!!the BIG RB2 thread!! (updated 23/7/04 : chonrei)

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
yeah i do though when you learn his tricks you can win (evidence of the great balance :) ).

he's the peck charcter from hell, start off trying to master his dashing A peck down (think kim s.A in 2k2 or gato s.A in 2k3), master his range on push combos and make sure to finish with the s.C. c.C is very important as is the timing on j.C. he has a fairly high jump and his j.C is a little tricky so you'll need to use A or B sometimes as well (also for outprioritizing).

his weak supers hurt him tier wise as does his lack of a good variety of moves, his qcb+punch is great of course but his dp, fb and qcf+C are average at best.

after a few games,i thought myself

"tung is quite good,i like him,but man i'm already bored"

then tried yamazaki and mai and they're all the same

in the sense that,is it just me or there are only a few chains available for every character and nothing else?

well,of course you have your specials,and dms and sdms,ok...

but nothing more

thats why i think that rb1 is a better game,because there is so much more to do with every character

imo :)

but i like 2,i dont know why i used to hate it so much :D

by the way,and maybe you already know

but i have found ( actually gemant showed me ) a pretty tung combo

where you can add the P POWER dm at the end of it

do you know about it?

about rb1 franco

your franco was super annoying but i needed 2 or 3 games to get into the groove of the game

i never play rb in versus because all of my friends arent into the series

so after 10 or so minutes mai was dominating the third floor of monte :D

gemant showed me an awesome franco and kim in rb1

there's this 50 % + dizzy + 50 % combo with franco and i just couldnt believe how unfair it was :(

but yeah,i'm starting to feel some love again for the rb series

which is nice

right now,i need more variety or simply need new stuff to play

like third strike or rb2

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
revised

high : bob, chonrei, geese, kim. terry.
mid high : andy, cheng, krauzer, mai, xiang, rick, yama.
mid : chonshu, duck, franco, honfu, joe, sokaku.
low : billy, blue mary, lawrence, tung.

Last edited:

Tristesse V

Banned
MM, might I say that Billy is far more strong than the list he's put in.

I mean, I never play with him but each time I fall before him, I just take my lesson and simply must beat my ass off to kill him. When the COM plays him, he's really deadly, far more than Chen, Krauzer or Mai for instance.

It's just surprising to see him in the low tier-list.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Tristesse V said:
MM, might I say that Billy is far more strong than the list he's put in.

I mean, I never play with him but each time I fall before him, I just take my lesson and simply must beat my ass off to kill him. When the COM plays him, he's really deadly, far more than Chen, Krauzer or Mai for instance.

It's just surprising to see him in the low tier-list.

yeah i know he's a fiend as com. you have to remember that com can be set to hit on every opportunity with a big combo, to react before anything with the best counter, etc.

ive played lots of billy recently and found that the better i get with him and the more my opponent learns how to fight him the less wins i get. he's a poker who floats too long in the air to be a combo machine (as well as being easy to evade or hit), does very little damage and has average normals at best (his A's are good but his B's and C's are pretty average at best).

yeah at this point im confident he's low.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Just bumping my favorite thread; even though I haven't contributed jack, I enjoy the hell out of it. Hoping to see Chonshu, Franco (he's been touched on briefly, but...), and Xianfei soon... Oh yeah, and Mary. Even if she's low teir, this version of her is so unique compared to KOF, FF3, RBFF versions.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
which ou prefer

Beelze, what do think of ff3, i think its up there in the top 3 fury games... my choice is

ff rb2
ff3
ffrb
garou

I have the official guide of ff3 as i think its better than most fighters out there. I think its abit old for us to be doing a guide for though.
How do you rate the fury series, whats our top 3 or 4.

Sorry that its off topic alittle.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
the_colonel said:
Beelze, what do think of ff3, i think its up there in the top 3 fury games... my choice is

ff rb2
ff3
ffrb
garou

I have the official guide of ff3 as i think its better than most fighters out there. I think its abit old for us to be doing a guide for though.
How do you rate the fury series, whats our top 3 or 4.

Sorry that its off topic alittle.

i like all of the games in the fatal fury series. rb2 hoever is aesthetically, character selection wise and system wise my favourite though. it's also the tightest comp wise in my opinion (though garou is prolly just as tight).

ffspc is great but can be frustrating at high levels ive found due to the big disparity in tiers, same for rb spc.

ffrb is great and i love sokaku but again the infinites, big combos and ring outs can make it frustrating at high levels.

ff3 is the one i know least about... i played it a lot when it came out but havent gone back to it unlike most of the others....

it introed sokaku though which is a great thing and the dock bg is amazing :)

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
ff3 is a nice game but its too ssslllllloooooooowwwwwwwwww. controller response is wack compared to the RB's. worst thing about it everybody jumps like dhalsim in sf2ww. too damn slow. on the good part it is pretty nice when you get the hang of it. its also pretty hard & its got some nice combos to boot. standard combos and chains. really like the boss cheat and expertmode cheat. also first FF to have sdm's. pulling them of is a blast, especially in combos (only if its possible). really like playing yamazaki, even if he only has 3 moves. chonsu & especially chonrei are too strong. after activating sdm use terry's, geese, andy & franco's after jumping in with a Hard attack.

now fran RBFF is great but so is RBS & RB2. alot of chains vanished from previous RB´s but you gain feint moves thus cancel combos. this is what sets RB2 apart from the older versions. gameplaywise and balance are perfect in rb2. the only gripe ive got about the rb´s is that the difficulty level is too easy even on hard. older fatal furys required much more skill to beat without losing a round. the juggle sytem also works better in this version (not as good as MOTW). too bad that not all of the charas are good with feint combos.

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
What is the point about feint moves in Real Bout games (all of them) ? I know how feints work in motw, but what about RBs? I'm a noob in RB, tnx ^^

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ken_dong said:
What is the point about feint moves in Real Bout games (all of them) ? I know how feints work in motw, but what about RBs? I'm a noob in RB, tnx ^^

one is of course to feint, the 2nd use is to lengthen chain combos, you can interrupt a chain combo then continue it past it's normal length. i never use them myself so im not strong on the mechanics, maybe baratoz or someone could clarify for you....?

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
beelzebubble said:
there fixed for ya :D
LOL :)

Anyway, how about some RBs matches on kaillera? I heard u are good, and I'd like to improve myself... lemme know ^^

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
feint moves in RB2 extend combos but this only applies to some characters. For example Terry: df+A,C,(d+B+C=power geyser feint),A,B,C. The combo registers for 5 hits. As far as I know only attacks which end in C can be cancelled by feints so combos aren't exactly huge.

One of Duck King's feints is used as a teleport f,f,df+C. Duck King players abuse this shit. Other than that, they are just used as feints.

In RBS I'm pretty sure that's all they are, just feints.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
BigFred said:
feint moves in RB2 extend combos but this only applies to some characters. For example Terry: df+A,C,(d+B+C=power geyser feint),A,B,C. The combo registers for 5 hits. As far as I know only attacks which end in C can be cancelled by feints so combos aren't exactly huge.

One of Duck King's feints is used as a teleport f,f,df+C. Duck King players abuse this shit. Other than that, they are just used as feints.

In RBS I'm pretty sure that's all they are, just feints.

ah yes slide into spower for duck, highly effective but damned hard to do well.

Baratoz

Zero's Secretary
BigFred said:

Yes they can only be used after an chain wich ends in C, but i've found a nice variation with franco

corner, small j C, st A-A, feint, st A-A, feint, d+B-C, charge db, f+C

timings are kinda hard, especially to connect the db, f+C (after the second feint, you need to do d+B, let lever neutral, press C and immediately start charging db. plus, don't pull off the f+C very fast, or it will not come out at all)

imho feints a là motw are a nice addition to the gameplay, but only combo-wise... i don't even think about risking to waste a guaranteed combo to add 2/3 more hits in a vs match

Last edited:

E=MC2

depends on who your using. some charas have easy feint combos without being in corner, and the work much easier than others combos. like rick and joe to name a few. with rick you can always jump in with j+C, B, B, C, feint, B, C, QCF+A or C if power barr is full. joe can easily j+C, A, C, feint, B, C, QCF+C, if op close to corner ad dp+B. needless to say some charas are better left alone with feint moves unless in corner combos, and some dont have any use for feints in combos.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Anybody know if it's possible to chain the power dunk to a combo by using feints? I've tried a few combinations but the 2nd hit of the power dunk always wiffs.

E=MC2

its not possible. power dunk is just for show now. low priority not very damaging.

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
wow, i was forced to lush out this X-mas for RBFF2 (MVS) :), nice thread guys, now i know what im missing all these years, i prolly enjoying RBFF2 more than garou :P

-are there any combos which can be started coming from behind the plane?, ive tried some chars mny times now, but there seems to be none...

one should compile the strats in this thread into an .txt FAQ like the ones in Gamefaqs.com

:)

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
roninbuddha said:
-are there any combos which can be started coming from behind the plane?, ive tried some chars mny times now, but there seems to be none...
:)

If you mean from the back plane to the front then yes. Linesway C attacks from the back plane which don't knock down chain to standard chains. A combo with Terry for example coming from the back plane would be C,A,B,f+C. They will not always connect though.

In general characters who do knockdown are always pursuit characters. Geese for example can pursue with d+C after a Linesway C attack from the back plane (may need to dash to get within range). An easy combo with Yamazaki from the backplane would be C,d,d+C.