Suicide Squad, DC supervillains film, cast revealed, release in Aug 2016

Setsuna1982

World Her,
It's amazing there's a live action Batman VS Superman film, the stuff kids' dreams were made of, and it's come and gone and no one cares. They really dropped the ball on that one.

Probably because the movie doesn't make any goddamn sense. I watched with some friends last friday and I'll admit it: It was a pirated version. After the reviews, public opinion and trailers there was NO way we would pay for that movie, but we still wanted to see "the corpse". And wow... as my gf put it "it's just a collection of scenes one after another but... what the hell is happening?"

Spoiler:
The movie starts with a plan to frame superman for murdering people. WITH BULLETS. And for what? Because that didn't do anything relevant... And then BLOW UP THE CONGRESS to blame superman. Only problem is that 30 seconds after the explosion, news reporters were already saying that the explosion was a wheelchair-bomb. Way to trick people, lex. And Superman fights batman because Lex have Martha Kent captive. Ok, except HE'S SUPERMAN. He can solve that situation in like 2 seconds. What did you say? That maybe she's at gun-point and the kidnappers have instructions to kill her at the first sign of someone approaching? Well, that is not the case, looking at how Batman approaches the bulding on the fucking Batwing, fights like 20 guys in the next room and Martha is still alive. And all of a sudden: Kevin Costner in the top of a mountain. Wait, when or why did Clark go there? God, this movie pissed me off.At least we were drunk and laughing at how stupid it all was.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The movie was very easy to understand. Try watching the actual fucking thing next time. It doesn't take a genius to follow what was going on, man.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The movie was very easy to understand. Try watching the actual fucking thing next time. It doesn't take a genius to follow what was going on, man.

By what I understand, what is easy to understand is how shitty the movie is...

...and on topic, suicide squad still looks shitty...it screams "try-hard"...

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
By what I understand, what is easy to understand is how shitty the movie is...

...and on topic, suicide squad still looks shitty...it screams "try-hard"...

While I don't necessarily disagree, SS at least looks like it's trying to have fun. After the miserable, self-serious Bat v Sup, the trailers for Suicide Squad are a ray of sunshine by comparison.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
While I don't necessarily disagree, SS at least looks like it's trying to have fun. After the miserable, self-serious Bat v Sup, the trailers for Suicide Squad are a ray of sunshine by comparison.

Do people feel this way because they want super heroes to crack jokes the entire time? I'm seriously confused why these movies have to be comedies to people.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Do people feel this way because they want super heroes to crack jokes the entire time? I'm seriously confused why these movies have to be comedies to people.

Depends on the hero.

Spider-man, yes.
Batman, please jesus no.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

EL-OH-EL

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/suicide-squad-reshooting-scenes-add-humor-article-1.2587155

I'm telling you...this is going to be a try-hard turd sammich. When you're re-shooting scenes to make it more like a recent hit film (Deadpool, I'm guessing), you know you're up shit creek without a turd paddle.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
That Batman versus Darth Vader video was better than these recent years of DC movie turds.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The worst part is that a lot of the DC animated movies are excellent.

100proof

10 Year Member
The worst part is that a lot of the DC animated movies are excellent.

Don't see how that's the worst part unless you're complaining about their budget being $1.98 while Zack Snyder gets $250 million to make that dumpster fire? Honestly I'm just grateful those animated films exist.

Killing Joke coming out this summer with the original Animated Series cast (the living ones anyway). Looking forward to that more than any live-action comic book movie.

100proof

10 Year Member

Far from it... while I would love to see someone create a Punisher movie with Yakkity Sax as the soundtrack on Youtube, there are several comic book heroes that are meant to be funny. Sure, Batman should be humorless and the Marvel movies are a little too cheeky but a super serious Deadpool or Spiderman movie would be an abomination. Harley Quinn and, to a lesser extent, Suicide Squad falls under that category.

Suicide Squad may very well suck (and comic book movies are wearing reallllly thin in general) but it won't be because it attempts to be funny.

Edit: Fuck that was supposed to be an edit. Time for bed.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

I just jumped in and it looks like you're fighting people Spike but HOLY FUCK you should do a grim reboot of Above Average Man.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Don't see how that's the worst part unless you're complaining about their budget being $1.98 while Zack Snyder gets $250 million to make that dumpster fire? Honestly I'm just grateful those animated films exist.

This is exactly what I mean. It's certainly not the license, or that DC characters are inferior. The guys who make the animated movies have been doing a mostly great job, but whoever is making the live action films don't really get it.

Setsuna1982

World Her,

It wasn't hard to follow, it just didn't make any sense. Plotlines going nowhere, baffling decisions (Lois throwing the spear, then trying to retrieve it 4 minutes later... wait... how did she knew that the spear was actually harmful for kryptonians?) or just plain nosense ("It's his mother's name" yells at Batman after he freaks out when she's NOWHERE near them to hear the conversation. She just magically appears as if she was watching the whole fight right there. She have the real superpower running from the chopper to superman in like 0.5 seconds after batman says "Martha?")

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I really hate that dream Batman has that shows them in the future with Darkseid's flying bug things. It was so 'we're doin the marvel universe thing, y'all' in your face. stop fucking setting shit up and just make a good movie.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I really hate that dream Batman has that shows them in the future with Darkseid's flying bug things. It was so 'we're doin the marvel universe thing, y'all' in your face. stop fucking setting shit up and just make a good movie.

That was my favorite scene, ha. Only because Batman looking fucking awesome. Post-Apocolypse Batman with goggles and a sweet ass duster? Sign me up.

Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible movie.

Could have been good, but alas. It wasn't. Another opportunity squandered by DC.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That was my favorite scene, ha. Only because Batman looking fucking awesome. Post-Apocolypse Batman with goggles and a sweet ass duster? Sign me up.

Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible movie.

Could have been good, but alas. It wasn't. Another opportunity squandered by DC.

if the movie was just a bunch of Battfleck dream sequences, it would have been awesome.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Suicide Squad opens tonight, and it looks awful. Sounds like shooting it was a total clusterfuck, it's rated PG-13, and it's sitting under 30% positive on RT right now.

Good God DC movies suck balls. My guess is that Wonder Woman will review well and make good money, but it will be the only movie in the upcoming DCU that isn't garbage.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Seeing it tomorrow in 3D.

Can't wait to see this disaster.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My guess is that Wonder Woman will review well and make good money, but it will be the only movie in the upcoming DCU that isn't garbage.

Kind of bummed that it's a World War I period piece, but it does look undeniably awesome from the footage so far. So yeah, I'm excited for it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Wonder woman looks really good. Haven't seen batman vs superman yet. I'll probably wait for suicide squad on video.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Damn 27% on Rotten Tomatoes. Sounds like another case of a DC movie being edited down to shit. I guess Wonder Woman is the going to be the savior of the DC universe then.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
How funny that the franchise they neglected so much could be the one that saves them. The Wonder Woman trailer did look pretty solid.

If I were DC I'd throw money at Christopher Nolan to come back and take the reigns of a DC movie again.