15 Year Member
Gotham is
A) not in the Flash/Arrow universe
and
B) fucking terrible

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Leto was great in Dallas Buyers Club. Can't wait to see him as Joker.
Personally, I thought the calm creepy guy from the first "The Purge" who was at the doorstep of Ethan Hawk's characters home would of been a great Joker.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I think you're one of approximately 20 people on planet Earth to feel that way about Heath Ledger as the Joker

I think there are more haters then you think. I think Christopher Nolan had the right idea for the joker, but Ledger fucked it up making the Joker creepy rather then keeping you off balance. The best interpretation of the Joker IMO is John Dimaggio in Batman Under the Red Hood. He had that interesting personality, but you never know what you're going to get out of him style. The general public has never read any of the comics or really know anything besides what was on tv or the movies.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It may not count but the suicide squad episode in JLU is probably one of my favourites....

co-sign, great fucking episode, great fuckin series. that episode is the extent of my knowledge of suicide squad but it's good enough.

yeah no shit the joker is going to be in this iteration of suicide squad, they need a big villain for this.

man i remember like, what was it, eight years ago when there were rumors of some weirdass Green Arrow movie with supervillains in supermax prison (is supermax prison even a word did i just make that up). i would've liked to seen that abomination come to life.

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
JLU was a great show. That said, is there info on who is directing it?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Cool, thanx for clearing it up... is it that bad?

It is. The acting, the writing, the extremely heavy-handed Batman references... it's unwatchable. Almost as shitty as Smallville.

I will say the set design is top notch... but other than that, Gotham is by far the worst comic book show on TV. Even that pile of shit Agents of SHIELD is better.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
mX4UIFr.jpg

I must have been one of three people who believed in Ledger from day one.

But man, the guy who played Blondie in Fight Club better have some good acting chops for this.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
It would be nice if the casting for Suicide Squad were consistent with the current shows. They have already introduced Deadshot, Amanda Waller and Captain Boomerang, and Deathstroke was - as far as I'm concerned - the highlight of Arrow by far. Manu Bennett made for a believable Deathstroke whose anger and hate could really be felt.
I thought this 'DC universe' was supposed to mirror Marvel Studio's cinematic universe in that characters and roles would carry over, but it seems as though the movies and tv series are being kept separate from the way casting is being handled.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I like it. Ledger is dead, otherwise I would have been pissed if he got passed over and they went with Leto instead.

All he has to do is act like a lunatic and I'll be fine with it. Altho, I was never excited one way or another about this movie

His hair is too bright for my liking, tho

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
Will Smith... on the other hand Tom Hardy. I'm really torn here.

It is. The acting, the writing, the extremely heavy-handed Batman references... it's unwatchable. Almost as shitty as Smallville.

I will say the set design is top notch... but other than that, Gotham is by far the worst comic book show on TV. Even that pile of shit Agents of SHIELD is better.

Well said man. As a longtime DC fan I was completely unprepared for how bad Gotham and the other DC shows have been. I've never seen (and will never see) shields but it's almost impossible that it could be any worse.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
View attachment 24761

I must have been one of three people who believed in Ledger from day one.

But man, the guy who played Blondie in Fight Club better have some good acting chops for this.

Would the Joker really have stylized Ha Ha Ha tattoos? Would he really get a "Damaged," tattoo in italics on his forehead? I think that one bugs me the most. Best comment I saw was, "Not sure if Joker or White Lil Wayne." Eh. Press photo so who gives a shit, but... That's what you release to hype up the fan boys? Must say I am reading a lot of 50/50 on this, though. Some people do seem to really dig it, so, who's to say.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
He definitely looks more intimidating like this.

joker_edit.png

The tattoos move the character more toward absurd mockery than absurd madman.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Agreed, the tattoos are fucking stupid. That's not the Joker.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It would be nice if the casting for Suicide Squad were consistent with the current shows. They have already introduced Deadshot, Amanda Waller and Captain Boomerang, and Deathstroke was - as far as I'm concerned - the highlight of Arrow by far. Manu Bennett made for a believable Deathstroke whose anger and hate could really be felt.
I thought this 'DC universe' was supposed to mirror Marvel Studio's cinematic universe in that characters and roles would carry over, but it seems as though the movies and tv series are being kept separate from the way casting is being handled.

DC is even bigger into alt worlds then Marvel is. They said from the get go that the movie is one universe while the TV shows (Arrow, Flash, Justice Society, SuperGirl, and maybe Titans) are another. Gives them an easy way to cross over if they ever want to do an Crisis/Infinite Crisis type deal.

Arrow's Suicide Squad while not star heavy is going to shit all over this one, though I have faith the Leto will deliver a good Joker. As Gilty pointed out to me in a conversation we were having, all he has to do is act insane, as the Joker in the SS is not the run of the mill Joker.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Worst Joker make up ever. Is he going to fight Batman or join the Bloods?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yay...Hot Topic Joker and Will "I am the same fucking character in every fucking movie" Smith playing the suave, cool, semi ghetto black guy.

fail.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
And I thought All-Star Batman & Robin Joker was terrible
All-Star_Batman_and_Robin_8A.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Nailed it on the head. Explicitly writing a character's character on him is just bad form.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
That Joker goes onto be the one from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, though. (Since All-Star acts as a kind of prequel to DKR.)

Supposedly since All-Star was never finished

That and everything about it doesn't line up with it and both are written by the same guy