The work of the year! The NEO MASTER LIST (definitive version)

Gemant

Member,
I present you the NEO MASTER LIST after 4 months of hard work, the definitive full list of NEO GEO software.

The old Master List on neo-geo.com is obsolete and this new document replace it entirely. For the first time are included some unpublished informations.

The main differences comparing the old document available on neo-geo.com are:

01) MVS version distributor in japan;

02) MVS and AES differences (list at the end of document);

03) default difficult in MVS version and number of levels difficulty in dip switch;

04) japanese flyer / chirashi of the MVS game;

05) number of buttons active in the game;

06) AES version rental distribution;

07) SS 3D list (Sphero Symphony 3D stereophonic surround sounds);

08) MVS different set release;

09) Correct original game title;

10) Preliminary / beta title of the games;

11) Correct megabit counting with hex editor program (very big work!). After so many years, it is understood that the megabit count on the AES inserts, catalogues and flyers was in big part wrong;

12) Jingle type (musical opening of the neo geo game);

13) the correct 100 mega shock list (The membership in the 100 mega shock is determined by SNK, by means of the official advertising / chirashi. In my document you can see:

"B" = mention on the original AES box;
"D" = mention on the demonstration of the game;
"F" = mention on the original japanese flyer.

If 100 mega shock logo not appear in one or all these situations, the game is not 100 mega shock;

14) for the first time: the complete date of release of MVS version (AES and CD was already available in the web);

15) for the first time: the complete price list of the MVS version (AES and CD was already available in the web);

For any questions, I'm free.

The NEO MASTER LIST:

http://www.neogeoitaly.net/masterlist.asp

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
Thanks Xian, but because this document speak about the japanese version only (about all informations) I add only the original japanese flyer and not the US version.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Nice. Though, I wish it had region specific info...ie. what games came out where and on which format. Especially which games were Euro releases.

Jon

Gemant

Member,
Nice. Though, I wish it had region specific info...ie. what games came out where and on which format. Especially which games were Euro releases.

Jon

Is impossible speak in details about the euro / western releases.

No infos are available in any archive about the date of release MVS, AES, CD. The only informations know are the full dog tag list and the western / euro list of the games.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Kudos on a work well done!!! And it looks so pretty, too ;).

Here's the reference to your initial Thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...lavorazione)&p=3937951&viewfull=1#post3937951

I've been also waiting for your another masterpiece, the complete, contemporary and international Highscore World Record List. Can't wait to finally see the phenomenal GES Viewpoint score available to the public ;).

Again, great work here Gemant & thank you for sharing it!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its a nice list, some of the texts is hard to read because of the window width required and the texts do no wrap based to the window width, fixing that would be very helpfull. The differences in English would be nice also, I am sure you have a lot of information missing there btw.

Some games have three sets listed (like king of the monsters) but only 2 sets are out there I think. Where did information on other sets come from? I know a few games like this where there are versions that are not dumped. It looks like you are also counting bootlegs and hacks in the master list (KOF97 and 6 sets springs to mind there).

Only 2 MVS/AES official games do not show the NeoGeo spinning logo, nam1975 (megapower) and kof2003 (gigapower). Are you sure it is correct to list kof2003 a gigapwer game because of this?

Very nice work overall though.

Gemant

Member,
Yes, kof 2003 is out (no giga power game, I must fix).

Nam-1975 not have NEO GEO jingle in MVS version but in AES version there is.

About the question on different and multiple set, is difficult answer correctly. There are many and many different set made from SNK, only some of them are emulated, other are known, other are unknown. SNK not have a official list, so is difficult know the number of possible version existing.

For exemple I know 2 different versions of Raguy / Blue's Journey, in MAME there is 1 version only.

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Great list. I really like the layout and full MVS pricing info.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Nice list...

...I won't pretend to know much about it... It's a NERD thingy...

xROTx

PS. OK.. i've noticed it... whatcha want me to do about it?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
About the question on different and multiple set, is difficult answer correctly. There are many and many different set made from SNK, only some of them are emulated, other are known, other are unknown. SNK not have a official list, so is difficult know the number of possible version existing.

For exemple I know 2 different versions of Raguy / Blue's Journey, in MAME there is 1 version only.

Yes I know, there are many undumped versions of some games out there (especially early ones). Where did the idea of 6 kof97 sets come from however? I mean how did you confirm that, what are the checksums of these 6 sets? Are you saying SNK did 6 production runs of the game?

I'm just trying to understand how any why that is there if you could not 100% confirm it, and if it was confirmed can you provide more information on these six sets as I would like more information for the unibios.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nice work, why is Zupapa on there as both an official release and unreleased prototype?

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
Exist 2 different versions of Zupapa, 1 official and 1 prototype.

The first version is a prototype made in 1994 from Face with 46 Mbit. The second version is the official release made in 2001 from SNK with 146 Mbit.

madman

Exist 2 different versions of Zupapa, 1 official and 1 prototype.

The first version is a prototype made in 1994 from Face with 46 Mbit. The second version is the official release made in 2001 from SNK with 146 Mbit.

But don't all games have prototype versions that are, at some point, smaller than the official release? Or is the prototype entirely different?

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Only 2 MVS/AES official games do not show the NeoGeo spinning logo, nam1975 (megapower) and kof2003 (gigapower). Are you sure it is correct to list kof2003 a gigapwer game because of this?

AFAIR KOF98 also does not have the Neo Geo spinning logo / jingle startup.

Gemant

Member,
But don't all games have prototype versions that are, at some point, smaller than the official release? Or is the prototype entirely different?

All games have a proto version but then them are release in a final and official version from the developer. The case Zupapa is different, because in 1994 the project was frozen and Face has deleted the project. After 7 years SNK have recovered the original game, and changed almost all. In this case there are 2 different games complete and playable.

Gemant

Member,
Yes I know, there are many undumped versions of some games out there (especially early ones). Where did the idea of 6 kof97 sets come from however? I mean how did you confirm that, what are the checksums of these 6 sets? Are you saying SNK did 6 production runs of the game?

I'm just trying to understand how any why that is there if you could not 100% confirm it, and if it was confirmed can you provide more information on these six sets as I would like more information for the unibios.

I found in the web multiple images for each MVS cart with different romset. There are some sites with photos archive.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I found in the web multiple images for each MVS cart with different romset. There are some sites with photos archive.

I'm finding it difficult to see how there could be 6 different ROM combinations setups for kof97. How can you tell the information on the ROM is not identical from picture? Can you list them for me as I'm interested to see how SNK could do it. How I read the page the set information is related to different software revisions of the game and not different ways a cart can be made. That is very confusing.

madman

All games have a proto version but then them are release in a final and official version from the developer. The case Zupapa is different, because in 1994 the project was frozen and Face has deleted the project. After 7 years SNK have recovered the original game, and changed almost all. In this case there are 2 different games complete and playable.

Ah, I didn't know that, makes sense!