The Eagles look like shit — NFL Thread 2017-2018

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm really surprised the Bears pulled off a W...it was a sloppy game all around but I guess a W is a W. Unless things change, the top dogs are still LA, NO, ad KC.

Both LA teams? Chargers been looking good, too.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Raiders or 49ers

I would definitely go with Raiders picking him up next season, just makes sense with how dysfunctional that team is. But seriously, why can't these dumb motherfuckers just control their anger and not put themselves in these situations? Roid rage?... Whatever, that dude has been on my fantasy team the last two seasons, not anymore. I still have Mahomes and Kelce this season!

Kinda related: Anybody catch the article where Adrian Peterson said he still hits his son with a belt?! WTF?! Learn your lesson people!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Now that the Kareem Hunt sweepstakes has begun I think he makes a resurgence next season in a Patriots or Steelers jersey. Any thoughts?

Washington maybe? They already picked up Foster proving they give no fucks and Peterson can't play forever.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would definitely go with Raiders picking him up next season, just makes sense with how dysfunctional that team is. But seriously, why can't these dumb motherfuckers just control their anger and not put themselves in these situations? Roid rage?... Whatever, that dude has been on my fantasy team the last two seasons, not anymore. I still have Mahomes and Kelce this season!

Kinda related: Anybody catch the article where Adrian Peterson said he still hits his son with a belt?! WTF?! Learn your lesson people!

What lesson? That some kids need the belt?

If your kids are somewhat logical and can be communicated with, then there’s no reason for physical discipline. But that is something that needs to be established early on. Poor early parenting creates risks for poor behavior children, who require training closer to animals than humans. I see this with acquaintances who have kids that just seem off. Most of my friends can just explain their kids into understanding something is wrong and shouldn’t be done. It’s a lot more impressive than corporal punishment. Not every parent has that intellectual capability.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman

Not sad he’s gone from the Vikings, despite how good he was here. On the other hand, the man has like 7 kids with 3 or 4 different women so it’s at least a little good for the kids if he’s still working. With his history there’s no way he has any kind of broadcasting or post-football career.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not sad he’s gone from the Vikings, despite how good he was here. On the other hand, the man has like 7 kids with 3 or 4 different women so it’s at least a little good for the kids if he’s still working. With his history there’s no way he has any kind of broadcasting or post-football career.

Could run for President.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

If your kids are somewhat logical and can be communicated with, then there’s no reason for physical discipline. But that is something that needs to be established early on. Poor early parenting creates risks for poor behavior children, who require training closer to animals than humans. I see this with acquaintances who have kids that just seem off. Most of my friends can just explain their kids into understanding something is wrong and shouldn’t be done. It’s a lot more impressive than corporal punishment. Not every parent has that intellectual capability.

I suppose I can't totally disagree with that. But the thing that bugs me about that situation is that we aren't talking about a normal 150-180 pound average dude hitting his kid with a belt. Its motherfucking AP, a dude who is around 220lbs of pure muscle beating the fuck out of a toddler. I'm from MN and Vikings are my NFL team of choice. When his ordeal went down I defended him, until I saw the pictures. Fuck that shit. How could anyone defend that sort of "punishment" AKA abuse.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member

Let the kid off the hook before we start assuming he's a little shit. Perhaps Peterson is just a whackjock* who likes to beat kids. Perhaps he hadn't beat his kid with a belt and it was just a threat for him to point at the TV while yelling at his kid, "I told them I'll do it! You see that on the screen? I told them, and nobody gives a damn. I've got at least one free pass on your ass coming so shut it".

*Typo

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Let the kid off the hook before we start assuming he's a little shit. Perhaps Peterson is just a whackjock* who likes to beat kids. Perhaps he hadn't beat his kid with a belt and it was just a threat for him to point at the TV while yelling at his kid, "I told them I'll do it! You see that on the screen? I told them, and nobody gives a damn. I've got at least one free pass on your ass coming so shut it".

*Typo

So its ok to do this to a toddler?
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/09/12/0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

You can go fuck yourself if you think that is alright. I don't care if the kid was a little shit, not acceptable not at all.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The Browns had too many turnovers today, never were really in the game. No real surprise there.

Got to watch the end of the Bills game today, too. Heartbreaking ending when Josh Allen nearly had the game winning TD on 4th and 11.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Broncos back to .500.

Got the 49ers, Browns, Raiders, and Chargers left. They just might sneak into the playoffs.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
If they win out, I think they'll make it. The teams ahead of them have much weaker schedules. They'd be 10-6. If they drop one, 9-7 is a much tougher proposition.

Lindsay looks legit as fuck... So you might be right. Chargers would be the matchup to watch

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Packers fired Mike McCarthy about 3 years too late after another embarrassing loss.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Rams continue to roll, clinch the NFC West and have the inside track for home field throughout the playoffs thanks to Dallas.
Packers fired Mike McCarthy about 3 years too late after another embarrassing loss.
Especially to a Cardinals team that had only two wins this year, both against San Francisco and hadn't won in Green Bay since 1949 :p

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my giants continue to ruin next years draft slot.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
my giants continue to ruin next years draft slot.

Eli's colon horseshoe isn't so funny when you don't want to win games you have no business winning, is it?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

He was a top coach years ago, but after a while all these guys get exposed to leaning too hard on the rosters of coaches past.

It makes me think of what a steal the Rams got with McVay. There aren’t any Sean McVays around to hire this year, or even next year. It’s important to remember how McVay got to be a head coach. He started right out of college at 22 as a WR coach with Jon Gruden. He was a very charismatic tight ends coach under Shanahan, and when Shanahan and his son left DC, McVay got promoted by new head coach Jay Gruden, to OC. Jay and Sean has both worked for Jon Gruden at TB. For 10 years he’s been around coaches who are known to get the most out of their QBs (even Jay, who had a great daytime record with Andy Dalton).

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Erin Rodgers is more to blame this season. he got that huge contract but hasn't been playing like a top 7qb. They should be running more but his ego wont allow that.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Erin Rodgers is more to blame this season. he got that huge contract but hasn't been playing like a top 7qb. They should be running more but his ego wont allow that.

I don't really think Aaron Rodgers is the problem in GB. He's the best part of their offense. Look what he has to work with for receivers, other than Adams. Jimmy Graham and Cobb are past their prime and their younger guys are pretty mediocre. Not sure you can blame him for the lack of a run game either. They haven't really been too consistent in that area since Lacy had his breakout season years ago. Then again, I'm a Vikings fan so I'm happy to see the Packers struggle.