The official Legendary Pictures GODZILLA 3D reboot thread (5.16.14)

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
So it was my nephew's 8th birthday, and I got this for him:
6E9lY6M.jpg

I got him into Godzilla a few months ago, and his reaction when he opened his present was greater than I expected. Looks like he and his parents will be seeing Godzilla on the 16th.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
So it was my nephew's 8th birthday, and I got this for him:
View attachment 13590

I got him into Godzilla a few months ago, and his reaction when he opened his present was greater than I expected. Looks like he and his parents will be seeing Godzilla on the 16th.

That thing's pretty badass!!! It would look tits next to my Jurassic Park T-Rex and big-azz Optimus Prime.

Castor Troy

That thing's pretty badass!!! It would look tits next to my Jurassic Park T-Rex and big-azz Optimus Prime.

Check your local Toys R Us. Went to several in my area and they were all sold out. I ended up buying it at Amazon, but the s&h fee was a bit out there.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Castor, I've been meaning to ask you this.

What the hell is your avatar from? Who is that supposed to be?

Castor Troy

Castor, I've been meaning to ask you this.

What the hell is your avatar from? Who is that supposed to be?

1310429820535.jpg

+

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Steve

The Wonder Years,

That's sick! Where is that from?

Well, the earliest Godzilla reviews have been released. It was screened to 100 "elite members" yesterday and Nerdist came out and said, "Reviews are embargoed until the 11th, but I can say now this is the Godzilla film we've all been waiting for. The 1998 disgrace has been completely erased."

Other comments include there isn't a lot of Godzilla. Edwards definitely took a Jaws approach where the tension is built, and the monster isn't shoved down your throat. This will divide fans, but most seem to love it so far.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Umm what movie is the Kraken from?

Damn, Clover is rather small.

Edit: Didn't know they remade Clash of the Titans.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Another Featurette

"We shot it in 2D..."

All I needed to hear to disregard the 3D version completely. I understand he has to shill for the 3D version. But if it wasn't shot 3D, that removes whatever microscopic sliver of interest I might have had in watching it 3D.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
So the premiere took place on the 9th, and early reviews are mostly positive, with thumbs of approval by folks like Seth Green (FWIW), Joe Dante (he called it the best Godzilla since 1954's Gojira) and a host of others who attended the premiere.

this tweet nailed it for me though:

@EricVespe
Best moment at the after party: seeing the Toho guys tearfully tell Thomas Tull that he perfectly captured the Godzilla of their childhoods.
https://twitter.com/kristapley/status/464639406935396352

so can't wait until thursday. this movie is gonna restore Godzilla to his former glory, and create a franchise monster in the modern day way of Hunger Games or Marvel's super hero flicks. fucking exciting times to be a G-Fan

Last edited:

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Not exactly Godzilla-related but here's a clip of Cranston's appearance on the Jimmy Fallon show a couple nights ago.

alright, here's more Godzilla-related media

and new clip from the film:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It sucks that the movie wasn't originally shot in 3D but I'm still going to the IMAX theater and hopefully get the free poster to go along with the Pacific Rim one I got. It's going to be the first time for me seeing the Big G in a theater. For some reason I didn't see 2000 when it came out and once I heard the word of mouth I skipped 'Zilla. (If it turns out to be really good I'm going to end up seeing it again in two weeks when I go up to the Weirs Beach NH Drive-In)

I will say that 'Zilla had the all time best advertising for a movie. New York City was plastered from head to toe with everything 'Zilla. The bus signs said his foot was longer then the bus and they even went as far as getting three billboards in a row that said he's longer then these three billboards combined. The billboard posters for the new flick are just the same that they use for the movie poster, nothing special.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I watched Pacific Rim last night to prepare for this movie. Very disappointed I didn't to see pacific rim in the theater.

Also bought a Godzilla action figure to decorate my office. It's literally the first decoration I've put in my office. It's pretty bland right now.

Can't wait to see this.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Rottentomatoes meter stands at 89% as of this post.

Should be a tandy movie then.