SVC Chaos's GREATEST mystery...?

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Dash no Chris:
eight one:
So if Poison is a "guy", then Cody must be gay (or have gay intentions). Check 'her' ending in FFR....... eek_2
In Poison's Final Fight Revenge ending, Cody is framed for Mad Gear's crimes and jailed (in his purple'n'white prison stripes from SFZ3). Poison pines after Cody, but Cody is pining after Jessica from his jail cell. How does Poison lusting after Cody (an idea only CAPCOM USA, the maker of FFR, has espoused) make Cody gay?

--Chris
I don't know, nor do I give a shit.

F

FoodshipNine

eight one:
Dash no Chris:
eight one:
So if Poison is a "guy", then Cody must be gay (or have gay intentions). Check 'her' ending in FFR....... eek_2
In Poison's Final Fight Revenge ending, Cody is framed for Mad Gear's crimes and jailed (in his purple'n'white prison stripes from SFZ3). Poison pines after Cody, but Cody is pining after Jessica from his jail cell. How does Poison lusting after Cody (an idea only CAPCOM USA, the maker of FFR, has espoused) make Cody gay?

--Chris
Eight one, you are fucking moron! How can you say cody is a gay? He is the best character in SFZ3!!

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
FoodshipNine:
Eight one, you are fucking moron! How can you say cody is a gay? He is the best character in SFZ3!!
What does that have to do with shit? Alexander the great loved the cock and steamrolled all of the known western world. And the best character in z3 is v-ism akuma.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
FoodshipNine:
J_Hendrix, do you know what these words mean? Everytime I turn around I see you flingin' words you can't carry. Watch your mouth Swed.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
the binary c0de:
FoodshipNine:
J_Hendrix, do you know what these words mean? Everytime I turn around I see you flingin' words you can't carry. Watch your mouth Swed.
spock

You talking to me or is FoodshipNine J_Hendrix's new handle?

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
the binary c0de:
FoodshipNine:
spock

You talking to me or is FoodshipNine J_Hendrix's new handle?
Thats his / her new name. No ones got beef with you brah.

eight one

Igniz's Servent
FoodshipNine:
eight one:
Dash no Chris:
eight one:

--Chris
Oh my.

I've just been called a moron by one of the most useless people to ever grace the net. :cringe:

Funny to hear that from a guy who has 90% (if not more) of neo-geo.com against him.

xFinnPetersx

Crazed MVS Addict
Um... i'm not sure about there being no Hugo-Andore Connection. (these comments directed at Dash no Chris) obviously i'll go on believing that Hugo is Andore Jr., as i believe there's no reason to dispute that. Capcom can not and should not make "official" statements about every piece of minutia... especially if they are ones that can obviously be linked through conjecture.

i take most of the stuff in the Street Fighter Plot Canon Guide for scripture because what he isn't completely sure about, or what has been deduced, or presumed, or conjectured is clearly labeled as so. i own All About Capcom but my japanese skills aren't even close to being able to read it... so maybe you/DnC have more proof than me. but i believe the SFPCG has translated tons of it to get facts, and therefore i think reading up on canon over there is all-inclusive-enough (for me).

<a href="http://www.orochi.com/sffaq/" target="_blank">http://www.orochi.com/sffaq/</a> , that's the address. even though this discussion may be growing tedious/repeatative let's at least sort this hugo issue out (or at least agree to disagree).

out,
xFPx
P.S.: i'm also really interested in where Violent/Brainwashed Ken is from. it'd be cool if it's from new plot featuring Goenitz or whatever... but it'd also be cool if he was the Psycho Engine version from the anime. this info will probably come from endings.
P.P.S.: did anyone wrap up the Bao question? cause i can't... we'll probably have to wait for endings on that one too.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
While I am the greatest supporter of Tiamat's Plot Canon Guide, the page you're referring to is pretty old, version 2.6. Hugo and Andore being separate is quite a new fact in that guide.

<a href="http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/misc/file/street_fighter_plot.txt" target="_blank">http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/misc/file/street_fighter_plot.txt</a>

This is one of the newest editions of the guide, version 3.8.

The thing is, we started compiling the PCG (it got it's own acronym... oooh, I feel so proud ^_^) in late 2001. Chris has been reading the books where this info was found for a lot longer than that, so I'd expect him to know more.

xFinnPetersx

Crazed MVS Addict
SiegfriedFM:
While I am the greatest supporter of Tiamat's Plot Canon Guide, the page you're referring to is pretty old, version 2.6. Hugo and Andore being separate is quite a new fact in that guide.

<a href="http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/misc/file/street_fighter_plot.txt" target="_blank">http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/misc/file/street_fighter_plot.txt</a>

This is one of the newest editions of the guide, version 3.8.

The thing is, we started compiling the PCG (it got it's own acronym... oooh, I feel so proud ^_^) in late 2001. Chris has been reading the books where this info was found for a lot longer than that, so I'd expect him to know more.
yeah i'd like to read a newer version. at one point i was reading one version that had pictures sparcely thrown here and there. but yeah the only link i can find consistently is that one at Orochi.whatever. so yeah i'd love to read that... so could you post a link that works or tell me where to find that FAQ on GameFAQs.

*edit: also...
Dash no Chris:
Then why isn't he called Andore in SFIII2nd, SFIII3rd, or SVC?
my only answer/guess at this question is:
Andre the Giant had been dead for a while and CoA & CoJ did not want to be sued OR be insensetive to all AtheG fans out there.

just a psuedo-guess... which may be one answer among many.

also... is Poison ever called by name in the SFIII series. i'm not gonna go check every source i have (play the game, or look at my AAC book) but i'll rely on you to tell me if she is. from what i can remember she is not referenced by name, but we consider her poison because she looks exactly like her Final Fight counter-part.

my feeling is that it's to the point of using Ockham's razor, because saying hugo is one of the Andores is simpiler than saying capcom made a totally different character with the same looks as an Andore and then partnered him up with a long time Andore associate (Poison). Just because capcom hasn't made an official statement either way doesn't mean both answers are not possible until finally confirmed. but tell me what you think DnC.

out,
xFPx

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: xFinnPetersx ]</small>

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
One thing I gathered:

Someone said that in the Japanese development stages they made Poison and Roxy, but they figured that the US audience wouldn't be big on hitting women so they "changed" them to be transvestites in the story (since that was common in Japan). Capcom USA still edited the sprites and essentially all that BS they did in Japan was for nothing.

Now the story has changed some, and she's now a woman, so some people are saying he/she got an operation? Come on.

She was designed as a woman, and called something else for political reasons.

Poison is a chick (from conception), let the fapping commence!! tickled eek_2

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
The link works if you copy it. I only have version 3.4 up on Fighter Mania, I really should update.

Anyway, Poison was last stated to be a "new half" which means she is a transsexual. She hasn't appeared in any other games since 2000 so it's still official.

And yeah, AAC states that she's in SF3.

xFPx, do you work on Fighter's Generation? There's some crap information there that really needs an update. I think I've counted to seven major errors in Ryu's bio alone.

xFinnPetersx

Crazed MVS Addict
SiegfriedFM:
The link works if you copy it. I only have version 3.4 up on Fighter Mania, I really should update.

Anyway, Poison was last stated to be a "new half" which means she is a transsexual. She hasn't appeared in any other games since 2000 so it's still official.

And yeah, AAC states that she's in SF3.

xFPx, do you work on Fighter's Generation? There's some crap information there that really needs an update. I think I've counted to seven major errors in Ryu's bio alone.
very subtle plug for fighter mania. i love fighter mania. i check your site a hell of a lot. love the redesign.

ok cool about poison ... god i wish i could read this AAC that is now sitting right in front of me. i can't wait until i get the new artbook... has anyone/you seen that?

um i don't work for FG, just a fan. i know it has quite a few errors but i'm more a fan for its art rather than canon. i don't think the guy that does it is too active in the scene (i'm super guessing) and just scours for pictures and stuff.

yeah but, yeah... good work with FM,
xFPx

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: xFinnPetersx ]</small>

xFinnPetersx

Crazed MVS Addict
Copied directly from Street Fighter PCG<strong> "The artbook released in the year 2003, Street Fighter Eternal, states
that Hugo is from Final Fight. All About Capcom does not list any Hugo
appearances in Final Fight. There is no Japanese source that states Hugo
is Andore, Street Fighter Eternal included. ...I'm wondering if Hugo is an
Andore but Capcom just keeps forgetting to actually SAY that or something,
but this is getting kind of silly. Oh yea, separate bios in All About
Capcom probably doesn't mean very much considering that Shin Akuma and
Final Vega/Bison have separate bios from Akuma and Bison."
Hugo is in Final Fight so says capcom in an official art book. they don't say he's an Andore but it has to be assumed (or at least i am) that he is one of the Andores (jr., uncle, etc...) because that's the only character in Final Fight that looks like him in those games and he is now officially stated to be in them so he has to be someone.

Hugo & Andore are listed seperately in AAC because they are in different games FFR vs. SFIII. The Andore listed in FFR is not hugo... because Hugo is most likely Andore Jr (or he could be any of the other relatives), so he's not listed as Hugo because he's not.

Am i missing it or am i right and AAC does not even feature the original Final Fight series. i see a FFR section but no FF section. the title of the book is "AAC head to head fighting games 1987-2000"... is it not? yeah... ./?

so at this point i'm summing all this info up as:
(official) Hugo is in FF. (not official) probably as a part of the Andore family, which one not specified. another non-Hugo Andore-family-member fought in FFR, most likely Andore Sr.

i bet/guess Hugo rejected mad gear & his family in mad gear and went off with poison to form the HWA. maybe he dropped the Andore from his name to seperate himself from the notorious Mad Gear. etc. etc.

capcom did almost zero story for SFIII characters so it's no suprise to me that they didn't bother to mention/flesh-out Hugo's backhistory. but i don't blame them because they have alot of work to do (with shitty non-2d games), their schedules are full. continuity slaves (not calling names... and if i was i'd have to call myself a semi-continuity slave) may get caught up on what Capcom may have not offically said, but i think they only don't say/print some things because they can assume we (the fans) are going to fill in the plot holes by using deduction, semi-proof, logic, etc...

i don't know... maybe we have to still wait on capcom's word but i'm willing to say Hugo is an Andore and most likely Andore Jr.

fan-ficion,
xFPx

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: xFinnPetersx ]</small>

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Stop changing the subject, people... We're talkin' about Poison here!...

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Talen:
mog:
Talen:
Poison is also a transsexual packing some big meat. No idea what relationship Bao has with hugo. I thought hugo was looking for a replacement tag partner...why not use the one in his fro?
No.
No what? Poison isn't a tranny? He is, seriously. There have been a couple threads on this. You know Mike Haggar would never beat up a woman, but smash the crap out of a slutted up tranny? Now that's Mike Haggar!
I simply won't believe it man. Have you seen her cameos in SFIII. She's fuckin HOT. And she's only a fuckin sprite, yet she arouses in me something. Those long statuesque legs and flowing pink hair. Them daisy dukes and tig ol bitties poppin out of her tank top.
Shame on YOU!!!!!

S

Simbob4000

Originally posted by Dash no Chris
Well FFR was made by Capcom USA and they still don't think Poison is a man. so for this game Poison is a woman but still. but your question is kind of dumb because it is "How does Poison lusting after Cody." just because Poison is a man and lust after Cody doesn't mean that Cody is lusting after him. so the answer is easy Cody is not gay unless he loves Poison but Poison is gay.
think of it this way if a gay guy likes you but you done like them that doesn't make you are gay same thing for a woman that likes a gay guy she can like him but that doesn't change the fact that he's gay

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Simbob4000 ]</small>

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Simbob4000:
Dash no Chris
Well FFR was made by Capcom USA and they still don't think Poison is a man. so for this game Poison is a woman but still. but your question is kind of dumb because it is "How does Poison lusting after Cody." just because Poison is a man and lust after Cody doesn't mean that Cody is lusting after him. so the answer is easy Cody is not gay unless he loves Poison but Poison is gay.
think of it this way if a gay guy likes you but you done like them that doesn't make you are gay same thing for a woman that likes a gay guy she can like him but that doesn't change the fact that he's gay
Dude, I'm perfectly aware that Gay Guy "A" lusting after Straight Guy "B" does not make "B" gay. If you look at the very top of page 4 of this thread you'll see that I asked this "kind of dumb" question in response to eight one's post, in which he said:
eight one:
--Chris

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Dash no Chris ]</small>

Rugal-B

n00b
In Japan Final Fight, Poison is a girl. In Occidental Final Fight, Poison is a guy called Billy. Everywhere else (countries and other games), she is a girl. Bonus question :What was the name of the other girl in final fight ??

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Isn't there a multitude of better things to argue over?