The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I kind of liked the beginning with the sign "Emily, we made for Stone Mountain". Good reminder of what people might do in a Zombie Apocalypse when all communication breaks down.

Though, it would have been cool if they went to Stone Mountain and found Jake the Snake.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
He would cut the most amazing promos on Rick and company.

And then when Merle starts hitting on his wife, they'll have a grand feud.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
they really need to spice things up in this show. like an entire episode of rick(dressed like a girl) sitting in hershel's lap(while hershel is wearing a bear costume-or similar) and the entire time rick just cries while hershel sits there motionless & occasionally smiles

Show's been painful to watch lately. They need to do something with dumb as hell Andrea.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I really enjoyed the last episode.

I get scavenge / raid was exactly what needed to happen. And I'm glad to see Michonne finally being accepted. She is a freakin' ninja!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
He would cut the most amazing promos on Rick and company.

And then when Merle starts hitting on his wife, they'll have a grand feud.

He will befriend Rick, then lead him into a tomb where he gets bit by a snake. Then repourpose the Scorpion/Frog fable into a Snake/Rabbit. Never trust a snake.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
loved the build up in last nights episode. Even after the meeting between Rick and the Governor, Rick thinks that the group can get off easy if they just give the Michonne and walk away. The exchanges between Herschel and Milton, and Darryl and Martinez showed the mirror between the groups. Martinez could have been a fan favorite if he got this attention early on in the season. I get the idea he will be killed off in the next to episodes though, when the groups wage war. Milton and Martinez are good people, who have been strayed so far from the path by the Governor's charisma and leadership. I thought the best part of the episode was when the Governor spoke about working for a manager half his age and intelligence, and his wife dying without him knowing what she wanted to talk to him about. It seemed so manipulative.

I don't want to see Merle die. Michael Rooker is the best actor on the show next to David Morrissey.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i just look forward to this gov'na b.s. being over with and on to negan next season

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've heard others say they thought this week's episode was far too boring without much action but I found it really tense and showed great dynamics between the two groups. I really do hope they do not drag it out another episode though, what's said has been said, there should be no more procrastinating - time to have it out.

I don't want to see Merle die. Michael Rooker is the best actor on the show.

Agreed, he owns every scene he's in. I had to laugh when he turned to Michonne and said, "you go all Shogun on the Governer".

And while it's not going to happen, I could care less if Andrea's character gets killed off. At first I felt they needed her because she is such an asset, fight-wise, but who cares now they've got the Black Ninja!

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
they've got the Black Ninja!

tumblr_m8sso5u93D1qd54oo.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
They should have just gone and cast Pam Grier as Michonne.

Better, double up and cast Fred Williamson as Tyrese.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
someone needs to to put andrea out of my misery. i had enough of that bitch.

They should have just gone and cast Pam Grier as Michonne.

Better, double up and cast Fred Williamson as Tyrese.

I wish they would make a sequel to "I'm gonna git you, sucka"

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If Rick were like this in every episode, I'd have no issue with how they're handling the character.

LOVED the scene with him and Herschel at the end.

I am also glad he saw through the Governor's bullshit, and I completely understand why the character had to leave out the part about trading Michonne. If Rick tells them about the Governor's proposal, then half the group (if not more) would be happy to send her off, and after what she's done for the group that would not be fair. Also, where does it stop? What if somebody else pisses off the Governor? Do they give that person up next? Then one at a time, the Governor whittles them away. It's no different from a straight surrender. There is no 'agreement' between them because you can't hold the Governor to his end of the bargain. Rick saw through it all and I am so glad he found his brain.

Andrea's in a tough spot right now. After all the times the Governor's frozen her out of knowledge and meetings, she should clearly be able to see the writing on the wall. But for Andrea, it's not so simple. It's not like she really spent all that much time with Rick's crew. She spent more time with Michonne than she did with any of them, given the passage of time between seasons two and three. Also, in her head, Woodbury represents the best return to civilization. Electricity, hot water, community, jobs, order and structure. It would be hard to walk away from it a second time just to live with nice people out in the sticks. Some people just don't want to go back to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle after getting away from it.

I got no problems with Andrea as a character right now. She's well written for the most part.

I am afraid that Merle is going to be this show's version of Sawyer from LOST. He'll become really popular and they'll start overexposing him. Shows need to realize that less is more with characters like this. Let him be the guy making all the noise and bringing all the fire. That's his role. Let him stick with it. In fact, I'd almost rather they killed him before they ruin him.

And please, please, please. No Negan just yet. Going from one ruthless warlord to another would just be redundant. I'm more looking forward to the prison battle and the aftermath. The entire next season should focus on the aftermath of the prison battle, IMO.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Next season could lead into Neagan, but only tease the coming conflict.

There is plenty of shit that happens (or could happen) on the road.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I think for the show's health, they should put more than one season between the Governor and Negan. Otherwise, people will be drawing too many parallels.

It was nearly fifty issues in the comic before Negan started threatening the group's stability and security, and even after four+ years, people were saying 'It's Governor Part II!'

If the show is smart, they'll wait a long time before we ever see Negan, and I think they need to spend a few seasons of the characters truly evolving and surviving and finding ways to find their own security and stability. You need to build them up and make them feel a little safe before tearing it all down all over again.

I think the comic took TOO long to threaten the characters again after the prison battle, but at the same time I appreciate seeing the characters figure the world out and find a way to grow and get stronger in this new existence. So for me, there was good and bad in the build up to Negan.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, thew will probably hit the road, have beth go missing and blow 6 episodes trying to find her. All until they have to fire the head creative.

But seriously, they have already poached a bunch of stuff (esp dialog) from the later comics.

Worst was when they took a speech of Rick's at Alexandria, and gave it to Andrea at Woodbury.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Poaching from the comic's not really a big deal. They don't HAVE to do everything in the same order or through the same characters.

But I still think bringing in Negan in the next two years is just going to feel like a retread of Woodbury so close to it. The Governer arc's been all right, but they need to change it up and give us another side of this world and how the characters react to it once this prison business is done.

I'm hoping they spend some time on Carl having to take care of Rick on the road. I really liked those issues. That was, for me, when Carl truly became a character in the comic. In the show, I like Carl a lot but there needs to be more picture hunting type scenarios that showcase the character's layers. The stone faced badassery is okay with me, but he really only becomes a character when he's driven to do things, rather than just existing. I'd love to see Carl and Rick isolated from everyone else for a while so that they can focus on the relationship more. It's sorely needed, and is likely Rick's path back to complete redemption after the end of season two.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im just glad the new 2013 hyundais are out. they are going to need the extra options and horsepower for the upcoming battle.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
im just glad the new 2013 hyundais are out. they are going to need the extra options and horsepower for the upcoming battle.

And all that roomy cabin space along with an unbeatable 100,000 mile warranty, I'm sure there are some great leasing/financing options available at your local Hyundai dealership.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Poaching from the comic's not really a big deal. They don't HAVE to do everything in the same order or through the same characters..

Not saying that it is a big deal. Just that they are burning through the source material a bit quickly.

I also didn't like that they took some of Comic Book Rick's better lines and wasted on stupid ass TV Andrea.

I'd love to see Carl and Rick isolated from everyone else for a while so that they can focus on the relationship more. It's sorely needed, and is likely Rick's path back to complete redemption after the end of season two.

\I hope a pair of twins (or young siblings) show up and they run the angle where Carl Blows one away.

That I want to see Tyrese's "Sister" and the geeky white guy run the suicide pact angle from the comic. That would be choice television.

Last edited:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
OK I hope im not spoiling anything but something in the latest episode just struck me as wrong. There was an interaction between Merle and Carol where Merle said she had changed and wasnt as weak as she was at the camp. Now correct me if im wrong but I dont ever remember Merle meeting her UNTIL he came to the prison. So what gives?

O.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
OK I hope im not spoiling anything but something in the latest episode just struck me as wrong. There was an interaction between Merle and Carol where Merle said she had changed and wasnt as weak as she was at the camp. Now correct me if im wrong but I dont ever remember Merle meeting her UNTIL he came to the prison. So what gives?

O.

Merle was part of the camp. He just happened to be one of the group that went into the city for supplies(and ended up getting "stuck" on the roof).