Taco Bell Dare-Devil Grillers

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Del Taco is really damn good, I mean it's cheap as shit but they make their own stuff there and serve fries on the side.
Their bean burritos are tasty as hell.

combos-fiesta-pack.jpg

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Del Taco is really damn good, I mean it's cheap as shit but they make their own stuff there and serve fries on the side.

combos-fiesta-pack.jpg

I wish we had those in MN. We do have Zantigo, which is like a more up-scale Taco Johns.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I actually really miss Taco Bell. I used to live right next to one and since I've been at my current apartment I've barely had it. It's probably been a year or so.

Sure, I would prefer authentic Mexican food but that's not cheap or available late at night when I'm often awake and hungry.

I must go and try these new things you guys speak of. Also, I try to avoid soda these days but I love that Baja Blast. I think I had one almost every day in my last year of high school.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
I must go and try these new things you guys speak of. Also, I try to avoid soda these days but I love that Baja Blast. I think I had one almost every day in my last year of high school.

I've noticed in trips to the grocery store that they're now selling it in cans and 2 liter bottles.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've tried the one from the store and it's decent but to me the one from the fountain at Taco Bell still tastes better. This may all be in my head though.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I've tried the one from the store and it's decent but to me the one from the fountain at Taco Bell still tastes better. This may all be in my head though.

Not at all... usually the fountain mix is stronger than the bottled stuff. It's almost always better from the fountain, unless the restaurant isn't monitoring the syrup levels and it's running low.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Hi, I'll have a bean burrito w/ fries.

I can't ask for that at Taco Bel. I wish I had Of The Taco here.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Not at all... usually the fountain mix is stronger than the bottled stuff. It's almost always better from the fountain, unless the restaurant isn't monitoring the syrup levels and it's running low.

Nah..Bottle soda/root beer taste better then the fountain stuff. Especially when its perfectly chilled...I tried those bottled cokes from mexico & damn its good. I dont drink soda much but i always try to get a bottle coke when i do.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nah..Bottle soda/root beer taste better then the fountain stuff. Especially when its perfectly chilled...I tried those bottled cokes from mexico & damn its good. I dont drink soda much but i always try to get a bottle coke when i do.

I disagree...

Fountain is almost always better. As much as I like Mexican coke...fountain coke from a place like McD's is just amazing...

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
I disagree...

Fountain is almost always better. As much as I like Mexican coke...fountain coke from a place like McD's is just amazing...

It depends on the soda and your preferred level of carbonation. I used to have a terrible Mountain Dew addiction. With that said, I was able to differentiate Mountain Dew from a Can, plastic bottle and fountain as all of them were carbonated a little differently.

My preference was the canned Dew.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Syrup to soda mixes are adjustable so there is no guarantee that any one fountain will even be set up the same from one to the next. Although, I'm sure the Taco Bell caliber employee probably has no idea how to adjust two knobs on their own so whichever Pepsi tech is being called in is the one setting the soda strength.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Gotta get into the soda machines service menuz.
Seriously whoever thought giving people that much choice on a singular soda machine thought way too highly of mankind.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
It depends on the soda and your preferred level of carbonation. I used to have a terrible Mountain Dew addiction. With that said, I was able to differentiate Mountain Dew from a Can, plastic bottle and fountain as all of them were carbonated a little differently.

This man knows wat's up. (I also much prefer my Dew in a can. And yes, they do all taste a bit different)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

I'm still not sure which I like. I think I prefer Mt. Dew with real sugar in a can, but I'll still drink it from a fountain.

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
Need to try mild still, I expect it to just be the cheese from the Quesaritos.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Throwback is decent, but I still prefer the regular ol' Mountain Dew. Anybody get a chance to try Dewshine? Tastes like a really flat Mountain Dew.

7234273_G.jpg

Don't bother...it's not very good.

I did an A-vs-B-vs-C a few months back. Throwback vs canned original vs Dewshine. I personally still like the Throwback the best (some don't) but no one liked the Dewshine. Very "chemical" tasting stuff. Same sugar/mouth feel as the Throwback but the taste was off.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, Dewshine is weird shit. Didn't taste anything like Dew to me. In fact, it didn't taste like much at all really.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, Dewshine is weird shit. Didn't taste anything like Dew to me. In fact, it didn't taste like much at all really.

Yeah...not sure what Pepsi was thinking with that blend. Kind of bland, "thin", and boring...and then there's the chemical taste. Definitely not what the average MD drinker looks for.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I agree with smokehouse. I still like the throwback the most.

I've been cutting back on the caffeine lately. That's what put me in the hospital was that I was abusing caffeine and had insomnia. I drank like 7 cans a day. I'm trying to keep it to 1-2 a day in before 4pm.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member

i've yet to have mountain dew from fountain. and I also prefer in a can

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
it just doesn't look appealing for some reason, i've always like cans better. And I didn't have dew until my 20s.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Finally got around to trying the Ghost Pepper one today, and it's very spicy, but not the spiciest thing I've ever had. Good value for the money though. I think the next time I will try the mild chipotle one.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm intrigued by this as I'm someone who really loves hot peppers, so much so that I grow a lot of different varieties including Carolina Reapers. I'd especially like to try the habanero once since that's my go to pepper for anything.

I'm guessing these are more about the flavor than the actual heat. There's no way they're going to serve ghost pepper anything at full strength. They'd have (frivolous) lawsuits on their hands.