Street Fighter IV

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Seth is fucking retarded, and he should not be respected or allowed in any form of play. I'll never forgive capcom for allowing this char in online champ matches. For christ sake hes a last boss. Its just unheard of. Weakening him isn't enough either because he has exact answers to certain things, and consider that dhalsims spacing game is so good cause of that containment stand fierce, but seths is even better cause his sonic boom is quicker!

Also I've played against a lot of goukens and I don't think hes a broken character at all. In fact a lot of his stuff is very baitable when you figure out how the player thinks. His counter game can work against him because of this. IE empty jump throw, low normals outside of range, walk up throw etc.. His move that goes through projectiles can be baited cause it must be done early enough to where you hit someone on calling that action, hence if he does that move, with ryu I could projectile once, he expects another, I jab air or something to basic bait, he does that move and I shoryu dash cancel ultra or such.

I need to see a top level gouken.
I recently heard from a friend that SFIV is gonna allow EVERY character at evo, as no ban rules have been made, so now we got a real bitch of a problem on our hands. SETH!

Thanks for that kicking the other day..

I may put some practice in for a rematch sometime.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Getting back into this on 360 after a bit of a break- cool if I send invites to some of you way-good players (BBH, LWK, others) so I can get some serious learnin' while I take my medicine?

Also, I'll look for all you dudes already on my list. Butta made me play Ken way more honest that I was, for instance, much appreciated. Feel like I'm re-dedicated to improving now.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Seth is fucking retarded, and he should not be respected or allowed in any form of play. I'll never forgive capcom for allowing this char in online champ matches. For christ sake hes a last boss. Its just unheard of. Weakening him isn't enough either because he has exact answers to certain things, and consider that dhalsims spacing game is so good cause of that containment stand fierce, but seths is even better cause his sonic boom is quicker!

Also I've played against a lot of goukens and I don't think hes a broken character at all. In fact a lot of his stuff is very baitable when you figure out how the player thinks. His counter game can work against him because of this. IE empty jump throw, low normals outside of range, walk up throw etc.. His move that goes through projectiles can be baited cause it must be done early enough to where you hit someone on calling that action, hence if he does that move, with ryu I could projectile once, he expects another, I jab air or something to basic bait, he does that move and I shoryu dash cancel ultra or such.

I need to see a top level gouken.
I recently heard from a friend that SFIV is gonna allow EVERY character at evo, as no ban rules have been made, so now we got a real bitch of a problem on our hands. SETH!

Shitty Gouken players are baitable. His counter game works best when you use it once. Because that's all it takes to let your opponent know you're aware of it, and that you're reading them. Then when they try those empty jumpins, they'll eat an anti-air all the time. The same goes for his dp move that goes through fireballs, although I've never seen a decent Gouken player have this a staple part of their game play. It's one of those that you do once just to put your opponent in check. I think Gouken's real strength comes from using his counter to put your opponent's mind in such a place that you can work his other strengths, such as his demon flips, block strings, and projectile spacing. Gouken's ex moves are way too good.

As for Seth, on paper he's good, but in execution he falls apart imo. His spacing game isn't anywhere close to Dhalsim's because all he has is that standing fierce (and jumping fierce), and even mixing the sonic boom in I don't think brings him to Dhalsim's level. I haven't played the champion patch yet, but from what I'm hearing it's a lot laggier than normal, so your frustration probably stems from losing to Seth players because of the lag and not because he's broken. Besides, I don't think I've seen a Seth player that blew my mind anyway.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Shitty Gouken players are baitable. His counter game works best when you use it once. Because that's all it takes to let your opponent know you're aware of it, and that you're reading them. Then when they try those empty jumpins, they'll eat an anti-air all the time. The same goes for his dp move that goes through fireballs, although I've never seen a decent Gouken player have this a staple part of their game play. It's one of those that you do once just to put your opponent in check. I think Gouken's real strength comes from using his counter to put your opponent's mind in such a place that you can work his other strengths, such as his demon flips, block strings, and projectile spacing. Gouken's ex moves are way too good.

As for Seth, on paper he's good, but in execution he falls apart imo. His spacing game isn't anywhere close to Dhalsim's because all he has is that standing fierce (and jumping fierce), and even mixing the sonic boom in I don't think brings him to Dhalsim's level. I haven't played the champion patch yet, but from what I'm hearing it's a lot laggier than normal, so your frustration probably stems from losing to Seth players because of the lag and not because he's broken. Besides, I don't think I've seen a Seth player that blew my mind anyway.

Seth is ridiculous..

If hes played correctly, certain characters are fucked literally. If you don't think this is bad, you need to face a seth who uses basic focus set ups.. I'm trying to see what I can do as a ryu to beat his ass more, because if capcom doesn't ban him, I'm gonna have issue against him.

His ultra is just flat out stupid to, it doesn't do good damage, but that isn't the use it has, it covers the screen, which means if you're on death chip, or hell, even have more health, you lose, because you are trapped from advancing. Only bisons devil return and sims teleport are good for this, and a good player will never let you bait it. I sort of dislike the fact about SFIV is that with practice it caters to reaction almost extremely, I think this will benefit me in a few months, but right now its frustrating.

Hes way beyond dhalsims level because he has other characters tools, sure his spacing game from max distance, like sMK and such aren't as good, but the combination factor is really icky. Dhalsim has a killer spacing game, but man does he have to work hard in certain match ups.. Seth has three things from sims game that are a threat, hes got the teleport, the rising fierce and standing fierce. The rising is better then sims I believe, because it serves the same purpose, punishing crouching and jumping at safe distances, but he seems to recover faster. Where he lacks is not having a slide to mold the person to crouch guard more, but its a small loss compared to what he has gained.

I lost to one or two seth's in a tourney final. *In a G2 final actually is where I really got annoyed* The bottom line is you cannot play a distance game vs seth, like you can vs other characters. One thing I can see being useful for advancing is his far projectile, dash cancel. But if that doesn't work out, you end up wasting meter.. Actually fuck that, cause he can instantly teleport away.

His teleport is a real problem, his booms are to quick. He can sonic boom and teleport behind you, and throw you, his multi hit dp is flat out ridiculous, so if you even decide to get impatient and jump he has a universal answer via ultra. His chun air x 3 is frustrating to deal with because it lands so easily and punishes things that it should not. His cross up is weird.

Look at this, this is a seth winning without using focus in early offensive situations, when he does use it, he can link shit together that is just scary. I feel seths mind games as a whole are just good to a uncool level. Man it sucks that seth can shoryu, chun x 3, and right after he has landed so then he can sort of force a opponent to do certain things. SCARY SHIT here.

BTW, for reference everybody, my friend believes gen to have the best jump in SFIV. He was saying how he feels that everyone should have this to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zSPPv7wohQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMzrbPSiOHw&feature=related

Also some more strategy. When you guys face chuns, and she crosses you up, just back dash right out of there, there is supposedly nothing she can do.

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
In that Seth vs Gen video, whats up with all the numbers in the middle rapidly appearing?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
In that Seth vs Gen video, whats up with all the numbers in the middle rapidly appearing?

That's the stupid replay feature exclusive to the ps3 version. It's fucking pointless and annoying if you don't turn it off (press select).

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I watched those Seth vids and I really didn't see anything that was broken. That Ryu player was just horrible. There was a chance he had to juggle Seth with his ultra (0:25) and he just didn't for whatever reason. He was also doing mad random shit (same with Gen, lolz @ random ultra at the end). The only thing I really see annoying is his ambiguous crossup traps after the Chun-li stomps, but that shit is everywhere in Third Strike (coincidentally, with Urien). Maybe I'm just dumb and don't get it, but I don't understand the anger towards him.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I watched those Seth vids and I really didn't see anything that was broken. That Ryu player was just horrible. There was a chance he had to juggle Seth with his ultra (0:25) and he just didn't for whatever reason. He was also doing mad random shit (same with Gen, lolz @ random ultra at the end). The only thing I really see annoying is his ambiguous crossup traps after the Chun-li stomps, but that shit is everywhere in Third Strike (coincidentally, with Urien). Maybe I'm just dumb and don't get it, but I don't understand the anger towards him.

Haha dude, I'm gonna rant a lot here, maybe it'll improve my dwindling mood about SFIV, but I'll continue to play the fucking game for god knows what reason.

Seth is very broken,,

He has to many ways around things that give him unfair advantage. You know what would have helped this match? If this character lost at least two moves that make him less versatile in having others 'do things'. Why the fuck he has that 360 ontop of a instant speed teleport is just fucking ridiculous. Like he sets up situations where its almost worse then 50/50. ie, he throws a sonic boom, you play the projectile game, or jump in and he fierces you for free or such, so when you realize this, you wanna projectile his sonic booms to at least build meter, and doing so only last so long cause he'll mix it up and teleport right behind you. Another thing as well, because he can do this, like dhalsim he is giving the ability to where focusing his projectiles is NEVER a good option to regain health, as again that damn teleport..

If the situation is favorable he can literally force a reaction other then guarding, because his throw is a real scary fucker of a throw, what if your projectile is to laggy? Can he teleport right behind it and gief you?

So imagine he does a teleport, then a 360, then the next time he teleports and you try to shoryu read. Unless I have two stocks to shoryu and dash cancel backwards, he can set me up fairly easily based on expectations. Now gief has very similar shit that allows him to get free lariats in corners almost guaranteed, cause nobody wants to get ultra's, which its so easy to connect his 360 motions in general, hence, hes gonna expect that jump forward, and get free lariats. But the thing is, gief has to work for that corner against a strong player (allbeit, not to terrible levels due to green hand priority). Seth doesn't because every place on the screen from the start of a match is a constant threat. No zone I've found so far is safe to set up a style of play to where you can read the character because of his answer style.

You would think that ryu's dp is a good answer for his retreat jumpback FP, but it isn't because I've found no way to react that fast to seeing it, nor is it a good idea after that works once, because the seth player is like 'okay, I can just empty jump back from a far distance, he does shoryu, I get sFP for free.

The gen might have done random ultra out of frustration, keeping mental toughness against seth is infuriating because his court advantage is so disgusting, this is exactly my future worry. If he couldn't teleport right behind you, you could at least set up a distance game, but man its fucking ridiculous.

His ultra has eat priorities ontop of its usefulness for guarantee's on jumps. I need to test this also, but lets say I wanna pressure seth's dumb ass and one of those pressures is off by the slightest time, can he be mashing for ultra the entire time and guarantee it the same way gief gets 360's?

Now off topic a bit..

You know just for shits I used gief in one of my champ matches, a character I don't even use and I won that match. Gief's fRH is fucking stupid, and its so easy to get, because people are just terrified of other players guess 360's, and if not that, use the alightly lariat.. Even expert players realize how fucked up it is. If it wasn't for sagats sRH.............

That brings up another point though, in a game that people are lately proclaiming to be so deep, why the fuck does one button beat and entire character for free? That is the weird thing about sfiv, its designed to be so extremely turtle that it really isn't that fun to play with a lot of characters. I mean because jump momentum attacking is gone, for the VERY first time in SF, you can safely react to all jumping things, and also throws are rewarded to the player who's sitting neutral, not getting jumped on.

Urien in 3S is another day, but that character isn't cheap at all when you learn how to guard through aegis, and even then you can play version B, which ruins urien. Frankly his unblockables do not break him as a character, because the mid screen stuff can be beaten with a parry>throw. Cornering is where they are useful, so you'll see a lot of aegis mid screen, and then dash in, wait cWK, dash for insuring it, and variations of this. Maintaining urien takes incredible mental strength and a lot of time to put in.

I haven't a ounce of respect for people who use seth and if he isn't banned at evo, I'm gonna hate watching matches...

You know, I've never been so up in the air playing any fighting game as I have with IV. I like it, I hate it, I like it, I hate it. I'm sick of my mental inconsistency with this game. Also, why is it just so damn hard to do certain combo's? Adding lag to the mix just ruins certain characters for me, so online is a disaster sometimes.

Shit dude, I love turtling, but the amount of turtling in IV is fucking ridiculous at times because jumps suck. To me its similar to playing one on one sniper fights in FPSa games..
I'm getting tired of working hard with Ryu and am about ready to dump his ass for balrog full time. What is it about this fucking game that makes me so indecisive.

Last edited:

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
There's a lot more Seth players online nowadays, and I am stumped on how to deal with them. The setups are becoming very tricky, with a reset happening after his throw attack where he hits you with a kick and it hits you multiple times. After that, he can hop with a command move to land around the area before you do, then maneuver it to hit you with another long combo string to get you dizzy. Also, it seems to be easy to link that multi-hit kick throw during a combo.

I've also seen a guy throw Sonic Boom, and right before it hits me, he teleports... the Boom hits me and he also gets a command throw out of it. It's nuts.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being broken, mainly because of the aforementioned reset trick and his teleport being so fast. We'll see over time if he is truly broken.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
There's a lot more Seth players online nowadays, and I am stumped on how to deal with them. The setups are becoming very tricky, with a reset happening after his throw attack where he hits you with a kick and it hits you multiple times. After that, he can hop with a command move to land around the area before you do, then maneuver it to hit you with another long combo string to get you dizzy. Also, it seems to be easy to link that multi-hit kick throw during a combo.

I've also seen a guy throw Sonic Boom, and right before it hits me, he teleports... the Boom hits me and he also gets a chttp://www.neo-geo.com/forumsommand throw out of it. It's nuts.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being broken, mainly because of the aforementioned reset trick and his teleport being so fast. We'll see over time if he is truly broken.

Wow dude that shit works to? I need to remember that kick garbage of his has a pull down dp priority, that is ridiculous dude. That speed of his landing after the chun x 3 shit is fucking ridiculous, he immediately is given priority, cause hes already in standing position, and IV rewards stuff in a semi retarded way regarding this.

Hahah, ironic you posted in the same interval I just typed up my issues.. I totally understand you, I am terrified of these same things in game, because they seem unbeatable if used correctly.

Imagine all these amazing things in the hands of someone with talent enough to constantly mix them up..
This character so far seems ban worthy in the next update.

There is nothing that is more pissing off then beating 3 solid opponents in G2 champ mode and whoop seth is your final match up. That shit is retarded, hes the last damn boss originally, that should be info enough of why he should be banned I think.

Last edited:

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
They say if Seth uses his Ultra (?) on you, and you jump, you are pretty much dead since it covers all heights. Not 100% sure if this is true, but yeah I remember I couldn't do Burning Kick past it at all. Like you said, chip damage can also kill you on that Ultra.

Gouki is borderline-broken because if a really good player uses him, his teleport lets him run away from almost everything and there's not much a person can do to counter it.

Many Japanese people are using Seth and averaging 4000+ points in G2 mode. It's starting to get annoying because he can choose to run away all day or rush you down whenever he wants. I'm not a big fan of his right now. Maybe the only guy who has a chance against him is Guile?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
They say if Seth uses his Ultra (?) on you, and you jump, you are pretty much dead since it covers all heights. Not 100% sure if this is true, but yeah I remember I couldn't do Burning Kick past it at all. Like you said, chip damage can also kill you on that Ultra.

Gouki is borderline-broken because if a really good player uses him, his teleport lets him run away from almost everything and there's not much a person can do to counter it.

Many Japanese people are using Seth and averaging 4000+ points in G2 mode. It's starting to get annoying because he can choose to run away all day or rush you down whenever he wants. I'm not a big fan of his right now. Maybe the only guy who has a chance against him is Guile?

There are ways around his ultra on jump, weird shit with pokes seems to null its zone. Problem is that people with brains will use it when jumps are ranged perfectly. So even then it still doesn't mean shit.

Really? I played a gouki one time who had a spacing game that was so solid in projectile zoning I could literally do nothing. I blame myself, as I just played bad or something, but I recall always being beaten because he knew like everything, and if you'd get lucky to jump gouki's cFP is a good answer, his teleport is a bit annoying to.

But a perfect game? Shit dude, is it possible for him to be untouchable in certain fights?

Guile is dust vs seth I believe. I love the way guile plays, but they were saying the engine of the game defeats him because his style is a retirement of SFIV's engine. I dunno about this personally, but in almost all my guile matches I've crushed my comp.

SFIV is becoming a incredibly stupid game the more I discover stuff, I come across so many things I feel are just so alien to the intelligence of capcom designing crew. My friend miguel mentioned how his friend lalo said that gief had a free super. And miguel was like really? He replied. Lariat. People are getting thousands of GP online using gimmick lariat styles.

Last edited:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I finally tried the 'champ mode'

Uhhh seriously?

What a waste. I like that i got blind select but no lobby? You mean I have to search again after I win? WTH is that!

Bah.

Patch please.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Like I said, maybe it's because I'm stupid, and on paper everything you said seems like it would be hopeless, but it still doesn't come off as broken to me. I only mentioned Urien in 3s just for comparing crossups and 50/50s. In 3s I think Yun is actually the most bullshit thing ever because he can run all over you with genei-jin and it takes literally no time to build that meter and... well, I could go on and on about it, but we're not talking about that particular game.

Kunai said that Gouki is borderline broken, but I would disagree with that as well. Like Seth, it's just an extremly annoying fight to face and like that Gen player in the video above, it can really break you down and frustrate you, but I think that's more your fault than the Seth player. I've actually faced really, really good Goukis and the game becomes more about you keeping your sanity together and your eyes on the goal than trying stupid shit and digging yourself further in the hole.

EDIT - I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm well-aware that you're probably a lot better than me at this game. Maybe I just need to have this bullshit happen to me and exhaust all the options myself so I can see that it truly is hopeless. I've never been one for getting into the mechanics of theory-fighter, let alone trying to explain/understand it.

Last edited:

Einhander

Crazed MVS Addict

I'm starting to climb aboard the "Seth is broken" wagon. People are not fearing him now because scrubs have been using him and of his low damage output/life/stun. But like Kunai, I've been seeing more experienced players using him and he is a complete nightmare to deal with.

Seth's OTW jump into stomps and instant teleport make him uncontainable and I do believe they are both unpunishable. His BnB is very easy to link and does a good 20-25% damage. Very good AA. Jumping and standing fierce are way too good (especially j. fierce) His dive kicks are very quick and have too much priority and his cross up RH hitbox is rediculous...and from those he has an awesome window for 360 traps which I seem to not be able to counter for some reason.

EDIT: Holy shit, that AA combo to reset is fucked up and apparently very easy to do. Never seen that before. Once people start X-copying that and nail it down...yikes!

I can confirm that Seth's Ultra hits on the far, very top screen of the opposite corner (I neutral jumped with Chun on the opposite end of the screen over a SB and ate Ultra. When Seth has Ultra, you can literally do nothing (at least nothing I've seen). They can throw jab SB all day and if you neutral jump over them, you eat Ultra, if you match with a FB a little too late you eat Ultra, If you FA absorb you eat Ultra. You cannot walk forward because of SB and you cannot jump forward because you'll eat Ultra, and it is unpunishable on block. It's like you have to eat the Ultra just to get the match to continue again.

Seth's turtle style reminds me of East Coast Vegas in Alpha 3 when they picked Spain and just hung on the wall for half the match for a time out after chipping you with his Custom V-ism.

I'm very scared that Seth is going to be allowed at EVO. I predict that we will see some monster Seth's and he will become banned for future tourneys. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
There has already been mention in some interviews of the fact that once Seth has Ultra full, a life advantage and you at about 30% he can just hang at his corner and wait for you to do anything while time expires knowing the round is pretty much his. As for the ban, it has also been mentioned that they want to give every character a fair shake before initiating a full ban. So, my guess is that the results of the first major tournament coming back lopsided horribly toward Seth will seal his fate as SF4's ST Akuma.

I have started to feel the same way toward the game as LWK and I know I don't play nearly as much or the same level of competition. I have decided SF4 is just what holds me over until Tekken 6 in the winter. This new SF is fun and it rekindled the fighting game spirit in a lot of people with nostalgia, but it has a number of kinks to iron out. I am sure Capcom could patch the game and remove several of these issues, but it makes more sense for them financially to tweak the game, add DeeJay and T Hawk and make another $60 per player in 2 years.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Maybe Capcom should take a lesson from this and STOP MAKING THE FUCKING BOSS CHARACTERS PLAYABLE.

ST Akuma: Breaks the game
3S Gill: Breaks the game
SF4 Seth: (apparently) breaks the game

I mean shit, why put a game breaking character for everyone to use in an online game? That just seems like basic game design to me.

I have to disagree with Kunai about Akuma though, I don't see him as broken in SF4 at all.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
And I just lost like 2-300 GP from last night from that glitch. Lovely.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Maybe Capcom should take a lesson from this and STOP MAKING THE FUCKING BOSS CHARACTERS PLAYABLE.

ST Akuma: Breaks the game
3S Gill: Breaks the game
SF4 Seth: (apparently) breaks the game

I mean shit, why put a game breaking character for everyone to use in an online game? That just seems like basic game design to me.

I have to disagree with Kunai about Akuma though, I don't see him as broken in SF4 at all.

I don't think they need to stop making the boss character playable offline. Now online is another story. At the very least they should include an option to setup games that allow everyone, but the boss to be selectable.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm starting to climb aboard the "Seth is broken" wagon. People are not fearing him now because scrubs have been using him and of his low damage output/life/stun. But like Kunai, I've been seeing more experienced players using him and he is a complete nightmare to deal with.

Seth's OTW jump into stomps and instant teleport make him uncontainable and I do believe they are both unpunishable. His BnB is very easy to link and does a good 20-25% damage. Very good AA. Jumping and standing fierce are way too good (especially j. fierce) His dive kicks are very quick and have too much priority and his cross up RH hitbox is rediculous...and from those he has an awesome window for 360 traps which I seem to not be able to counter for some reason.

EDIT: Holy shit, that AA combo to reset is fucked up and apparently very easy to do. Never seen that before. Once people start X-copying that and nail it down...yikes!

I can confirm that Seth's Ultra hits on the far, very top screen of the opposite corner (I neutral jumped with Chun on the opposite end of the screen over a SB and ate Ultra. When Seth has Ultra, you can literally do nothing (at least nothing I've seen). They can throw jab SB all day and if you neutral jump over them, you eat Ultra, if you match with a FB a little too late you eat Ultra, If you FA absorb you eat Ultra. You cannot walk forward because of SB and you cannot jump forward because you'll eat Ultra, and it is unpunishable on block. It's like you have to eat the Ultra just to get the match to continue again.

Seth's turtle style reminds me of East Coast Vegas in Alpha 3 when they picked Spain and just hung on the wall for half the match for a time out after chipping you with his Custom V-ism.

I'm very scared that Seth is going to be allowed at EVO. I predict that we will see some monster Seth's and he will become banned for future tourneys. Just my 2 cents.

I agree, thats ridiculous with the whole ultra thing. I didn't know it was good from max distance, that alone makes him broken. Sorry Wes, seth is a cheap sonofabitch bastard of a character, and he should definately be banned so people don't go to events for nothing. If he is played right, he can be exceptional to the games natural brokenness. Not trying to be a dick with this comment man, but you'll eventually play a good level seth and see what the bitching is about if you haven't already.

that otw is annoying to, I mentioned that earlier but edited it out cause I wasnt 100% on whether it was solid or not, so far I've never been able to punish it.

Asmo, that glitch makes me nuts to, its happened to me a lot recently, and its just something else to frustrate you.

edit: seriously wtf is up, I trying to play right now and the glitch of disconnection is happening constantly, I can't even enter arcade mode, and it hangs checking it when I press a button.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know I keep saying this, but I have to get back on the SFIV groove. I've been neglecting this game for a while now. I was getting into it quite a bit but I just went back to HD Remix and haven't looked back. I think it is the lazy in me that's holding me back.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I know I keep saying this, but I have to get back on the SFIV groove. I've been neglecting this game for a while now. I was getting into it quite a bit but I just went back to HD Remix and haven't looked back. I think it is the lazy in me that's holding me back.

The lack of lobbies has me wanting to go back to HD Remix....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The lack of lobbies has me wanting to go back to HD Remix....
I think that has a lot to do with too. I learn lots by watching others play and IMO its much better than watching videos.

Last edited:

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Oh yeah, saw Seth do jab uppercut, then do his Oro-like stomp as a juggle to guessing-game reset when he lands. WTH

Gouki is a hard match-up, especially for people without projectiles or long-range attacks. I don't see him on the same level as Seth, of course. It's just a bit of a rant that I have with Gouki, I apologize.

He's pretty much like Zangief but the player needs actual skill to really make him hard to beat. Seth is 20 X worse than Gouki for me right now, but I hope there's a weakness that I can find out soon.