Super SFIV match thread

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
pro at online means having a shoddy internet connection.

I always remind myself why I never hop on this shit an hour after the fact

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma are unlocked in AE. They are NOT boss characters.

ONI AKUMA

- Seems like he has normal or slightly less than average vitality, Zangief's full ultra 1 does 55% dmg from full health

- Far standing MP and HP cancellable into specials, combos into QCF+LK

- f+FP can stop 1 hit fireballs during it's active frames.

- LP -> far HP cancelable

- st.HK or F+MK Kara cancel to throw, slightly shorter range than Ken's Kara throw

- cr.HK slower and more recovery than Akuma, doesn't combo from LK Tatsu

- QCF+P; Fireball that travels about 75% of screen, then disappears. Can be held like Gouken's, then it does 2 hits and goes full screen. EX acts like a fast 2 hit fireball, can be combo'd from c.MK

- HCB+P; Electric fireball, has same properties as Akuma's HCB+P fireball. EX is faster, more damage?

- DP+P; Standard Akuma DP. Close standing 3 hits, FADC is best on the 2nd hit.

- QCF+K; Rushing spinning punch; Cannot combo after knockdown in corner?
LK - Automatically does attack, no dash. No knockdown, Only combos from clHP
MK - Quarter screen dash, then performs attack. Knocks down
HK - Half screen dash, then attacks. Crosses through opponent up close
EX - Goes through fireballs, HK distance, knocks down.

- QCB+K; Hurricane kick identical to Akuma's. Knocks opponent farther away, cannot DP or trip follow ups

- DP+K; Jumping attack, hits high, large hitbox. EX version counts as overhead.

- j.QCB+P; LP air dashes forward, MP performs downward attack, HP air dashes backward. Air dashes have minimum height and perform damaging attack on startup frames. No follow up attacks available.

- Ultra 1; Standard fireball ultra, does good damage.

- Ultra 2 HCFx2 PPP; Full animation deals 50% dmg t Zangief at full health. Non-animation deals 20% to full health Zangief and works as anti-air. Invincibility?
EVIL RYU

- Seems like he has less life than Oni, but unsure.

- far MP cancel into fireball
- far HP no cancel, like akuma's

- f+MK goes over lows, moves forward a bunch.

- standing FP kara throw, good distance

- Akuma's j.down+MK dive kick at top of jump
- f+MP : akuma's chop

- QCF+P ; normal fireball like Ryu
- HCB+P ; akuma fireball
- QCF+K ; Cool axe kick onto opponents head, only overheads on EX, relatively safe.

- DP+3P ; Teleport is just like akuma's

- Ultra 1 ; Just like Ryu's Ultra 1

- Ultra 2 ; Uppercut super Akuma used to have, has cinematic if you get the first hit, otherwise does okay damage.

- DP -> FADC -> Fireball ultra works

- EX Upper travels far forward, like Ken's FP Upper

- c.MK -> QCF+LK does good damage, can't combo after FADC
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/1/...and-evil-ryu-media-move-sets-impressions.html
vids there.

This gives hope to 2 more characters being announced. I'm still not super hyped about these two as characters, but Oni Akuma does look really cool.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
With Evil Ryu in and standard ryu being so shitty now, theres like zero incentive to even use him. Evil ryu even has the og peak jump dive kick. Unless him taking bitch damage ruins the character, you're better off just going balls out and never touching regular ryu again.

I'm worried about Oni's reverse air dash bait more then anything. Now people HAVE to use Ryu's cFP. FP srk just isn't worth the risk if he can back dash in mid air and super your ass for trying to anti. Anyone without a neutral anti air poke is fucked against that situation.

I think Blanka may end up being a godlike counter match to Oni.

This shit is getting really stupid though, reminds of more shitty DBZ upgrades.

Mexican uppercut or gtfo

Adding cool tools to a game of extreme option select have two effects, they are either way to good against certain characters, or completely useless vs others.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
This shit is getting really stupid though, reminds of more shitty DBZ upgrades.

Exactly. My first thought was "Capcom what are you doing" but I know exactly what they are doing. They're making money. But at what expense? Some fans are happy but others are like WTF. I'm done complaining about SFIV because it is what it is but my complaints are now directed solely at Capcom. This game series has turned into a really weird dream match(an annoying one at that).

I wanna try Oni Akuma(cuz of that fuckin air dash) but to me he seems totally unnecessary in the roster. Capcom has a trillion characters in their banks but they want a Dragonball Z Akuma.

Come on guys.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I also think they took the easy way out when it came to choosing the new characters. I knew they weren't going to have many, four or five but I thought they'd at least be different. I guess you can argue that Yun and Yang now are separate characters, but share a lot of the same moves. Now we just have hypercharged versions of Ryu and Akuma. After so many people complained about how bad projectile characters got hit with the nerf stick is it even going to matter?

It sucks that all of the videos I've seen are the two characters fighting each other or a mirror match. Since LWK mentioned it, I am a Blanka player so I'm wondering how the match up will be against them. I wonder if Oni will be able to Air Raging Demon through a Rainbow Ball?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

...you'll cry at the end.

this went MUGEN

WTF is that shit, a jump normal canceled to a fucking air demon? Gimme a god damn break. Thats so purely gimmick IV style stupidity its not even funny.
God, what the hell is gonna be next, hugo and urien, where hugo can do his gigas in mid air.

OMG SF IS SO COOL
SUPER SAYAJIN ONI GOUKI

Its funny. Every time they bring someone back, all I think is purely negative with it. I know it might be someone I like, and they will be intentionally weakened until AE SUPER X releases and makes them to good. There is a formula with these releases.

I wanna try evil ryu, but I hate that hole in the chest crap.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I also think they took the easy way out when it came to choosing the new characters. I knew they weren't going to have many, four or five but I thought they'd at least be different. I guess you can argue that Yun and Yang now are separate characters, but share a lot of the same moves. Now we just have hypercharged versions of Ryu and Akuma. After so many people complained about how bad projectile characters got hit with the nerf stick is it even going to matter?

It sucks that all of the videos I've seen are the two characters fighting each other or a mirror match. Since LWK mentioned it, I am a Blanka player so I'm wondering how the match up will be against them. I wonder if Oni will be able to Air Raging Demon through a Rainbow Ball?

Discard my entire opinion of that idea. I had no idea he had air demon. It'll be some 50/50 gimmick. Then at high level when he has the demon, it'll only be good to scare people into staying seated and using dumb fucking neutral anti's, it'll just be retarded oni jumping in and dashing back constantly, while blanka just sits there in crouching position waiting to up ball his ass, and eventually when oni does jump in, he'll get sRH'd by blanka. Braindead stuff.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
who wants to play me and tell me what I'm doing wrong on this stupid ass game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
who wants to play me and tell me what I'm doing wrong on this stupid ass game.

You know what you're doing wrong, you're putting this shit in your PS3 instead of using it for the frisbee it was intended to be.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Didn't care for this game since day one. Glad to hear I'm not alone on this.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
You know what you're doing wrong, you're putting this shit in your PS3 instead of using it for the frisbee it was intended to be.
You're right. I felt that way after playing against my friend all night. I felt like I had to dumb myself down to play this but not really. I really just can't seem to adjust to this game. My friend doesn't even play fighters seriously and doesn't understand the depth of them. He really enjoys this game and he beat me the majority of the matches. I started to win once I began to just forget everything and play like a doofus.

I really just don't get this fucking game.

Didn't care for this game since day one. Glad to hear I'm not alone on this.
Neither did I. I needed something new to play and this was all that was laying around other than BlazBlue. I like BlazBlue but I got nobody else to play against accept one other person. I don't quite understand that game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
so, anyone playing the new castlevania?
I did, loved it! Beat it and now I'm working my way to get 110%. Great game, great OST and the gameplay really puts your skills to the test once you're playing paladin mode, I mean you better mix it up and know your enemy and surroundings so you can use everything proficiently. Outstanding job by the Mexico studio.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're right. I felt that way after playing against my friend all night. I felt like I had to dumb myself down to play this but not really. I really just can't seem to adjust to this game. My friend doesn't even play fighters seriously and doesn't understand the depth of them. He really enjoys this game and he beat me the majority of the matches. I started to win once I began to just forget everything and play like a doofus.

I really just don't get this fucking game.

Neither did I. I needed something new to play and this was all that was laying around other than BlazBlue. I like BlazBlue but I got nobody else to play against accept one other person. I don't quite understand that game.
Sorry for the doble post fellas.

Blazblue is pretty cool, kinda like a dumbdown Guilty Gear X, the game plays fluid and it has a lot of freedom when it comes to combos. Personally I only got to play it to a point with Ragna but I got bored with the ridiculous amount of amine ala bleach or some stupid ahit like that.

Guilty Gear was awesome until they decided the plot was gonna take over the gameplay. Give me Guilty Gear on the PSX, raw, powerful, insane! Guilty Gear X 1.5 or Plus is where is at too! I don't mind any of the series I just dislike the stupidity behind the plot "that man" BS gotta go!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
sfiv isn't as dumbed down as people think, on some level it is... it has solid gameplay. Its just fucking stupid how easy reaction works in it. Its way to easy to form a solid style with one hit confirm combo, one anti air and a decent reaction to throws. I miss 2D capcom fighters to be totally honest, it just hasn't felt right since. Games like CVS2 but way more stupid. It is good for adapting and footsies.

That oni shit is a embarrassment. Its just to corny, even for this series. Good job to capcom for milking this turd so much, maybe we'll get some other cool shit.

I'm waiting for Biohazard 6 personally. fuck capcom's fighting game franchise now. Zero interest.. I'll just keep playing my neo.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
@Electric: I actually think Blazblue plays different than GG. It looks similar but after doing the tutorials and watching some vids it just doesn't feel like a dumbed down GG. Sometimes I found BB to be tougher in many areas than GG.

I feel you on that Anime shit. It's just too damn much. Everyone knows I don't care for today's anime and BB has nearly everything I hate about today's anime. I may give this game another go around cuz SSF4 is driving me nuts.

@LWK: thats why I said that I had to dumb myself down but not really. I don't get this game at all. I adjust my playstyle and it's like i get nowhere. I know I don't play this game that much but damn this game makes me feel like I've never played street fighter before.

still holding out for AE though.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
@Electric: I actually think Blazblue plays different than GG. It looks similar but after doing the tutorials and watching some vids it just doesn't feel like a dumbed down GG. Sometimes I found BB to be tougher in many areas than GG.

I feel you on that Anime shit. It's just too damn much. Everyone knows I don't care for today's anime and BB has nearly everything I hate about today's anime. I may give this game another go around cuz SSF4 is driving me nuts.

@LWK: thats why I said that I had to dumb myself down but not really. I don't get this game at all. I adjust my playstyle and it's like i get nowhere. I know I don't play this game that much but damn this game makes me feel like I've never played street fighter before.

still holding out for AE though.

Just use rog and hitconfirm everything, footsies come for free right after.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I tried using rog but everytime I just end up putting in ST hahahahahaha.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Just stop bothering. Seriously. I read a post from you almost weekly quitting and re entering this game. Just go to a church and make a commitment to never look again, haha

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
maybe after AE

p.s. I definitely haven't posted weekly about this, not since I gave up trying to avoid this game. I've stuck with it thus far.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
maybe after AE

p.s. I definitely haven't posted weekly about this, not since I gave up trying to avoid this game. I've stuck with it thus far.

haha its fine dude. no worries

we all suffer equally