The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
A Link to the Past is one of... Or even perhaps, the best Zelda game ever made IMO.
I got a 2DS on launch day for pretty much (its also dirty cheap) 4 games, A Link Between Worlds being one of them.

Thanks Nintendo, now where is my 2D Super Metroid sequel?!

P.S. Minish Cap is also fantastic, I play it on my Nvidia Shield fairly often with GBA.emu. :D

Ben Richards

New Challenger
I am psyched for this is as well. The 3ds is really getting some quality titles, and I enjoy mine especially playing Fire emblem. I would love it if we could get the GBA games, but. Think I remember them saying that they will never release them for the 3DS except for the ambassador games. Hope not!

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
My guess is that GBA games would look like total shit on the 3DS/2DS screen. Lets derail the thread and look at the information for a sec...

The GBA has a 240×160 screen.

The 3DS 800x240, or 400 × 240 per eye (or total if you have a 2DS).

You simply could never "clean" stretch this. 2x240=480/400=80 pixels dropped hort, and 160x2=380/240=140 pixels dropped vert. It would have to be scaled and filtered 400/240=1.66666666666667 hort, 240/160=1.5 vert... AKA looks like total shit, esp noticeable in text and misaligned 2D pixel/sprite art.

Of course this is only a guess, Nintendo may have other reasons... This is no doubt at least a factor in the decision.

Ben Richards

New Challenger
Actually I was in the ambassador program and got the games. It looked pretty good to me. I'll see if I can upload a picture.

Erdmn

n00b
Without a doubt A Link to the Past is one of the best Zelda games and it's also one of the best on the SNES platform. The only thing that has me a bit turned off from what I've seen for Link Between Worlds is I haven't a fan of the cel shading with Zelda. Other titles it looks good but I didn't care for how Wind Waker looked.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
P.S. Minish Cap is also fantastic, I play it on my Nvidia Shield fairly often with GBA.emu. :D

Finally some Minish Cap love. :glee:

I am really excited for this one. Should be a good game. Its great that the system is getting love, I recall getting it last december and I was fearful that there was no support for the future. Look at it now, with so many great games coming out one after another.

Let;='s hope the Wii U picks up steam so I dont have just mario and xombiu to entertain me

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I've been thinking about the changes in LBW.

-Making all of the tools available for rent (or purchase) from the beginning of the game.
-No set order to the dungeons; you can tackle any one of them at any time.
-Having dungeon layouts be more vertical than horizontal.
-Magic bar refills automatically; bombs and arrows use the magic bar rather than having a counter.

I like what I'm hearing.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I preordered the game only. I would love to get that XL but I just can't justify the cost. My regular 3DS suits me just fine.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
That trailer looked great, really can't wait for the game.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
fuck gamestop get it at bestbuy free shipping or target with your target card lol

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
My favorite pro-Nintendo website just posted their review. It's a positive review to say the least. Words like "an absolute triumph in game design", "finest entry in the series", and "Aonuma and his team aimed for perfection...they may well have achieved that." You can easily guess what score they've given the game.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/legend_of_zelda_a_link_between_worlds

The metacritic currently stands at 91 as of this post, with three perfect scores.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Gametrailers gave it a glowing 9.8 review saying it's the best Zelda game in years. I hope the Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales go crazy so I can pick this one up on the cheap.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm pumped for this Zelda game, and I haven't been excited for one since maybe Twilight.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
It sucks that the European limited edition 3dS + zelda pack retails on Amazon.co.uk for 200 GBP and does not come with the charger.
As for the actual game it seems like A Link to the Past with some added bits and pieces - on one hand this is great since ALTTP is IMO one of the greatest games ever, on the other hand it seems that instead of new ideas / games Nintendo just seems to be content with updating their old titles.

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy
pre ordered 2 months bk better turn up before dec 5 th long haul flight is 12hrs:make_fac:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Seen nothing but glowing reviews for it, particularly in regards to the freedom to choose the dungeons in any order. Was skeptical but nw I'm convinced.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I only just started playing Skyward Sword (I like it a lot!) and I´m thinking of giving a link to the past another shot as I always somehow stalled with it at about the time when I got the mirror to go to the dark world.
This 3ds thing can wait. In fact I am thinking I might even rather play the wind waker again before going for this. I dont like the wall painting idea at all. Seems too gimmicky.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I got the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL pre booked. I'm excited for this game!

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
I don't like the character design that much and we've seen way better graphics from Nintendo on the 3DS (Mario 3D, Kid Icarus, Luigi's, etc..). I'm not sure what's going on here. I hope the rest of the game is as good as LTTP. That's all I ask.

The 2D wall walking Link looks hideous... otherwise it seems its just LTTP visuals with a minor facelift.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Got it yesterday, played for a bit, feels like coming home, so far the world is basically the same, it's not the same Link from LttP though. The 3D effect is really good in this one, so far the only game where I leave it on the whole time. No bullshit touchscreen controls either, this alone makes it better than the DS games. Music is pretty good.