Thoughts on Omega Entertainment Machine MVS.

Moria/the man

New Challenger
Was thinking of buying one of the Omega Entertainment Machines so that I can have MVS games to play.

I see that it has a 60 warranty though. Does anyone have any opinion on this system or have heard any good bad reviews from people owning this system?

Your thoughts.

Moria:vik:

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
The Omega is top notch can't get any better, i have one and glad i finally got one and NEVER heard any bad reviews on it, you should get one you won't be disappointed.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The Omega is a well supported, well designed CMVS solution. And Quan is super active on the forum and always willing to help.

If you are serious about the Neo and MVS carts, it's a great purchase.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The Omega is a well supported, well designed CMVS solution. And Quan is super active on the forum and always willing to help.

this.

he backs up his machine personally.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone with anything negative to say about the Omega. I got one for myself for my birthday last year and couldn't be happier with it.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
this.

he backs up his machine personally.

And he's master of all UFO Catcher games. All plushies tremble at his presence.

The Omega is great and continues to thrive. There are no other options as far as I'm concerned.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I bought a kit from him (I already had the MV-1C board) and it works perfectly. My only complain was that the screws shipped for holding the board were a bit too small and they did not hold the board tight enough (IMHO) so I used another screws and everything has worked perfectly since. I have used it with composite and component video, both look great.

Regards.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
You won't be disappointed. Ωmega is in my opinion more of a console than an AES. You can have RGB, component, composite and s-video outputs out of the box. No jailbar effects on screen or noise out of the audio. Stereo sound. Very cool design, nice to look at it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yeah, yeah, that's great and all, but it isn't made of wood!

Moria/the man

New Challenger
Thanks for all your help guys! I was thinking MVS collection, I've noticed that some people get shock boxes with MVS inserts on for them. Any Ideas where people go about getting stuff like that?

Last edited:
I actually FINALLY scored a Japanese Neo Geo Aes !! I'm loving it it with Sam Sho 1 & 2 , FF Special and KOF 94 : but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the stock picture quality ( composite ). At this point I'm thinking of getting it modded for BIOS / S-VID / Component but by that point I will have put enough into the machine to justify the cost of the Omega CMVS . Im wondering how good the stock image quality is on it ( Omega ). There is a video on his site but its hard to tell...... Still though the AES sure does look nice on my table and the games & boxes ( all in very nice shape ) and it is a blast to play !! I won't be able to play Metal Slug though LOL $$$$$$$$$$

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Buy an Omega looks great w component and RGB. Unless you'd rather stare at your AES and games that is.

Cool, do they give you a component cable and PSU with the unit ? Also does it have a memory card function ? ( didn't see a slot )... have to admit its looking pretty slick considering the AES was 300 ( with a few games ) and the Mod would be around 200 $ probably so at that point it would be the around
same price

Thanks!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

+1

Word, maybe one day i'll sell the AES and use the $ to jump over to the Omega / MVS platform ( cheaper for the best games anyways! ). In the meantime i might start grabbing a few MVS carts on the cheap here or there....

Thanks!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Cool, do they give you a component cable and PSU with the unit ? Also does it have a memory card function ? ( didn't see a slot )... have to admit its looking pretty slick considering the AES was 300 ( with a few games ) and the Mod would be around 200 $ probably so at that point it would be the around
same price

Thanks!

Component cables are extra. The psu is internal and a standard pc power cable for the hook up is included. It has a memory card function by way of the VMC, an internal hardwired memory card (i.e. no physical card or card slot). It comes with the model that is priced at $529 while the $499 model is the same sans VMC.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I was looking Omega as an option lately but this video made me little confused;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6f5ECiP4c

Can you be more specific on what has confused you? I wouldn't put much value in that guy's videos, he thinks the MVS cart's label determines if it plays in English or not. I've come across a couple of his other videos and he's a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I doubt you'll find anyone on here who has a bad thing to say about the Omega.