The OFFICIAL Neo-Geo.com WARHAWK thread.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
kernow said:
??

my friend was playing as obesus, and noticed that someone was flying in a plane, as 'obesus' :spock: there were two on the same server.

hmmmm

I had that too with my username, I'm sure its a bug.

BIG

sony fanboy
alright fellas, just got back from picking up my triple and a copy of warhawk!

PSN: b1gglez

add me mofos!

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
nice - I'll add you later

my USB headset just arrived too, fuck the bluetooth one, I guess I'll have to sell it as its a little too late to take it back to the store now :emb:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Im finally getting to the point where I can make a decent contribution to my team.

Love the hawk but I still suck in it :-(

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yeah, I suck in it too pretty much , I'm a ground man :emb:

we gonna get some private, passworded matches going sometime or wha?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wired headset is so much better ah

all headsets are uncomfortable and shite though but hey

need to play some \\o

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
kernow said:
yeah, I suck in it too pretty much , I'm a ground man :emb:

we gonna get some private, passworded matches going sometime or wha?

I'm still getting settled in, but in the next few days I should be able to host some matches. I was able to do 8 players on the old 7Mb cable, now that I have 15Mb I'm hoping we can do 16 players. Does anyone know if you can reserve slots for friends? That way we could have reserved slots for NG.com folks and still fill up the server.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
mm , dont think so

I found splitscreen mode the other day though

you can use it in LAN or server mode, so you could have people playing at home with you, online

I wonder if you enable it on the server, it lets me play online split screen too? hmm

I have a couple people I could play with locally but I guess the lag would suck ass.

I might be up for some tonight

BIG

sony fanboy
i'm on now....will be on for a bit before i hit the haystack.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
kernow said:
mm , dont think so

I found splitscreen mode the other day though

you can use it in LAN or server mode, so you could have people playing at home with you, online

I wonder if you enable it on the server, it lets me play online split screen too? hmm

I have a couple people I could play with locally but I guess the lag would suck ass.

I might be up for some tonight

I have played online and off via split screen and it works really well.

Taking people online with you via split screen is more common on the 360 as a number of games offer this feature. It was nice to see this in a PS3 game since I usually play multi-player games at home. It is nice to be able to go online via split screen with the same people.

I will probably play some more of this when I get tired of the COD 4 Beta. (So I guess in a few weeks when the Beta ends):D

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I am enjoying the game but I can't stand the ground combat. I only play in Dogfight games. I am still pretty lousy at it though:(

I rush in too much. I am usually near the top of my team for kills but always at the top of deaths. Some people seem really good at getting away from missiles but no matter how much i twist and roll away I always seem to get slammed.

hanafuda

Neco_Coneco said:
I am enjoying the game but I can't stand the ground combat. I only play in Dogfight games. I am still pretty lousy at it though:(

I rush in too much. I am usually near the top of my team for kills but always at the top of deaths. Some people seem really good at getting away from missiles but no matter how much i twist and roll away I always seem to get slammed.

A decent tactic is to grab the white icon chaff bomb things, then let an enemy launch an attack on you and deflect the missiles. There is a good chance they will have just blown the majoritiy of their missile stock, which should then leave you with the advantage. Of course, it helps if you are the better pilot too :-)

I'm slowly getting better with the hawk myself, and somehow managed to hold my own in a dogfight only battle last night.

How can you tell if a server is a ranked server or not???

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I just ran 50 feet of CAT-5 cable, so now I can connect my triple without using my shitty wi-fi connection. Look for me online again this weekend. I'm going to try hosting a game and see how many players I can run.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
GD said:
I just ran 50 feet of CAT-5 cable, so now I can connect my triple without using my shitty wi-fi connection. Look for me online again this weekend. I'm going to try hosting a game and see how many players I can run.

Funny you said that, I am using 50 feet as well, so that I can play on my top floor. I use it for the 360, PS3 and Wii and it is just enough to get to the modem.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ok whos up for playing? and setting up a server ? :emb:

I guess I could do it , but I don't know how it'll fare.

cmon lets play! \\o

BIG

sony fanboy
i played a game with kern for a little bit...lol

good times.

we def got to set up a password-only game.....

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
my lags a bit high , I got 355 on hanafudas server and about 200 on that one with you just now .. oh and

[02:44 AM] kernow: i tried to run over BIG in a jeep but missed and plouged into a wall, then got out and machine gunned him down \\o
[02:44 AM] RocketLawnChair: kern: haha nice

:emb:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
If my WoW group splits in the next 30 minutes I will try hosting. :emb:

hanafuda

this is a great game.

just been playing with kern. gunned him down once :~) sorry pal.

weapon and vehicle variety is v good and balance seems good so far.

when i am on ill probably be hosting. look out for server called hanafuda.

up for a private game if it is organised properly with enough players

BIG

sony fanboy
kernow said:
[02:44 AM] kernow: i tried to run over BIG in a jeep but missed and plouged into a wall, then got out and machine gunned him down \\o
[02:44 AM] RocketLawnChair: kern: haha nice

:crying:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
a small private 4vs4 game with password would be awesome

the ping even at 300 seems ok really, well to me, everyone else probably notices me hopping around like a retard though :emb:

and BIG , I think you owned me more times than I did you.

I was cleaning up on one level with the sniper rifle though, to the point where I was picking them off as they came out of the base, they put more snipers up in the end so that I couldn't stay there anymore :emb: lol camping

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
kernow said:
a small private 4vs4 game with password would be awesome

the ping even at 300 seems ok really, well to me, everyone else probably notices me hopping around like a retard though :emb:

and BIG , I think you owned me more times than I did you.

I was cleaning up on one level with the sniper rifle though, to the point where I was picking them off as they came out of the base, they put more snipers up in the end so that I couldn't stay there anymore :emb: lol camping

Ever snipe a hovering Warhawk? I think it takes 3 shots if they are at full health. I don't really get that, but it's still fun.