

It's Euro. You can either re-wire your SCART cables or just pick up a Euro->Framemeister cable which is what I did. That way you never have to worry about rewiring future cables you may buy and you can use either type.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

The scart cable is euro scart. Japan scart is a misnomer because the connectors are the same but have a different pin out. The Japanese variant is supposed to be referred to as JP21 or Japan RGB.

also on the Omega : is the S-video / composite signal coming off a special video encoder ( JROK / Neobitz etc ) or is it just basically the "stock" signal more or less ? ( I'm sure the component and scart looks far better of course but I was curious)

Thanks & sorry so many questions lol!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
also on the Omega : is the S-video / composite signal coming off a special video encoder ( JROK / Neobitz etc ) or is it just basically the "stock" signal more or less ? ( I'm sure the component and scart looks far better of course but I was curious)

Thanks & sorry so many questions lol!

Composite and s-video come off an encoder. The mvs board only outputs rgb so any other signal originates from that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There are more CMVS designs out there other than the Omega and AI and those options offer more flexibility in pricing since you don't pay for what you don't need. You can also add a memory card slot as well as other things. It really pisses me off seeing threads like this here and also a permanent sales thread for the Omega in NEO selling. It's completely unfair to other CMVS makers. I've kept my silence about it for years hoping a mod would step up and do the right thing and move it to off-site commerce. The fact that the thread remains in Neo selling makes the moderation here a joke when it comes to being fair. It's common sense. People ask me why I don't post a sales thread, it's because of exactly that. People are always going to be drawn toward a huge thread with a million replies.

Get it done. No CMVS maker should have a permanent sales thread in NEO Selling.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
There are more CMVS designs out there other than the Omega and AI and those options offer more flexibility in pricing since you don't pay for what you don't need. You can also add a memory card slot as well as other things. It really pisses me off seeing threads like this here and also a permanent sales thread for the Omega in NEO selling. It's completely unfair to other CMVS makers. I've kept my silence about it for years hoping a mod would step up and do the right thing and move it to off-site commerce. The fact that the thread remains in Neo selling makes the moderation here a joke when it comes to being fair. It's common sense. People ask me why I don't post a sales thread, it's because of exactly that. People are always going to be drawn toward a huge thread with a million replies.

Get it done. No CMVS maker should have a permanent sales thread in NEO Selling.

but...to be fair: you cant blame ppl for doing a good job. google "consolized mvs", compare the websites etc. and reading the comments in this board, like "james built me a total awesome cmvs", i always thought you only built cmvs for specific ppl.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The deed is done. I had it moved to off-site commerce.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
but...to be fair: you cant blame ppl for doing a good job. google "consolized mvs", compare the websites etc. and reading the comments in this board, like "james built me a total awesome cmvs", i always thought you only built cmvs for specific ppl.

It's not that. It's because the thread was made in 2012 and was still in there and the problem is mostly that since it's also a discussion thread that it's constantly bumped daily. so when someone is looking for a CMVS and goes to Neo selling like everyone does, it is always the first thread they see. So any other CMVS threads are just burried because they aren't bumped constantly.

It's nothing to do with the quality of the Omega, it is a good product. Just more about the fairness of it all. Also just in case people might think I hate Quan from that post, I don't. I just want it to be a level playing field for ALL people selling a CVMS unit.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm glad this ended amicably. James and Quan are both extremely talented individuals and would recommend them both. Both you guys add a lot to the community along with Turf, Lemony, Chris and all the other guys. I'm glad you're all here and could not be happier with the dealings We've had. Support our Neo Community!!!! Buy local bitches!!

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Let's rumble!

/me bashes a beer bottle over Quan's head

Im currently researching the CMVS models from JammaNationX & the Omega and I think they both seem like great products honestly : theres things that I really like about both. To me they are top 2 brands ( in no particular order ) The AI is just too overpriced for me and i don't personally don't care for a wood game console ( no offense to anyone ). I have a Japanese AES but I'm thinking of switching to THE DARK SIDE ( MVS )....

Cheers!

So I started collecting a few MVS Games : picked up Sam Sho 2 & KOF 99 !! For the MVS games , if you have a CMVS with unibios , does it even matter if you get USA or JAPANESE carts ? Like are the US ones censored .... ( I know I can change the language ) . Just want to make sure I'm getting the best versions so if the Japanese carts are "superior" I will pick up those and change the language with the bios cheat.

Thanks!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
So I started collecting a few MVS Games : picked up Sam Sho 2 & KOF 99 !! For the MVS games , if you have a CMVS with unibios , does it even matter if you get USA or JAPANESE carts ? Like are the US ones censored .... ( I know I can change the language ) . Just want to make sure I'm getting the best versions so if the Japanese carts are "superior" I will pick up those and change the language with the bios cheat.

Thanks!

it does not matter what region game you use. it's all about the bios setting.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
it does not matter what region game you use. it's all about the bios setting.
that's true for Eng and Jpn - Korean carts have alterations/censorship though.

Ya, Ive been trying to avoid the Korean cartridges since I heard that somewhere else before... i'd like to get the "official" versions....thanks !

Seeing a lot of good MVS deals on EBAY from Cyprus......not sure if those are boots or something...... ( I hope not )