1st to ten

then orochi next

lalalallalalaa

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm on my friend's 360 right now under Bunneh Bunz I have marvel and ssf4 lmk what's up!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
GGs. I didn't quit because I lost, but because my roommate was offering to buy dinner. I would've stuck around longer if he didn't offer delicious food. We should do it again sometime! (btw that Zangief was my roommate)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
GGs. I didn't quit because I lost, but because my roommate was offering to buy dinner. I would've stuck around longer if he didn't offer delicious food. We should do it again sometime! (btw that Zangief was my roommate)
GGs, you can def rock that Cody. I'm still so green on this game but I'm gonna be sitting down with it and learn how to play it right. The timing is so different, did you see my ST shenanigans? Oh man I gotta get with the times.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
GGs, you can def rock that Cody. I'm still so green on this game but I'm gonna be sitting down with it and learn how to play it right. The timing is so different, did you see my ST shenanigans? Oh man I gotta get with the times.

Yeah, however it's really hard to win with him if the other person has good air attacks. I really have to put pressure on with his f+hk and f+mp. If I'm lucky, I can escape crossups with his d+mk. I noticed those ST shenanigans. Sucks that most of them don't work, but Dee Jay is a solid character regardless.

Did you know any of those people or were they just random dudes that showed up?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, however it's really hard to win with him if the other person has good air attacks. I really have to put pressure on with his f+hk and f+mp. If I'm lucky, I can escape crossups with his d+mk. I noticed those ST shenanigans. Sucks that most of them don't work, but Dee Jay is a solid character regardless.

Did you know any of those people or were they just random dudes that showed up?
I see what you mean, this game is all about pressure, seems like everything is so far to reach though, everything moves slower, maybe it's not slow and it's just me being deceived by the smooth animation? I dunno, the game looks superb though. I really need to get in gear, any tips are always welcomed.

Those were random dudes, no lie though when you left I started a winning streak, guess I'm not hat horrible, but still I got lots to learn.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I see what you mean, this game is all about pressure, seems like everything is so far to reach though, everything moves slower, maybe it's not slow and it's just me being deceived by the smooth animation? I dunno, the game looks superb though. I really need to get in gear, any tips are always welcomed.

Those were random dudes, no lie though when you left I started a winning streak, guess I'm not hat horrible, but still I got lots to learn.

It's a fun game, man. So many people shit on it, but I haven't had this much fun with a fighter since CvS2. That, and pushing so god damn hard to compete with Cody is exciting for me. The game is a mixed bag as far as speed goes. You can run all over people with Makoto and Ibuki, but regular characters definitely take time to get used to them and their speed like Ryu.

The game is just so completely different, so I say give it time and practice. Pretty soon you'll be crushing people in no time. All you need to do is get a hang of the engine, which isn't too hard.

Those random dudes were pissing me off. Especially that one from Canada. The lag was giving him free fireballs because I would either not jump in time or just too soon. I was having fun with us just going at it, busting random characters. Glad to hear you got on a win streak and crushed them.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's a fun game, man. So many people shit on it, but I haven't had this much fun with a fighter since CvS2. That, and pushing so god damn hard to compete with Cody is exciting for me. The game is a mixed bag as far as speed goes. You can run all over people with Makoto and Ibuki, but regular characters definitely take time to get used to them and their speed like Ryu.

The game is just so completely different, so I say give it time and practice. Pretty soon you'll be crushing people in no time. All you need to do is get a hang of the engine, which isn't too hard.

Those random dudes were pissing me off. Especially that one from Canada. The lag was giving him free fireballs because I would either not jump in time or just too soon. I was having fun with us just going at it, busting random characters. Glad to hear you got on a win streak and crushed them.
I'm going to give it my best. I think the first thing will be to start them challenges and understand the way combos connect in here. Also I want to start mixing the focus attack better, I mean you can cancel stuff for free with the focus attack, so I think I should take advantage of that. Just playing the computer isn't teaching me much so as soon as I have online access I'm gonna be playing this online along with Marvel, yesterday I tried getting some marvel matches too bu I couldn't get any and then I had to stop 'cause we were going to watch Death at a Funeral.

I know playing online is gonna be rough given my noobness to the game and everyone being so ahead but I'm a good learner, I might not be quick but I can def learn. Thanks for the matches, it's always fun and educating playing against you. Hopefully we'll get some more going soon. I've notice eversals in this game are really sharp, on ST and even other SF games can be more of a chance thing.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Evil Ryu is coming to arcades (for real this time) sometime next week.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm going to give it my best. I think the first thing will be to start them challenges and understand the way combos connect in here. Also I want to start mixing the focus attack better, I mean you can cancel stuff for free with the focus attack, so I think I should take advantage of that. Just playing the computer isn't teaching me much so as soon as I have online access I'm gonna be playing this online along with Marvel, yesterday I tried getting some marvel matches too bu I couldn't get any and then I had to stop 'cause we were going to watch Death at a Funeral.

I know playing online is gonna be rough given my noobness to the game and everyone being so ahead but I'm a good learner, I might not be quick but I can def learn. Thanks for the matches, it's always fun and educating playing against you. Hopefully we'll get some more going soon. I've notice eversals in this game are really sharp, on ST and even other SF games can be more of a chance thing.

I want to encourage you EG, but online is awful. Gimicky shit and loads of lag. Find a couple people you can practice with and just AVOID ranked. All it has done is piss me off

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I usually play arcade mode with FR turned on. If I get green bars Im good. Its really really rare that I get lag with people. Next time you're able to EG, we'll do private slots and go at it for a long time. The more you play others, the better you'll get. Are you going to main Dee Jay or another character?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
So with Evil Ryu in and Oni coming I've come to realize this game is starting to feel like the many home ports of Alpha 3 with all the crammed in extra characters. I mean, its awesome to add more characters and all, but I'd like to see the existing characters balanced before adding more.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I usually play arcade mode with FR turned on. If I get green bars Im good. Its really really rare that I get lag with people. Next time you're able to EG, we'll do private slots and go at it for a long time. The more you play others, the better you'll get. Are you going to main Dee Jay or another character?
I'm liking DJ, also I've been thinking of playing with Abel as well , but if I can play with a good number of characters that would be great. I guess DJ is a fine start, also Ryu but just 'cause for me he's the stepping stone on all SF games.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm liking DJ, also I've been thinking of playing with Abel as well , but if I can play with a good number of characters that would be great. I guess DJ is a fine start, also Ryu but just 'cause for me he's the stepping stone on all SF games.

DeeJay got much better in AE. In console he is ok, but has some big gaps in his game.

On the flip Abel is pretty top in console, but got nerfed HARD in AE.

Ryu is all around good, not as good as he was in Vanilla, but that was a fluke.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah I notice DJ has a lot of gaps like he does in Alpha 3 Upper, he's not ST that's for sure. Hey, they still have to make a ST version of SF4, you never know, they might be hope still.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Yeah I notice DJ has a lot of gaps like he does in Alpha 3 Upper, he's not ST that's for sure. Hey, they still have to make a ST version of SF4, you never know, they might be hope still.

They've been pretty adament that Super will be the last installment. Then AE happened. Hopefully they just keep updating with patches since they can do that now. Console just needs an AE patch and maybe one more balance patch after the tournament season. Then they need to do nothing else with the game. Give it some time to be played and truly discovered. Its cool and all that they can updated and patch, but you can't truly determine what a games balance is without letting the game circulate and happen. Tiers can change based on new discoveries.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
There isn't gonna be a AE patch. They are gonna add more to AE for home, then release it as a console game. Watch it happen.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
There isn't gonna be a AE patch. They are gonna add more to AE for home, then release it as a console game. Watch it happen.

Ono and Seth's hinting suggest otherwise.
In this day and age another release would simply alienate the casual fans. A patch that enables players to SEE the new content, but not forced to buy it is easily their best option.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
How does Ono's hinting mean anything otherwise? Ono just trolls stupid stuff. Watch this shit be a standard release with for 30 bucks or so.

Imagine how big a patch like that would be. Capcom might as well just write a entirely new disc.

I say a new disc comes.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its going to be a disc release with some lame excuse. 'Oh we couldnt fit all those changes into a patch'.

Just watch it happen.

I'm telling you, theres no way they will make a release DLC if they can cash in on it further by forcing a new disc.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ok so I've been playing lots and I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with the game. Playing it before was so frustrating 'cause nothing was working, now after doing most of the challenges (some of them are ridiculous!) I can understand the engine a bit better and got to come up with some of my own jazz. I'm still without online so I'm sure I'll get beaten crazy once online but that's part of the process, as I get used to online matches I'm sure things will get better.

One question, how do you unlock the remix music? It says I did when I setup the title and icon stuff but so far I got nothing! The hell man! That music is much more pumping that the default music, I'm sick of the OST, it's forgettable, I want the rival music, it says that you can do this and I have it turned on and nothing. Just in case I started playing the arcade mode on hardest and have beaten it with several characters and still nothing! I'm playing it on the PS3, if anyone knows how to make it work, please lmk. Thanks.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
When you select the remixed themes in the options menu, they only play during vs. battles, either online or local. It always plays P2's theme. You're not hearing it because it doesn't play in Arcade Mode except, I believe, for the Rival stage.