The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
gh3y 0ver. enjoy your wall

901858_643526179006877_635551834_o.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
They should have brought back T-Dawg for this picture.

Maybe put him back there where that dude is standing in the background.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
carl acted completely right.
'enemy soldier' coming at you. you tell him to drop his weapon. he advances and tries to hand it to you. tell him to drop his weapon again. he takes another step forward. you drop him.

You are fooling yourself.

The scene wasn't blocked to be morally ambiguous at all.

It was intended to flesh out Carl as a cold blooded mother fucker. Much like he is in the comics.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The mechanics of the story and the juxtapositions the narrative is establishing are at odds with your very real world view of this situation.

We get it bro --you hate Carl

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
We get it bro --you hate Carl

I like the character for the ironic storytelling rather than because I'm trying to consider his decisions in a spontaneous, real life context.

Well developed characters sometimes make bad moral decisions to heighten the tension and drama.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I like the character for the ironic storytelling rather than because I'm trying to consider his decisions in a spontaneous, real life context.

Well developed characters sometimes make bad moral decisions to heighten the tension and drama.

Calm down, man. I don't like Carl that much either

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
/me wonders when one-eyed Carl is going to show up

:spock:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Thought the last episode was weak compared to the rest of the series, although the governor losing it was a good ending for him, until we see him again I'm assuming.

What does Rick's accent sound like to American ears btw? I like him in it, but it always seems like a strange choice to cast a Brit in an American show, shot in America, a nation filled with actors?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It's a really strong southern drawl to my ear, but not cartoonishly so. It sounds authentic enough to me.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

If that's what they were trying to convey, they failed miserably. It did not look like a morally ambiguous situation at all. It looked like the cliched approach slowly, till you get close enough to disarm the guy pointing the gun at you and gain the upper hand. I was thinking "he's closing in shoot him! You're a kid, he's trying to take advantage of you!" Looked very obvious.

If they wanted to convey a mistake they should have written that scene better.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If that's what they were trying to convey, they failed miserably. It did not look like a morally ambiguous situation at all. It looked like the cliched approach slowly, till you get close enough to disarm the guy pointing the gun at you and gain the upper hand. I was thinking "he's closing in shoot him! You're a kid, he's trying to take advantage of you!" Looked very obvious.

If they wanted to convey a mistake they should have written that scene better.

I didn't get that feeling from that scene.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I still think Carl would have shot the kid even if he dropped the gun like he was told to.

Carl had that look in his eye the whole episode. He was out for blood

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I still think Carl would have shot the kid even if he dropped the gun like he was told to.

Carl had that look in his eye the whole episode. He was out for blood

He needs to prove to Beth that he's a man. He's a man who can protect her better than her last boyfriend did.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
yeah. You ever get a cop draw on you and you just freeze up, out of fear?

ibbby5GSp84hQV.gif

Not like that lol. That's like fleeing the scene of a of a bank robbery, running smack dab into an officer. The officer orders you to drop your weapon multiple times and yet you keep approaching slowly with the gun still pointed in the officers direction.

I've never been that scared stupid.