The KOFXIII Online Thread (PS3 & 360)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Cant wait to get my copy tomorrow. I will defo be up for some online gaming.

Lee Gray

I just played my first online game and the slow down was horrible, i performed moves that didnt work till 2 secs later, i actually won too, im guessing the guy on the other end must have been having the same trouble unless he was crap lol

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
grabbin this today, not gonna wait for the patch after all. heard nothing but great things so far. I'm using a TE stick, and I'll do games with any of you on PSN

Lee Gray

getting no lag at all now but getting my ass whipped instead.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Alright, I just did two matches. The input delay was about a half second. Totally unplayable. Maybe its because nobody is even doing ranked. Lemme test out player matches. The lag was atrocious for me so far. Its like so delayed, you can't even anti jumps or anything. I lost both ranked matches. People would do random supers, I'd counter, and end up getting hit even after that action. Really ridiculous. I can't even effectively counter stuff due to the delay, its really disgusting.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yeah, you can tell on the character select. I test delay by moving around char select. Just played kim kaphwan, shit was delayed for us. I just started guessing, because fundamentals are hopeless with this delay. Like. if I can't do terry dfFP to hit someone jumping at me, we have a huge problem.

I am gonna keep testing local players. It feels like the shitty netcode from the final KOF XII patch, which reduced lag, but made it way worse because they added so much more delay. I quit the minute that patch came.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I connect good with complex, crisis averted. Awesome

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
phew, I was losing faith too, it's not quite lagless but it's fully playable between us so I am happy. That is really all I hoped for, I didn't expect GGPO.... I just hoped for something playable at least with a few friends.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
billys my main right now, this game is so awesome.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
not gonna lie, my life long street fighter playing ass can for the first time feel comfortable and confident that I can now say I am a KOF player.

I will play this game, with GUSTO.

I don't fuck with the word gusto often, only when shit gets serious.

Lee Gray

WTF is wrong with some people, 3 times in a row now I have entered the unranked match and clicked to play the host and the 3 different hosts have kicked me out without even playing me.... whats the point of them even playing this mode if they are choosey who they fight ?
I can understand with a rank match if either they are scared to lose to someone or think someone is too shit to waste their time on but this mode shouldnt matter who you fight.
Also had connection lost during two fights.......

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its because either they play you and your connection sucked, or it shows as a one bar trash connection.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
One reason these trials are so hard is because you can't shortcut any motion that is HCB/HCF. It makes it tedious doing basic stuff. I need to be able to do that, or I'm giving up on really useful stuff simply because its not gonna have a reliable probability. A example is two low jabs into raidens hcb x 2 super. Try that shit. Only way it can work, is to go cwp, cwp, and the instant that second one touches, you gotta like roll it to forward just to be able to roll it hcb x2.This means, the timing is so strict, you're better off just doing shit like, cwp, cwp, BC, sC, hcb x 2 super.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh yeah, I'm in on this one and waiting for you funsters to start something! I'm really excited after reading al the positive posts coming from this thread, I just completely forgot this came out! First time in a long time that I miss a KOF launch...my love must be fading. Robah, Andy all the way!!!

Lee Gray

I have tried 2 of the trials so far... the time one i did in 3 minutes 6 seconds
the survival mode i managed to win 18 but i dont think i will be bothered with the other as like LWK said its a bit tedious.
Like how the music is mixed around with diff stages too so you never know what you are going to get.
Also I noticed in the movie selection theres 2 slightly different openings.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
you know these trials are hard as balls, but it's a different kind of hard than street fighter IV's for example, they have no stupid land three one frame links in a row bullshit, just really long combos. I find them quite addicting and fun.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Agreed. Still hard though. My favorites so far are kyo's.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Huge flaw with lack of leniancy on shortcutting actions. This is mostly observable with daimon's first basic trial. Its actually easier to just do, cwk, BC, sC, hcbfA/C.

Really sad that a simple action can't lose a single small direction, which would make it so much more deep competitively. That link for daimons is gone, now you got sWK to his cmd grab. Forget cWK/cB.

Okay, got daimon down. He needs to do cWK to his cmd grab LATE. Don't do it immediately.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The great thing about the trials is that you can click on "demo mode" and the CPU will do it for you. No need to fish for youtube videos just to get an idea. I like that.

However, the timing is really hard. Even shit like Jump HK into standing HP or something. You have to time the kick so late so the followup will combo. Sometimes I time it too late and it doesn't even come out. It's funny, I can do the long, drawn-out combos that come afterward, but that fucking jump attack into stand attack gives me the most trouble.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
lol yeah I was having that issue too but after playing like wayyy too much yesterday... it feels natural timing jump ins now.

I think I played like 6 hours yesterday.....I just kept going back... I think I have a problem

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This game is so awesome! I just made a play through arcade. Boss is mad cheap as usual but it's cool, I'd love to have Geese AOF2 along with Krauser or Omega Rugal '95. My only problem is the filtering of the sprites, KOF XII didn't have that problem and it looked amazing, too bad they went with a shitty filter with no options to remove it this time. Gameplay is really good though and that's what matters the most.

On a side note, I hate the god damn French on the booklet ala nintendo, Spanish would have been way more awesome, way more awesome! Frenchy fucken Ash and his Gaylord ways!!!

Last edited:

Lee Gray

The most annoyed I get is when saiki grabs you and takes about ten seconds to punch you just 4 times and you just have to take it.... what I have found with Ash though, if you attack him from the start and dont give him an inch, hes a lot easier to beat, however let him get the upper hand and start pulling of his specials and he goes into a league of his own.