!!the BIG RB2 thread!! (updated 23/7/04 : chonrei)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
hey beezle you can play tungs spower in a different way. i always use it combos or else i dont know what else its for (some supers are kinda useless but not as much as in RBFF or RBFFS). a bnb combo for tung is his j+C, sA, spower. you dont even have to do it in a corner if im right, just make sure you walk a little forward before the standing A.

your thread is real nice man. especially for people that dont know this game well or are just getting in to it. the only gripe i have is why dont you post some over the top combos for the charas so far. the bnb are very nice but also help the people with some large very very damaging combos. im sure you also know quite a few. if you need any help just ask me. im sure baratoz and others in the forum are also willing to help.

ill try that combo, thanks :)

im not much of a combo player and the intention of this thread is to help out ppl who want to play the game competitively, those two reasons are why there arent any/many "big" combos. if you have a list of some (or baratoz, etc do) then please post it in the thread for me :)

EDIT : couldnt get that combo to work..... give it a go and give me a detailed explanation of how to do it maybe?

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
in a corner its really easy and doing it with a crossoverjump C sA spwpoer is alo pretty easy. but its a little difficult to do it whitout being in corner. the trick is to land the jumping C fairly low but not lowest. then walk alittle forward for the standing A. this can be quite tricky if your op is not in corner. you have to make sure you walk forward enough to hit the sA and to make it connect with first hit of the spower for it to be a combo and at the same time make sure you dont walk forward too much or elso the sA wont combo from the jC. hit the sA at the right time and quickly do f-hcf+BC. it can be difficult so its easier to do with a crosover jump C.

E=MC2

youll have to wait for beezles but i can give you some short strats. first of all hes no longer combofriendly like he was in RBS or RBFF. hes much harder to use and has lost almost all of his moves. does this make him suck?? nooo... actually hes as good or almost as good as hes always been. the real problem is they messed up his combos so you cant take a lot of damage of your opponent in 1 combo (unless you got Ppower). plus hes no longer as fun as he used to be to play, mostly cause of the lack of all his old moves. he feels like a stripped ryu from sf2 just able to fb, dp and huricane-kick but then with his own moves. now for some strats.

geese is a chara that can be used in any range but midclose and close comboat are best for him. abuse his fireballs (repukens) and his counters. from close always use you grab move cause it dous very nice damage. beezle will handle all his normals and specials so let me give a quick go at some other usefull stuff.

first of all when using his counters u can always ad the follow up after the high/special move and low counter. on the mid just combo. his midscreen combos are also very good and damaging. f+A, C, 360+A (if geese is in corner you can ad folow up) and another nice distance combo is b+B, D, qcb+AorC depending on distance. the first is overhead and does great damage and the second one hits normal and does less damage. efficient range seems to be identical.

from close u can use his df+A, C, dd+C, follow up. or sC 2 hits folowed by repuken or double repu depending on distance. his crouching B is great but range is somewhat short. great combos for his cB would be cB, cB, cC, d+BC, dash and folow up. or cB,cB, df+C and jugle with repuken. all thes can be after a jBorC. his best combo up close is probably his B, C (2hits), into repuken but you can also feint and make it longer if your distance isnt too far after the last C. use d+BC after last C otherwise and carry on your combo for max damage (his feint combo is one of the harder ones, deffenitely not as easy as ricks or joe's.
a nice combo would be j+C, walk little forward B, C, d+BC, d+A, either d+C or C, either repuken or deadly rave. the deadly rave can be finished in different ways after the 7 hit like: df+A, C, dd+C, follow up/ cB, cB, cC, d+BC, dash and folow up/ cB,cB, df+C and jugle with repuken and a few other ways. its easier to finish it in its original form and ad the folowup after the fireball (real one not repuken). they all do around the same amount of damage. if your close enough dont hesitate to use 360+C instead of deadly rave cause you get the same damage (without combo) as normal deadly rave with one grab, and grabs are unblockable :mr_t:

by the way his counters are lightning fast so when you see somebody doing a low B or C or j attack or special move perform a counter and youll catch em. add the follow up for even greater damage. its also very cool to catch somebody with counter after they do normal standing attack if your ppower is full. you should know why :lol:

this is it for now till beezle comes with his full strats, and its nice to see there are real gamers around here.

p.s. geese may seem powered down a lot but hes still really an endboos along with krauser. krauser may have more moves and far more damaging combos but hes got something else geese dousnt have. weaknesses. if you wanna kill krauser of just stand very close, just out of grab reach and finsh him of with fast combos cause hes too fucking slow. geese on the other hand will prevail over anything and any range just practice for perfection.

E=MC2

by the way his hardest hitting combo would be the one baratoz did in the vid. j+C, B, C(2hits), d+BC, d+A, C, deadly rave till 7 hit (first C) B, C (1hit), d+BC, A, B, d+C, d+BC, dash and d+C for folow up.

thundr51

Bead Banger
Somebody needs to cut and paste this info into a faq and post it here. Good stuff here... I think i'll plug this in again and stop getting beat down on Ninja Gaiden HP

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
thanks for your strats. my main tools playing Geese are indeed A-Repuken and (dashing) C, it's a drilling machine after a short start-up. plus I can imagine his counters being hazardous to most play-styles.

thundr51

Bead Banger
Just finished playing with Chonrei and I was amazed how much your tips helped. Maybe i'll start playing this game a bit more. My biggest problem with the RB series was the line switch stuff. I really don't understand it very well. I think that is why a lot of people never really warm up to RB because they understand the line sway system. Whenever I try to use it to dodge a regular move I wind up getting smacked. I can only dodge PPowers (especially billy's) but the AI seems to use it to dodge my moves all the time. It is just me or is this just another example of abusive SNK AI?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
thundr51 said:
Just finished playing with Chonrei and I was amazed how much your tips helped. Maybe i'll start playing this game a bit more. My biggest problem with the RB series was the line switch stuff. I really don't understand it very well. I think that is why a lot of people never really warm up to RB because they understand the line sway system. Whenever I try to use it to dodge a regular move I wind up getting smacked. I can only dodge PPowers (especially billy's) but the AI seems to use it to dodge my moves all the time. It is just me or is this just another example of abusive SNK AI?

thats one thing i love about this game, its not sf3:ts. if you dont use line sway you can still win, perfect implementation of an advanced gameplay technique imo, i really dont like the sf3/garou learn it or lose theory as it alienates i find. dont worry about linesway if you arent comfortable with it, my mate uses it and i dont and i can tell you now it doesnt affect your ability to compete whatsoever ive found.

thundr51

Bead Banger
beelzebubble said:
thats one thing i love about this game, its not sf3:ts. if you dont use line sway you can still win, perfect implementation of an advanced gameplay technique imo, i really dont like the sf3/garou learn it or lose theory as it alienates i find. dont worry about linesway if you arent comfortable with it, my mate uses it and i dont and i can tell you now it doesnt affect your ability to compete whatsoever ive found.

Yeah, I can't parry much of anything on SF3 at all, which does explain why I don't play it much...despite having two copies of the game. Anyway, thanx for the help. I've been managing to win despite using the line sway but just curious how I could incorporate it into my game. However, if it's as you say then I'll probably only use it as a dodge for ppowers and such.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
thundr51 said:
Yeah, I can't parry much of anything on SF3 at all, which does explain why I don't play it much...despite having two copies of the game. Anyway, thanx for the help. I've been managing to win despite using the line sway but just curious how I could incorporate it into my game. However, if it's as you say then I'll probably only use it as a dodge for ppowers and such.

exactly, to be honest i almost dont use it at all (unless i am using sokaku for his fire attack or chonrei for his dash). learn to defend against attacks from it (iirc correctly low cant be comboed into so better to eat a low) and thats enough :)

thundr51

Bead Banger
Hey, when are you going to do Chon Shu, she seems to be more powerful than Chon Rei. Her Ppower seems stronger/ more range/faster, and she has one move that looks like ChonRei's qcb, F + B but does a heck of a lot more damage. Plus her f,f+A can throw and her dp+c gets more hits as well. What's the story with these two? I need to read up on my RB history...

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
thundr51 said:
Hey, when are you going to do Chon Shu, she seems to be more powerful than Chon Rei. Her Ppower seems stronger/ more range/faster, and she has one move that looks like ChonRei's qcb, F + B but does a heck of a lot more damage. Plus her f,f+A can throw and her dp+c gets more hits as well. What's the story with these two? I need to read up on my RB history...
She? Her? I thought HE was a dude?

E=MC2

its a he and personally i think chonrei is better. but chonsu is fun to play with with his teleports and small combos. her supermove is the same as chonrei fireball that steals life. aonly chonsus is a super so does more damage, steals more life and can be done in air (also in RBS) qcb-f+BC. his ppower is really nice for combos. j+C, C, C, f+C, b+C, ppower juggle =nice damage and easy combo. nice but nearly impossible to hit chonrei combo is his spower right behind opponent, then shoot A fireball to push opponent in your spower then finally during the last hit of your spower hit your op with your ppower for a 7hit with hell of a lot damage (around 160%,170% damage. best used against stunned op or if they try blocking spower.

hes also got a nice combo on 1line that does even more damage with ppower.op in corner shot spower and release just behind op that it still hits, j+C, A, B, f+C, f-hcf+BC, C, C, C, finish it with fb, dp or ff+A for 14 hits and around 180% damage.

i say 180 cause i see 2 lifebars thats why i count it as 200%

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
thundr51 said:

id actually tier chonrei high and chonshu mid. hes faster, far easier to combo with and has amazing zoning/traps with his fb's. chonshu is really hard to combo reliably with. honfu's next.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I abuse the linesway system. Best to understand it.

From back plane
A - Jumps over lows, can't be comboed from. If your opponent on the front always uses d+D then A will always counter them.

B - Low attack which avoids highs, can't be comboed from. If your opponent always uses D to hit you back then abuse this.

C - Heavy attack, can be comboed from with some characters. Other characters usually bosses get a knockdown from this attack but they are usually always the pursuit characters. Geese, Yamazaki, Sokaku etc. Pursuits are guaranteed in most cases after a linesway C knockdown. Can be interrupted by a front plane standard D or d+D attack.

D - Sends you back to the back plane. If your opponent thinks they can hurl power waves or repukken's all day long from a distance, show them they're wasting their time by lineswaying on the spot. No real use. When people hit the back plane you always use either A or B unless you have a safe C.

Linesway specials (LSS) - I thought I'd add this. LSS which begin from the backplane can always be interrupted by a front plane D. Knowing this they are almost useless. But if you mix up your highs and lows your opponent may screw up. That is to say, if you always use a B attack for say the first 3 times you linesway, eventually, unless your opponent is thick, they will attempt a d+D. Then your LSS will connect without problems.

Pressing down whilst in back plane - Is an attack avoider, think of it as a dash from back plane to front. Cannot be interrupted by either D or d+D or multi plane special attacks such as the round wave (timing is critical).

From front plane
D - Will counter linesway A,C, and LSS. Can only be interrupted by a linesway B

d+D - Will counter linesway B,C Can only be interrupted by a linesway A or LSS

Multiplane special - Will interrupt any attack. Takes time to perform and you will usually be hit before you've even had a chance to perform the attack. From back plane you can dash forward to avoid attacks such as the round wave and get a free linesway C.

Miscellaneous notations
You can still block whilst in the back plane. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think your opponent can perform a linesway special if they are in the front plane and you are in the back.

Geese can still counter your A,B,C or LSS.

Standing still or dashing will send you back to the front plane.

You can stay in the back plane as long as you want but you have to be moving either forwards or backwards, no dashing.

If you have a H.Power or higher present or a flashing red lifebar you can techroll by pressing u+D or b+D when knocked down. u+D will avoid pursuits and move your character to the backplane for some linesway wake up games.

I think that about covers it.

As for using Chonshu. Abuse his teleports. The idea is to dance around your opponents.
HCB+A - Teleports on the spot. Use it occasionally to throw them off.
HCB+B - Teleports above opponent press B in mid-air to follow up with an attack. You can control which end he will land by pressing left or right.
HCB+C - Teleports behind opponent. Free combo time. C,C,C, f,b+C
In mid-air qcb+B - teleports in mid-air behind opponent.
qcf+B - Always follow this attack with HCB+B for a sweet combo.
qcb,f+BC - In mid-air this attack leeches life. Screw around with some air teleports before attempting this. Chonshu is all about mind games.

I'll add more later but a teleporting chonshu can only be defeated 2 ways. By going into the back plane or turtling.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
++++++brief strats++++++

HON FU

best range : mid (and moving in or out from there)

[normals]
s.A : can be used as a poke just inside it's range animation wise. speed is good as is recovery, also grabs jumpers as they try to jump but the angle it covers isnt so good, besides which hon isnt a poker, use only when you want to stop a jumper and don't bother building a poking game. also useful at close range as part of a combo (j.C->s.A->s.Cx3->qcb+Ax2 in the corner).
s.B : a decent poke range and recovery wise, speed wise it's not so good, another reason to give poking a miss when using hon, very similar to tung's s.B in that respect. use it in combos namely j.C->s.B->hcf+C.
s.C : good as a combo starter after either the first or second hit when rushing down a waking up opponent. can also be used to combo the spower though i wouldnt recommend it seeing as if you miss you will get hit for sure and even if you combo with it the damage is really not worth the effort (its a little difficult to pull off compared to a c.B->db-f+Bx2). when dashing in to keep the pressure on combo it into the qcb+B as this will get you get you block damage, keep the opponent feeling restricted and not leave you recovering. at long range avoid using this move, the recovery is terrible and it telegraphs a lot.
c.A : no need to use this, c.B is better in almost every respect.
c.B : a staple, combo into db-f+Bx2 as much as possible, even easier and damage wise as good is c.Bx2->c.C. it's really fast with little recovery and great range, use it after landing from the qcb+B.
c.C : great trip, combo with a j.C for quick knock downs and use the long downed time of the opponent to reposition yourself as dashing about and keeping up the speed is honfu's game. combo into the qcb+B for mind games with honfu as the wake up time of the opponent will trick them into attack sometimes.
j.A : can be used to cross up and is great in a hop becoz of the time it stays out (effectiveness lenght) and the fact it is such a deep/low hit. if you cross up with it you cant combo into it (A/B's dont combo from the air in almost all cases) so for big cross up combos use the j.C turned around by D. good priority and a great close hop pressure attack.
j.B : standard jumping kick, good priority and speed, decent effectiveness time but again no combo opportunity, use only to ensure air superiority otherwise stick to j.C.
j.C : if you can use it in the air (you are not trying to out prioritize mai or someone) then do so, it leads to your combos and is good in deep. the straight up version is excellent as well with good range and longer hit effectiveness so use it rather than the forward version in the corner. combos are j.C->s.B->hcf+C, j.C->c.B->db-f+Bx2 or in the corner j.C->s.A->s.Cx3->qcb+Ax2 and j.C->df+A->s.Cx2->dp+A.

[specials]
qcb+B : the move you need to abuse, create options after it (especially when it gets blocked) and that is hon's whole game, why well the fact its deceptive and will get you single hits here and there, it catches ppl out of the air, it has little or no recovery if used at anything but "too close" range and is easily followed by things like c.Bx2->etc or a dp+A. use at med to med long a lot!
hcf+C : use this a lot too, counters way too much for a counter which is great :) can be comboed into, grabs jumpers as they leave or land and is recovered from quickly. doesnt build bar unfortunately. watch out for half hits which leave the opponent standing though they'll prolly be more surprised than you.
qcb+A : only use in combos and make sure to use the ending of it or you are going to get HIT. combo is in the corner to be safe, j.C->s.A->s.Cx3->this or a rush combo (when they forget to block) s.C (1 or 2 hits)->qcb+Ax2.
dp+A : not a bad anti air though to be honest it won't hit a standing opponent at anything but point blank, this is made up for by recovery. basically you can tack it onto the end of any attack with deceptive recovery to catch an over eager attacker. even if blocked you are usually safe. use in the df+A->s.Cx2 combo to juggle off the launcher hit. dont use the dp+C version unless the opponent jumps at you from full screen.
db-f+B : can be used to trick and hit low (due to it's good speed) at mid to mid long range (a waiting opponent) though don't rely on this strat too much, just as a bit of mix up. otherwise strictly used in a combo after c.B. always use the finisher on it otherwise you'll be prone as.
qcb+C : the pay off is not usually worth the effort with this move BUT mastering it (that is ways to work it in to several attack patterns) will keep your opponent guessing like no other character can, try comboing it into s.B's or straight after a j.C. use it as the opponent wakes up in front of you and dash into it... it will frustrate your opponent no end and shut them down which benefits hon a rush character. three strikes and you are 99% guaranteed the rush super like move it provides, good damage and kills opponents morale :) fun!

[supers]
spower : if it misses you are incredibly prone, even if it hits the damage is average at best. the position of the opponent can also cause different results such as only certain parts of the super landing. in other words i wouldnt use this unless you can combo into it from a s.C or something and then only when you are guaranteed to hit.
ppower : average at best, to use this youll need to learn the range otherwise you are going to be very prone, indeed anything less than a hit is probably going to leave you very prone, basically don't use it unless you are going to hit with it. this is good against plane shifted opponents. wont combo, its too slow.

[bnb combos]
-j.C->s.B->hcf+C
-j.C->c.B->db-f+Bx2
-j.C->c.Bx2->c.C
-in corner j.C->s.A->s.cx3->qcb+Ax2
-in corner j.C->df+A->s.Cx2->dp+A
-pushing combo j.C->s.C(2hits)->qcb+B

[strats]
hon fu is all about rushing, he's even more rush than chonrei, youve no need to rush out and fb or move out any further than mid to midclose in relation to your opponent. his hopped A (j.A) or j.C hopped will give you amazing priority, for damage when you land with a hopped j.C combo into c.Bx2->c.C, or just the c.C for a guaranteed knock down. try and knock your opponent down as much as possible then cross up from a dash with the D button turn cross up or dash back and qcb+B from the dash as the opponent gets up. try using the hcf+C as the opponent gets up as well for a mixup option. basically keep the pressure up, mixup your on a waking up opponent game and dash in and out a lot, with that and some good combo damage on prone opponents (s.B->hcf+C does good damage) you should do well.

Last edited:

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
just bought the RB2 neocd today, and just printed this pages ! i will try some of this combos tonight or tomorrow :)

E=MC2

um its better to use the dp+C after df+A, C, C, since it does more damage. good combos for corner are, j+C, A, C, b+AC, A, C, depending on distance ad another C or do your spower.

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
After two day of playing, i find this real bout really interesting, far better graphically than the first one, and seem fastest (maybe not).

too bad i havent a practice mode, anyways this thread was interesting and tried some thing with yamazaki !

And after playing with all character, i find terry,andy, king and rick really good for combo, actually my favorite character is chonrei and yamazaki, like in the first real bout, and i see a potential monster with tung, i understand why beelzebubble play with them.

And i really enjoyed all new animation, and new way to play for all characters. too bad i havent no one to play against me !

Anyways thank everyone for this nice thread !

oh about RB2 in neocd, the loading arent bad, honestly, for a neocd game i think the loading are really nice !

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
played some more Geese
the fact that his b+B command move can be cancelled into special moves seems really fucked up, as it makes his command throw (and P.Power) so much more powerful. kind of hard to believe now that things are balanced out nicely.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
revised (23/11/04)

high : bob, chonrei, geese, kim. terry.
mid high : andy, cheng, krauzer, mai, xiang, rick, yama.
mid : chonshu, duck, franco, honfu, joe, sokaku.
low : billy, blue mary, lawrence, tung.

Last edited:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
++++++brief strats++++++

ANDY

best range : close/close to mid

[normals]
s.A : short range and average speed for a light make this pretty pointless. s.B beats it out in both range and speed though maybe not in recovery. still rely on the s.B especially seeing as recovery isnt much of an issue and the s.B is part of a two hit chain (s.Bx2) which is deceptively fast and can be comboed into a dp+C in the corner (must be quite close to hit with it).
s.B : good fast poke, part of a chain and relatively safe. still andy has a better poke routine in close so dont make this too much of your game.
s.C : tacked onto about two crouching A's it can be ok on a standing opponent as a poke chain, or to catch a jumper. thing is if you miss youll be very prone. basically you are better off not trying to add it into your patterns. its an average poke at best and doesnt compare to any of the good s.C pokes. besides which you will not really want to play andy poke. note the dashing version is not to bad if you dash from about mid range. has better range and recovery, try to pressure after fb's of catch jumpers.
c.A : his best crouching light (out of A/B). fast, can combo three times in the corner and easily comboed into his "spam/abuse" dash attack (db-f+A/C). c.Ax2->c.C->db-f+A is his best push combo while his best/easiest bnb on a j.C hit is j.C->c.A->db-f+A. C version of the dash attack will also combo. c.Ax2 will occasionally not combo so better to stick with c.Ax1.
c.B : can be comboed into his dash attack but the timing to get 2 hits from this (c.Bx2) is far more difficult than with c.A. recovery is worse and the extra length is not worth the trouble as a poke (coz c.C is better anyway). you dont really need to use it.
c.C : excellent move. abuse it. after c.Ax2 then tack a fireball or a dash attack (qcb+A/db-f+A/C) on the end either as a push combo or a combo. if blocked use the fast recovery on the combo to c.A or dp+C (though be careful with the dp coz if they block you are very prone). the recovery and range on this move make it one of andy's best weapons. mix it up when blocked or even not blocked by following with an fb or a dash. a good habit to get into even if you get the trip knockdown becoz the time it takes for the fb to come out will confuse the enemy if you c.C again after youve recovered from the fb or using the dash move after it even when you knock them down will keep you right in their face, andy is rush with high priority due to the speed of his moves.
j.A : priority is good, cant be comboed into and has a decent arc. quite good on a hop though the B is probably better in almost all aspects except when trying to hit really deep.
j.B : use only when trying to guarantee priority in the air, otherwise stick to j.C.
j.C : really good, great range on it for dash jumped C's from the far side of the screen. easy to combo into, a decent arc and easy to land deep. good on the way up priority wise if you use it late.
f+B : not an ovverhead, a little slow to catch people but good if you want to move forward while keeping the pressure on. good recovery. not overly useful.

[specials]
qcb+A : tack this onto the c.C at least half the time. even more so if you want because it wont leave you open. great for keeping them grounded and getting little bits of damage here and there. also use it at mid-long. can be useful at full screen for threatening and the recovery's good so you are safe but it wont hit at that range. dont use it for big combos when you want to land damage, it doesnt knock down so try an spower or the dp (only at close). good for little bits of damage here and there or for combos just out of close range off the c.C.
hcf+B : only good in combos, from very long range (near full screen) or to set up a priority hit. combo off the s.C, use it to hit someone just about to jump at mid-long range or use it on a blocking opponent and outprioritize with the dp when they try to hit you. learn the range of this move if you want to use it, can get you into trouble otherwise.
dp+C : good dp properties making it useful as a wakeup. doesnt move very far forward and goes very high so should only be used on an opponent who is just above you when using as an aa. ok in combos if the normal doesnt push to far and in the corner otherwise you can miss hits and be left prone. great enaction speed which makes it very useful for outprioritizing after blocked hits, mix this up though as your opponent will learn to punish this fast by blocking the dp.
db-f+A/C : the bread and butter of andy's game, you can use the qcb+ A to get little hits here and there off the c.C at just outside of close range but in most cases this move is better becoz it brings you in close where andy has lots of options. on a blocking opponent you can c.A to capitalize on his c.A priority and keep the opponent grounded and blocking, dp to fake out the opponent or jump over their head and cross up with the D->j.C. combos into c.Ax2 and c.B. rely mainly on the A version at anywhere up to mid range (recovery is slightly longer on the C version and the C version is harder to combo, only real advantage on the C is range). try maintaining a pressure sequence like j.C->c.Ax2->c.C->db-f+A->c.Ax2->c.C->qcb+A, something like that is the basis of a good rush down andy game.

[supers]
spower : used at the right range this is safe (anywhere past about 70% of the screen). it is good for combo's off the s.C (after 1 or 2 hits) and also as an anti air. works as mix up by using a dp after the opponent blocks this though it's a dangerous tactic that should be used infrequently (and mixed up with doing nothing after the spower is blocked to keep them guessing). useful when you master the recovery time and distancing on it.
ppower : quite safe recovery wise if you land it on a grounded opponent but it telegraphs so much it's very easy to block so the best you can expect is block damage and to be in close after it. use it in combo's and for no other reason.

[bnb combos]
-j.C->c.Ax2->db-f+A
-j.C->s.C(1 or 2 hits)->hcf+B
-j.C->s.C(2 hits is easier to combo)->spower
-
-
-

[strats]
rush down, fast and relentless with jumps from mid or further and c.A's->c.C->db-f+A and repeat. mix up by crossing up when they block the shoulder charge (better with a full jump than a hop) or jump straight up and attack with a j.B or a deep j.C on the way down for a good mix of options after the closing rush (there are more than the three mentioned above). bascically that is the position you want to be in, the opponent having blocked the shoulder charge, you right at their feet and them defending (if they outprioritize you at this point youll have to mix up your game and rely more on mid-close range c.C->fb and chip/trip damage and aa damage with the dp when they jump). basically rush rush rush!!

Last edited:

E=MC2

HEY BEEZLE COULD YOU please CHANGE THE TIER LIST A LITTLE. a few charas are on the wrong place for real.

high : geese, bob, kim, chonrei.
mid high : mai, xiang, rick, yama, terry, andy, krauzer.
mid : joe, billy, chonshu, duck, sokaku, franco, cheng, honfu.
low : tung, blue mary, lawrence.

believe me Joe is mid high at least probably even high. sokaku is defenittely a low along with mary, lawrence and tung (however they can all be (very) dangerous if used correctly) . believe it or not cheng might even be mid high since hes almost too strong to be in that row with most of those charas. that also goes for hon and billy.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
HEY BEEZLE COULD YOU please CHANGE THE TIER LIST A LITTLE. a few charas are on the wrong place for real.

high : geese, bob, kim, chonrei.
mid high : mai, xiang, rick, yama, terry, andy, krauzer.
mid : joe, billy, chonshu, duck, sokaku, franco, cheng, honfu.
low : tung, blue mary, lawrence.

believe me Joe is mid high at least probably even high. sokaku is defenittely a low along with mary, lawrence and tung (however they can all be (very) dangerous if used correctly) . believe it or not cheng might even be mid high since hes almost too strong to be in that row with most of those charas. that also goes for hon and billy.

i changed all of them except sokaku, i think hes got more options than tung and although technical can be tricky if you can use him well. ill need to put some more play in with him :)