The KOFXIII Online Thread (PS3 & 360)

Brojasu

n00b
My PSN ID is Brojasu, I'd love for all of you to hit me up. I won't be on it much until the 15th of Dec (maybe an hour a day tops until then), but after that it's gametime.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm down to learn this game.
I will say this. I'm not unloading a single dollar till I see MANY extensive opinion's of the online play. I'm going as far as to waiting for results AFTER the patch.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Which online service do you feel is better, PS3 or XB360?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Per Charlie, the PS3 rev of the game won't let users set latency restrictions for Ranked matches (i have vouched that the 360 rev does). Not sure if this is a PSN issue, or what.

I'm happy w/ xbl, seeing as how I can play the most full featured rev of XIII over their service.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Per Charlie, the PS3 rev of the game won't let users set latency restrictions for Ranked matches (i have vouched that the 360 rev does). Not sure if this is a PSN issue, or what.

I'm happy w/ xbl, seeing as how I can play the most full featured rev of XIII over their service.

To clarify, you can search for a room in ranked based on latency, but you can not make a room that rejects poor latency.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm down to learn this game.
I will say this. I'm not unloading a single dollar till I see MANY extensive opinion's of the online play. I'm going as far as to waiting for results AFTER the patch.

why not rent the game?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
someone talk some shit about this game real quick because I'm about to waste some money on another damn videogame when I just got several new ones.

god damn this season.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Holy crap do I suck at this KOF. They really changed things up this time and some of the timing on the larger combos are hard for me. I must have played 10 or so matched online against a guy who barely knew anything and he still kicked my ass because he would randomly spam moves. I need to sit down and play some more people to get the flow of the game. At least Leona does not suck in this version. I need to play King some more to see if I like this version of her but so far I am not impressed.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
someone talk some shit about this game real quick because I'm about to waste some money on another damn videogame when I just got several new ones.

god damn this season.

Ok, I'll do it...

This stupid fucking game took my money because it was so damn amazing. Stupid ass game greedy game.

There did that help?.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Holy crap do I suck at this KOF. They really changed things up this time and some of the timing on the larger combos are hard for me. I must have played 10 or so matched online against a guy who barely knew anything and he still kicked my ass because he would randomly spam moves. I need to sit down and play some more people to get the flow of the game. At least Leona does not suck in this version. I need to play King some more to see if I like this version of her but so far I am not impressed.

Leona's timing is not that great for me right now. A lot of things I used to do all the time are not happening. I want to be able to do close D into forward B into QCB A. Not happening. I want to jump in with a C, crouch C, and then moon cutter. Not Jump in D, crouch A, crouch A, moon cutter. :(

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Ok, I'll do it...

This stupid fucking game took my money because it was so damn amazing. Stupid ass game greedy game.

There did that help?.

haha asshole, are you playing on ps3? if your playing on ps3 and lwk gets it too, I know I got someone to fight and it would be worth the investment

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
haha asshole, are you playing on ps3? if your playing on ps3 and lwk gets it too, I know I got someone to fight and it would be worth the investment

Yes I have it on PS3. I'm down to rumble.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue

Heh, I got it on PS3 too, but I won't be any competition for you. I'm pretty bad at Street Fighter, but when it comes to KoF, I'm downright incompetent. :)

Anyway, if anyone wants some easy victories, hit me up anytime. I'm HeartlessNinny on PSN.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Heh, I got it on PS3 too, but I won't be any competition for you. I'm pretty bad at Street Fighter, but when it comes to KoF, I'm downright incompetent. :)

Anyway, if anyone wants some easy victories, hit me up anytime. I'm HeartlessNinny on PSN.

hey I suck at KOF too! fatal fury is my snk game of choice.. we shall play. I will be definitely buying this game, I am just torn if it's a good idea to go pick it up today :)

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
welp, like the no willpower havin bitch that I am, I seen this game in the store with the soundtracks.... had to get it.
haven't even tried it yet... but the next few days.... nothing but KOF and UMVC3 for me

PSN in the sig

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
if you're not doing ranked matches, then it's great. I was playing Spoon in Canada last night and there were no slow downs.

Would love to hear from more users, PS3 & 360 alike.

I've had fine ranked matches (SFIV caliber) up and down the eastern seaboard on 360, via middle of the road cable (20-30M down, 5-10Mup).

I'll report back after playing friends on the west coast, & overseas this weekend.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Man, I haven't seen anybody on my friends list playing this game. What's the deal?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I had it day of, & just missed you yesterday Wes. Now, family Thanksgiving road trip. I'll message you on xbl when I get back home this weekend. NJ to OK should make for a good ranked online test.