The OFFICIAL Neo-Geo.com WARHAWK thread.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Roll call!

It ships this Tuesday, and will be available on the PSN store on the same day no doubt. I went with a retail copy as it was a good excuse to get a bluetooth headset. The writeups I've been reading have been positive so far..

Anyone else planning on partaking?

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I will definately be buying this. I hope it has the release date all over the world.

I hope everyone has head sets! I want to chat with a few neo peoples and shoot someone!

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
The Jabra headset included with the retail package actually has some decent reviews. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes, though I'm not impressed with the connection reliability of the controllers at this point. Sometimes the link drops at the worst freaking time..

So I'll see how this headset works, if it becomes a problem I'll switch to a USB headset.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
GD said:
Roll call!

It ships this Tuesday, and will be available on the PSN store on the same day no doubt. I went with a retail copy as it was a good excuse to get a bluetooth headset. The writeups I've been reading have been positive so far..

Anyone else planning on partaking?

I also went with the retail copy, so as soon as it is available for pick up, I will be playing this. I am also picking up Metroid Prime 3 this week, so I will split my time between the two.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I might just buy a US warhawk off the PSN :emb:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
kernow said:
I might just buy a US warhawk off the PSN :emb:

I can't imagine what the lag would be like for you playing from the UK, but hopefully we'll see you on. Then again, I played Gears and Ghost Recon with some people hosting from England and had fairly low latency so it might not be that bad..

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Yeah, I'll be picking this up.

Not sure whether it will be download or the package though. Maybe the latter for the headset.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Apparently the US download begins at 12:01AM, for those of you interested in the digital version.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
can the DL be shared?

From what I read, it will only work on the original system it was down loaded to.

I am surprised that the down load is available but the retail game won't be in most stores until Wednesday. I would have thought that they would have released both at about the same time.

Maybe this also depends on the store and where you live in the USA?

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Anyone downloading/downloaded this yet? How big is the download? I heard 7GB!

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Superfamifreak said:
Anyone downloading/downloaded this yet? How big is the download? I heard 7GB!

I am buying the retail version. I have read that the down load is only 800 MB.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
The Japanese copy is coming out in October.. goddamnit.

If this is awesome and region-free I might have to bite the bullet and import it, it may be REALLY expensive though...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:

If this is awesome and region-free I might have to bite the bullet and import it, it may be REALLY expensive though...

dude, just make a US account and use that to download and play it , you might need a US card and address, but thats not hard.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:

If you want, I will get a retail copy for you at $59.99 plus tax and send it to you if you cover the total plus actual shipping. It would end up being like $75 total though, so you would have to decide if it was worth it or not..

BTW, if anyone was wondering, game sharing is nixed on this one: LINK

hanafuda

RBjakeSpecial said:

I'm in the same boat.

You may want to take up GD's kind offer, but another option is Play Asia. 7,620 Yen with free shipping to Japan. Sure, that's more than the official JPN release is going to be, but it isn't a bad price.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-jp-70-1vfw.html

Anyone recommend them? Never used them before but I think I'll be doing the same for Heavenly Sword and Lair too.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Anyone recommend them? Never used them before but I think I'll be doing the same for Heavenly Sword and Lair too.

Been using them for a while now for PS2 stuff and never had a problem. Stuff always arrives quickly, so would definitely recommend them.

Would use them more if they shipped PS3 stuff to the UK.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
I'm in the same boat.

You may want to take up GD's kind offer, but another option is Play Asia. 7,620 Yen with free shipping to Japan. Sure, that's more than the official JPN release is going to be, but it isn't a bad price.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-jp-70-1vfw.html

Play-Asia is fantastic. I have been using them for years and have never had a problem. They always ship out my orders within 24 hours and their customer service is excellent.

I don't import as much anymore but I still use them a few times a year.

hanafuda

Thanks guys, I'm going to go for the retail version then I think and snag a headset too.

By the way, for what it's worth, IGN's review of this is very positive.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/816/816472p1.html

'Closing Comments

It may be multiplayer only, it may not have bots, and it may have a steep learning curve, but Warhawk lives up to its billing: a AAA experience that is an adrenaline rush for online fans. Large worlds, balanced combat mechanics and impressively deep server mechanics help this fast paced game soar. Regardless if you happen to prefer the retail version or the downloadable PSN title, this Sony exclusive shouldn't pass PS3 owners by.'.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Thanks guys, I'm going to go for the retail version then I think and snag a headset too.

'Closing Comments

It may be multiplayer only, it may not have bots, and it may have a steep learning curve, but Warhawk lives up to its billing: a AAA experience that is an adrenaline rush for online fans. Large worlds, balanced combat mechanics and impressively deep server mechanics help this fast paced game soar. Regardless if you happen to prefer the retail version or the downloadable PSN title, this Sony exclusive shouldn't pass PS3 owners by.'.

You saved me the trouble of posting the review.

They docked it a little for no single player experience, which is fair I think. Most reviewers docked Shadowrun for the same reason, but Shadowrun was $59.99, not $39.99 so it kind of evens out. The people I talked to who played beta had nothing but positive things to say about it, so I think it's well worth the money.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:

'Closing Comments

I just read the review, it sounds like a blast. I will getting the retail version tomorrow. I thought about down loading it but I wanted the head set. (I also like having an actual copy of the game as well)

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I just read the review, it sounds like a blast. I will getting the retail version tomorrow. I thought about down loading it but I wanted the head set. (I also like having an actual copy of the game as well)

I've been tempted to download it as well, ever since I got home from work. I'm staying strong though, I always go for a hard copy when I can get it..

hanafuda

Just ordered my copy from Play Asia!

See you guys online..