the neo store

• Thread starter DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
  • Start date

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This isnt about gaming anymore, its a stock market 2.........

------------------
32638253.jpg

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">? $1000 my ass. That's about one semester tuition fees for 9 credit hours in college.

Heh, 1k would just barely cover 3 credit hours at my school. Interestingly enough, however, my univ. is switching to a flat-rate tuition model next semester. Oh, wait, I'm veering WAY off topic...
biggrin.gif

S

Silent_Scope

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DolphinLord:
Heh, 1k would just barely cover 3 credit hours at my school. Interestingly enough, however, my univ. is switching to a flat-rate tuition model next semester. Oh, wait, I'm veering WAY off topic...
biggrin.gif

Are you going to UTA or TCU?

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll

K

kyoisthekof

Silent Scope is banned? Cuz it seems like he's still posting.

S

Silent_Scope

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
Silent Scope is banned? Cuz it seems like he's still posting.
when I tried to posts on three different topics I got something saying I can't post or so and which make me wonder if I got banned by saying something........

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

K

kyoisthekof

Oh... lol... Is the guy that made all those posts about you being banned ever going to feel like a moron... hehe That's so funny. I'm not laughing at him, I'm laughing WITH him. LAUGH!

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Are you going to UTA or TCU?

I'm a third-year student at TCU, where I'm working towards a BS in the dark arts of Biology and minoring in Japanese linguistics/cultural studies studies. Now, enough of this off-topic prattle. Let's get back to the regularly scheduled NG.com shit-flinging contest!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
This whole thread is somewhat rediculous. Even Dion himself admitted he was responsible for all price increases in that bullshit plastered 'interview' he did with the Eventgaming.com guy.

Regardless of Shawn's financial situation outside of the Neo Store, keep in mind that the Neo Store is a Neo STORE. Profit has to be made off of goods sold on it in order to facilitate purchasing new cartridges, CDs etc.

Granted, the current prices for some Neo Geo games are rediculously high, but they are warranted for some of the games because they are THAT rare and people want them THAT badly.

If Shawn's prices disgust you so much then mass distribute Neo Geo roms, buy multiple copies of every non homecart port ever made of any SNK game and wait a few months. But don't think that Shawn can just start giving games away and the rest of the Neo-vendors on the planet will follow his command.

DSD: You may want to sell your extra Garou copy at an inflated price before the Dreamcast port is released.

E

eldios10

Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
Even Dion himself admitted he was responsible for all price increases in that bullshit plastered 'interview' he did with the Eventgaming.com guy.

I bet Dion is proud of that! I tell you what, I've been reading these posts for a bit now and it seems like the entire neo community is like oppressed people trying to overthrown an evil tyrant(Dion). I just think its truly amazing that one person (Dion) can change so much of the neo geo world. Ahh if only SNK of Japan knew....if only SNK of Japan cared. If Dion truly is the bane of the western Neo Geo world, then just don't buy from him. Obviously he only cares about making money. So if you just don't buy from him, he will eventually lose his incentive and leave. I must admit though, his collection is large enough to feed a small country for months....kinda gross if you ask me.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eldios10:
Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
Even Dion himself admitted he was responsible for all price increases in that bullshit plastered 'interview' he did with the Eventgaming.com guy.

I bet Dion is proud of that! I tell you what, I've been reading these posts for a bit now and it seems like the entire neo community is like oppressed people trying to overthrown an evil tyrant(Dion). I just think its truly amazing that one person (Dion) can change so much of the neo geo world. Ahh if only SNK of Japan knew....if only SNK of Japan cared. If Dion truly is the bane of the western Neo Geo world, then just don't buy from him. Obviously he only cares about making money. So if you just don't buy from him, he will eventually lose his incentive and leave. I must admit though, his collection is large enough to feed a small country for months....kinda gross if you ask me.

Very true,the problem with people like him is they just dont go away, they bleed the market dry.

C

Caris Nautilus

That's right, Look at the KOF 99 and KOF 98 homecarts, dirt cheap now, under 200 each.

Garou should drop alot when the perfect DC port hits.

Bottom line is shawns store is VERY over priced, he fits the description of the typical import store price jacking everything, like the ones here that still charge 80 bucks a pop for used SFC games, and have had the same shit sitting on their shelves for the past 3 years!

Don't buy from shawn, I won't, if no one does he will have to lower his prices, it's thats simple, but if people continue to pay shawns jacked up prices, there is no way in hell he's gonna lower them.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
This whole thread is somewhat rediculous. Even Dion himself admitted he was responsible for all price increases in that bullshit plastered 'interview' he did with the Eventgaming.com guy.

Regardless of Shawn's financial situation outside of the Neo Store, keep in mind that the Neo Store is a Neo STORE. Profit has to be made off of goods sold on it in order to facilitate purchasing new cartridges, CDs etc.

Granted, the current prices for some Neo Geo games are rediculously high, but they are warranted for some of the games because they are THAT rare and people want them THAT badly.

If Shawn's prices disgust you so much then mass distribute Neo Geo roms, buy multiple copies of every non homecart port ever made of any SNK game and wait a few months. But don't think that Shawn can just start giving games away and the rest of the Neo-vendors on the planet will follow his command.

DSD: You may want to sell your extra Garou copy at an inflated price before the Dreamcast port is released.

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited April 24, 2001).]

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Everyone, including us, is entitled to make a profit on what we sell. I don't think the prices are way out of line; I think they reflect the current market. I recently sold my collection to Shawn (see the "coming soon" section of the store: it's the 51 item shipment) well knowing it's current value. And I STILL made a profit, as will Shawn with a reasonable markup. If I had sold the collection piece by piece, I probably could have made another $1,500-2,000 easily. But who has the time to deal with all the BS? So what if he sells it with that in mind? That's retail: you are SUPPOSED to make money, not lose it (unless of course, your business is a tax write off, or a front to launder money, etc. etc.).

People will pay what the market demands.

And that Dreamcast port? Won't affect the price of MOTW for Neo Geo in any way, shape or form in my opinion, for those that WANT a copy for the Neo (this topic was already covered in another post). If anything, it will increase the demand, and the price, by giving more people access to the game. Then, they'll want the original.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
ORIGINALY POSTED BY BIG BEAR:

"Blame 'NGF' and don't support him!! He'll stop destroying carts and artwork!!
We all need to come together and put an end to Dion and his antics!"

yes thats it stupid, blame dion and single him out just so you can give him more power.
you know, I give you some props for bringing these mvs casses about but right now I could kill you! what are you doing building up this guys ego by giving him the bad publicity that he wants so much. you should be banned from the forums just for your posts on this thread alone. I refuse to even acknowledge this person or say his name when it comes to topics like this. the worst part is BEAR is that you are making him even hapier by singling him out and not including his partner who also has A big part in this whole thing. so pat yourself on the back for putting A totally ass backwards post up that has done more bad than good.

S

Silent_Scope

All I can say is that only moron will spend ridiculous $$ on KOF98, 99, MOTW and other so-called "rare" titles, especially those people claim themselves as "collectors".
Video game is just like internet.....once it involves with profit, you'll see thousands of "Hungry wolves" are rush into the the once a peaceful land and destroying everything. "Yeah, I'm collector. I have over 10 copies of bla bla bla....I try to sell it for $$$$....you'd better hurry coz it's rare....." WTF is that?
"If you dont' like the price, get lost or don't buy it. No one forces you to get those games...bla bla bla..."
That means we'll never have any chance to play those games unless we are "rich", right?

Thanks God that we still have DC port of LB2, KOF99 DM, and KOF99E (sooner MOTW and MS3) I can play. I dont' accuse ppl to make profit but be reasonable. Think about you go to auto dealer and buy car. You'll never pay $23,000 for Honda Civic DX. We'll let sales to make profit but NOT THAT MUCH.
Unless you are a rich bastard saying "that's the price of Civic. You have no money, don't buy it....I have 10 Civic now...hahaha"..."

We always see this type of person everyday....especially some Neo gamers...or collectors , I mean.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
That's right, Look at the KOF 99 and KOF 98 homecarts, dirt cheap now, under 200 each.

Garou should drop alot when the perfect DC port hits.

Don't buy from shawn, I won't, if no one does he will have to lower his prices, it's thats simple, but if people continue to pay shawns jacked up prices, there is no way in hell he's gonna lower them.

KOF carts have always been relativly cheap, except for KOF96 US. LB2 is out on the DC, and I would say its almost perfect, yet the cart still runs pretty high. There was a whole topic about this before, and everyone pretty much said the DC release wont impact the homecart that much, if at all. As has been said before, the people who would pay $800 for a Garou, are the collectors. The people who just want the game can get the mvs or dc version and be set for next to nothing compared to the home cart price.

As for Shawn's store, I personally think the items are high priced, nothing is a real bargain there, but then again, its a specialty store that Shawn CAN afford to run that way. He knows that sooner or later he will unload that Garou, so it dosent matter to him. A "strike" against Shawn's store really serves no purpose.

S

Silent_Scope

No one will "strike" Shawn's Neo store.
We just reflect our point of views.
Like NGF, if you want to buy from them, go ahead. I bet you there are a lot of people saying "Dion is a good dealer", "He's excellent seller", "NGF is the best Neo store", "I have no problem dealt with them"...and so on.

Shawn is a good guy, I believe so, but not in every way. Remember that he used to complain about deal with NGF but still buy game from them several times. This makes me wonder if he tries to get his "lose" recover from those Neo items he has in Neo store.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
All I can say is that only moron will spend ridiculous $$ on KOF98, 99, MOTW and other so-called "rare" titles, especially those people claim themselves as "collectors".
Video game is just like internet.....once it involves with profit, you'll see thousands of "Hungry wolves" are rush into the the once a peaceful land and destroying everything. "Yeah, I'm collector. I have over 10 copies of bla bla bla....I try to sell it for $$$$....you'd better hurry coz it's rare....." WTF is that?
"If you dont' like the price, get lost or don't buy it. No one forces you to get those games...bla bla bla..."
That means we'll never have any chance to play those games unless we are "rich", right?

Thanks God that we still have DC port of LB2, KOF99 DM, and KOF99E (sooner MOTW and MS3) I can play. I dont' accuse ppl to make profit but be reasonable. Think about you go to auto dealer and buy car. You'll never pay $23,000 for Honda Civic DX. We'll let sales to make profit but NOT THAT MUCH.
Unless you are a rich bastard saying "that's the price of Civic. You have no money, don't buy it....I have 10 Civic now...hahaha"..."

We always see this type of person everyday....especially some Neo gamers...or collectors , I mean.

The bottom line is, if you don't like the prices then shop elsewhere. Ebay offers some potentially good deals on stuff, and also people post good items at good prices in the Selling forums (pedu and 16-bit both are excellent sellers, I've bought from both of them).

There's no point in whining about prices Silent_Scope, thats just the way the market works. Its all about supply and demand, and what people are willing to pay. If you're patient and take your time, you can find good deals. For you, that means not looking at the neostore here, and looking elsewhere. Thats all it is, whining to Shawn isn't going to change anything and just makes you look foolish.
rolleyes.gif

S

Silent_Scope

Silence of the lamb :X
"...................".....".........."
...............", "............."

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ORPHEUS:
ORIGINALY POSTED BY BIG BEAR:

"Blame 'NGF' and don't support him!! He'll stop destroying carts and artwork!!
We all need to come together and put an end to Dion and his antics!"

yes thats it stupid, blame dion and single him out just so you can give him more power.
you know, I give you some props for bringing these mvs casses about but right now I could kill you! what are you doing building up this guys ego by giving him the bad publicity that he wants so much. you should be banned from the forums just for your posts on this thread alone. I refuse to even acknowledge this person or say his name when it comes to topics like this. the worst part is BEAR is that you are making him even hapier by singling him out and not including his partner who also has A big part in this whole thing. so pat yourself on the back for putting A totally ass backwards post up that has done more bad than good.

I'm CALLING IT like I SEE IT! What do you mean Iam giving him POWER! If nobody supports this CHUMP the DESTRUCTION of carts and artwork will come to a HALT and prices will level off!!
I'm not giving him any power but helping take
away his power by stating the facts! Just educating those new unsuspecting Neo Owners who may deal with this SCOUNDREL!
There's no ego building going on here!! Anybody will tell you he's always been a JACKASS from day one that why he got run offthe ML. It's STUPID threads such as this that causes his name to come up because he truely is responsible for the way things are.
It's nothing to be proud of...

My post has done more bad than good?? Says you! If one person can understand where I am coming from which you obviously cannot
then it helps put an end to his practices.
You want to kill me though?? heh..heh.. okay... sometimes I wonder if we don't have people posting to this thread 'ON THE TAKE'
Bottom line is this...
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT! DON'T BUY IT!!
The more you BITCH about the store is obviously having the opposite affect that some people would like to see happen.
A question will run through readers mind and they will say 'Why is everybody bitchin' at Shawn and his prices?'
'Can't these guys find better deals elsewhere??' 'They must not be able to find pristine rare items elsewhere so I better get ahold of what I can because I'm ineterested in collecting or investing.
This whole thread is doing a dis-service to those who would like to see prices drop or level off!!
Freedom of speech is great ain't it??
smile.gif

You who complain are responsible for prices
going up!!
It's just like people complaining about the price of gasoline going up... why do they complain??? They have none or less options!!
Everybody is selling gasoline for outrageous prices and you still have to make the choice!
Who is the lesser of two evils??
-BB

S

Silent_Scope

BB, without gasoline your car wont' start/go. Without Neo there is still a better tomorrow. Gasoline is inelastic but Neo is elastic on the other hand. If you want to buy and drive that $23,000 Civic and that's fine with me. That's your money not mine. "You dont' have money, then don't buy", on the other hand I can say "you don't like to hear what I say, then don't listen".
It's fair enough.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
SS I don't have a problem with any of you...We can discuss this matter and agree to disagree respectfully.If you a person suggests I should be 'BANNED' or say I should be 'KILLED' heh..heh.. then I have to respond accordingly....
Everything is cool on this end. You need to understand that your doing yourself a dis-service..now anybody who's read this thread will raise the price of the carts they are sitting on!! It's funny to me!! If you had of laid low and searched out the 'GOOD DEAL' you'd be better off...now that 'BARGAIN' you're looking for will become harder to find because -YOU- make it like Shawn's prices are the rule.
-BB

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Scope:

WAH. Cry me a river. Rare NEO GEO games are expensive and often overpriced. Tough noogie. Your incessant whining will not change anything. Looks like you will have to continue buying the ports or find a new hobby.

The Honda Civic analogy makes no sense here. If someone tries to sell you a common car like the Civic for 23k, you can go elsewere and find the same car at the MSRP level. Can you do that with a Garou cart? Apples? Oranges?

But by all means, keep crying and maybe someone will sell you their Garou cart for $200. Or not.

S

Silent_Scope

actually I've never played Garou before coz i don't like FF series at all.
Plus I never cry for a copy of MOTW. Yeah, I think it's time for me to change a new hobby (DVD collection) or concentrate on my PCE/DC/PS2/Saturn library.

Everyone keeps saying Ebay is a good place to get Neo...yeah right. If so then don't cry for ridiculous price you've seen.

16-bit, Yucky, pedu and others are excellent Neo game sellers/dealers/buyers. Two thumbs up!!!

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If you don't think Shawn's price is outrageous, buy from his store and try to resell it for the same price. If you can't...don't worry, Shawn will buy it back from you, and I'm sure you know how much he'll pay you for it. So, why are we arguing?

-Pichai

S

Silent_Scope

ahahhahaha.......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope