Taco Bell Dare-Devil Grillers

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Taco Bell was always a crap shoot (pun unintended but it works :keke: ). Sometimes it made me shit bad, sometimes I was fine. But when I had to shit, it was never earlier than the next morning, thank god.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Taco Bell was always a crap shoot (pun unintended but it works :keke: ). Sometimes it made me shit bad, sometimes I was fine. But when I had to shit, it was never earlier than the next morning, thank god.

100% honest? Taco Bell has never made me sick or anything close, neither had Burger King, Long John Silvers, McDonalds, etc.

The only two places that have made me seriously ill are Pizza Hut and Hardee's. Hardee's has actually made me violently ill twice.

My beef with Taco Bell is the insane salt content of their food and often the lack of flavor. If I'm going to eat shit, at least I want it to be tasty shit. I'll come right out and say that the 2 cheeseburger meal from McDonalds is still good to this day. Those fries and McD Coke is perfect every time. Same with LJH fish...horrible for you but damn is it good, especially when paired with A&W rootbeer. Another favorite is Popeyes chicken...always good.

With places like that out there for when I'm feeling filthy, I skip over Taco Bell...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who thinks the regular cheeseburger is the best thing on the menu. I sometimes get weird looks when I order 2 regular cheeseburgers, and not a McDouble or something.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who thinks the regular cheeseburger is the best thing on the menu. I sometimes get weird looks when I order 2 regular cheeseburgers, and not a McDouble or something.

It's tough to hate on a McD cheeseburger...(let alone 2 that come in the combo), some delicious fries and a coke. That there is an American meal. I can honestly say that in memory...I have never been let down by that combo. Hell, if the fries are cold you can literally go up front and demand new ones...and they'll give them to you.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I actually had the chipotle one today and I gotta say it was well worth the $1.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
It's tough to hate on a McD cheeseburger...(let alone 2 that come in the combo), some delicious fries and a coke. That there is an American meal. I can honestly say that in memory...I have never been let down by that combo. Hell, if the fries are cold you can literally go up front and demand new ones...and they'll give them to you.

I've been enjoying their Double Cheeseburger with small fries for $2.50 a lot recently. Their burger's have always hit the spot
I'm also quite partial to their steak egg and cheese bagel in the morning.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
100% honest? Taco Bell has never made me sick or anything close, neither had Burger King, Long John Silvers, McDonalds, etc.

The only two places that have made me seriously ill are Pizza Hut and Hardee's. Hardee's has actually made me violently ill twice.

My beef with Taco Bell is the insane salt content of their food and often the lack of flavor. If I'm going to eat shit, at least I want it to be tasty shit. I'll come right out and say that the 2 cheeseburger meal from McDonalds is still good to this day. Those fries and McD Coke is perfect every time. Same with LJH fish...horrible for you but damn is it good, especially when paired with A&W rootbeer. Another favorite is Popeyes chicken...always good.

With places like that out there for when I'm feeling filthy, I skip over Taco Bell...

Yup, 100% honest.

I never got actual sick off the food, but I'd have diarrhea the next morning guaranteed. One location by my work was so bad I had to stop going there. The one by my house is 50/50. Sometimes I'm fine the next day, and others I'm on the toilet 3 times before noon.

P.S.- McD's sucks except for their breakfast menu.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Also had a Mexican pizza for the first time in years. It's not as good as I remember.

I had a similar experience not too long ago. Back in the 90s they added green pepper and olive on the mexican pizza. Now it's just a blob of orangey-red stuff.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yup, 100% honest.

I never got actual sick off the food, but I'd have diarrhea the next morning guaranteed. One location by my work was so bad I had to stop going there. The one by my house is 50/50. Sometimes I'm fine the next day, and others I'm on the toilet 3 times before noon.

P.S.- McD's sucks except for their breakfast menu.

Oh my god the steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel is lovingly drippy greasy mess of a guilty pleasure.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I had a similar experience not too long ago. Back in the 90s they added green pepper and olive on the mexican pizza. Now it's just a blob of orangey-red stuff.

THIS, this is one thing that pisses me off about Taco Bell. They used to put green onion on the nacho supreme as well but stopped some time around 2000 because of a case of either salmonella or ecoli. Bullshit.

I have had both the habenero and the ghost pepper and I liked both of them quite a bit.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I have had food poisoning twice. Once from Taco Bell and once from Five Guys.

That particular TB was and still is a shit hole but the one closest to me I've never had a problem with. Five Guys I guess just had a bad batch of something, had the runs for 2 days.

The TB poisoning was horrible though. Like 3 days of intense puking, shitting, sweats, cold chills etc. Almost had to go to the hospital. Worst I've ever felt in my life.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I've only ever had food poisoning from Delorenzo's(local wood ocen pizza place,) and from a can of cheap tuna fish a few years back. Never had any issues with TB. You just gotta build up a tolerance for it :keke:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Taco Bell gets hate, but I like me some and I also don't have the issues some folks have. It's cheap and I like the flavor. That's a double winner in my house.

I agree with you. It's decent "tex/mex" fare at a reasonable price. It's on the way home from work, so I stop there from time to time.

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
Habanero was decent but Ghost Pepper was amazing. They're really not bad and for $1 it's absolutely worth it.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Well,
I've now defecated 3 times this AM and it's def like shitting some icy hot. It might have been these or the 5 spicy chicken tenders from popeyes (that were literally each the size of a full chicken breast) that I had for dinner. The thing is, I love popeyes too much to think it would try to hurt me.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I eat this 5 times a week with no shame.

I did for awhile and got so sick of Hamburgers or Chicken. I stick with The Grilled Asian or the mexican salad now. It's a little more $$ but it's worth it.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The burrito supreme of 1987 was the greatest food item ever made.

Black olives >

TB did an overhaul in the early 90's - they used to use real ground beef in their food.

Pintos & cheese were 100 times better.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Tried all three today, figured for a buck each it was worth a shot.

One more vote for Habanero being the best. That one was pretty damn good. Chipotle was okay (kind of bland but a little more kick at times), and Ghost Pepper was seriously hot- hotter than I expected for a fast food place.

Would buy again, I think.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The burrito supreme of 1987 was the greatest food item ever made.

Black olives >

TB did an overhaul in the early 90's - they used to use real ground beef in their food.

Pintos & cheese were 100 times better.

When I worked there in the early 90's, the beef, steak, and chicken were all pre-made boil-in-bag and the beans came dehydrated. You just added hot water to them and stirred them up.

Taco Johns still cooks the meat fresh...raw hamburger in a giant tub and they throw in the seasonings...I've seen them do it from time to time.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Taco Johns still cooks the meat fresh...raw hamburger in a giant tub and they throw in the seasonings...I've seen them do it from time to time.

Place is good. There used to be one in town, but the indie gas station went under and became an SA and now the space where the taco johns used to be went under and is a ghost town. There's one near where I play pinball tourneys.

As far as taco bell goes, I like to order the XXL Grilled stuft burrito (it has guac) and bag of potatoes.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The grilled stuft burrito is legit, although I prefer it the way they used to make it, with no guacamole or bean and more meat and baja sauce (or whatever was in it.)

Lately I've been grabbing the combo burrito. Simple yet good as long as they put more meat than bean in it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
That beef and potato burrito at Taco Johns

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The grilled stuft burrito is legit, although I prefer it the way they used to make it, with no guacamole or bean and more meat and baja sauce (or whatever was in it.)

Lately I've been grabbing the combo burrito. Simple yet good as long as they put more meat than bean in it.

The combo burrito has always been a favorite of mine...I would get it no-onions, add sour cream. Delicious.

BTW...this damn conversation had me craving fast food tacos. Last night my wife called me out of the blue offering to bring home Taco Johns...winner.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
The combo burrito has always been a favorite of mine...I would get it no-onions, add sour cream. Delicious.

BTW...this damn conversation had me craving fast food tacos. Last night my wife called me out of the blue offering to bring home Taco Johns...winner.

I miss the triple steak stack.