Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - PS4/XBONE/SW/PC

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Man, it must be awesome to have enough free time to play 300+ matches in an online game that's barely been out for two weeks.

I'm jealous.

Most of these guys are just old sf ogs playing the game they love. I haven't played my ps4 in over a year and had to renew my playstation plus just for this game. 300+ isn't that much, since most matches last less then 2minutes, faster if you're against scrubs like filithyrear. So that's about 10hrs worth. If you dont have 10hrs of spare time over a week then you need to change careers or prioritize to things you enjoy.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Most of these guys are just old sf ogs playing the game they love. I haven't played my ps4 in over a year and had to renew my playstation plus just for this game. 300+ isn't that much, since most matches last less then 2minutes, faster if you're against scrubs like filithyrear. So that's about 10hrs worth. If you dont have 10hrs of spare time over a week then you need to change careers or prioritize to things you enjoy.

L
O
L

@ you preaching about "priorities"

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

I work 40 hours a week, like most people. No, I don't have 10 hours a week to spend on games. Video games should never be a "priority"

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I work 40 hours a week, like most people. No, I don't have 10 hours a week to spend on games. Video games should never be a "priority"

Video games in general shouldn't be a priority, but doing something you enjoy should. What's the point of working your life to death if you can't do the things you enjoy.

40hrs a week of work, you have 128hrs of doing something else rest of the week. These guys are doing something they enjoy doing but they are being belittled because its "video games". No different then going to the gym, watching tv/movies, reading, gardening, forum shit talking, etc...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Video games in general shouldn't be a priority, but doing something you enjoy should. What's the point of working your life to death if you can't do the things you enjoy.

40hrs a week of work, you have 128hrs of doing something else rest of the week. These guys are doing something they enjoy doing but they are being belittled because its "video games". No different then going to the gym, watching tv/movies, reading, gardening, forum shit talking, etc...

I have roughly 5 hours a day when I get home till I go to bed at night. Time is spent with my family until my daughter goes to bed, then we have to prepare for the next day, then my wife and I spend time together. Those are my priorities. Video games are an "if I have free time thing", which is few and far between. How anyone married with small kids could say any different is mind boggling to me.

All I said was that I was jealous of your free time. I don't know why you're getting so defensive with me?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I have roughly 5 hours a day when I get home till I go to bed at night. Time is spent with my family until my daughter goes to bed, then we have to prepare for the next day, then my wife and I spend time together. Those are my priorities. Video games are an "if I have free time thing", which is few and far between. How anyone married with small kids could say any different is mind boggling to me.

All I said was that I was jealous of your free time. I don't know why you're getting so defensive with me?

That's some real ass talk there, brother.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

He goes through life like he plays Street Fighter - everything thrown at him is an attack, so he blocks and deflects like a bitch. Then when he tries to fight back, all he does is whiff.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member

Sorry buddy, hope you didn't feel i was attacking you. I was just justifying why people are able to log in certain amount games.

For myself, i normally dont play games at all. I can go months without turning on a game system but when there is a game i finally like Ultra SF2 or the new Anniversary 30th, im going to play the heck out of it.

I have 3 kids, one teenager & the youngest is 6. We are able to juggle going to all the school events, while helping with homework 5 days week. We do family stuff on weekends but even then if i really wanted i can make time for an hour of gaming. Just sleep less.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I have 3 kids, one teenager & the youngest is 6. We are able to juggle going to all the school events, while helping with homework 5 days week. We do family stuff on weekends but even then if i really wanted i can make time for an hour of gaming. Just sleep less.

I don’t get how you do it. I barely have any time for gaming at all. If I get 4 hours a week, I’m lucky, and I only have one kid. I work 40-50 hours a week, commute 10-15 hours a week, chores around the house, errands, blah, blah, blah. Most days I just don’t have the time, and on the odd days that I do, I’m often too wiped out to actually enjoy it.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
I don’t get how you do it. I barely have any time for gaming at all. If I get 4 hours a week, I’m lucky, and I only have one kid. I work 40-50 hours a week, commute 10-15 hours a week, chores around the house, errands, blah, blah, blah. Most days I just don’t have the time, and on the odd days that I do, I’m often too wiped out to actually enjoy it.

10- 15 hours of commuting sounds awful. I had a similar commute when I got out of school, but now I'm down to 2:30-3:00 hours a week.

Any similar jobs, that are closer to your home?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have 3 kids, one teenager & the youngest is 6. .

"Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff." shit how long you had this custom rank

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
10- 15 hours of commuting sounds awful. I had a similar commute when I got out of school, but now I'm down to 2:30-3:00 hours a week.

Any similar jobs, that are closer to your home?

Not without taking a considerable cut in pay. Many people in my county drive to neighboring counties that are wealthier in order to make a decent salary. Such is life.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
"Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff." shit how long you had this custom rank
Your memory is long, like your penis.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Bought today the Switch version and just launched 3rdS comparison with the original arcade using OSSC. I had both versions playing at the same time in 2 separate monitors. In demo mode both systems started together but quickly Switch version surpassed the arcade. Either its loading faster or has a faster pace all arround. Can't tell for now. Graphics quality is top for the Switch, looks 99% the same except some more brightness I spotted but it may only be brightness or contrast settings. I will compare deeper this game and then will compare Alpha 2 and ST as well. I may upload a youtube video as noone has yet.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Bought today the Switch version and just launched 3rdS comparison with the original arcade using OSSC. I had both versions playing at the same time in 2 separate monitors. In demo mode both systems started together but quickly Switch version surpassed the arcade. Either its loading faster or has a faster pace all arround. Can't tell for now. Graphics quality is top for the Switch, looks 99% the same except some more brightness I spotted but it may only be brightness or contrast settings. I will compare deeper this game and then will compare Alpha 2 and ST as well. I may upload a youtube video as noone has yet.

First off, CPS3 displays at 59.58 fps. The switch is locked to 60 I'm sure so it's going to eventually overtake it anyway. The PCB is also alot older hardware and the video caps prolly are old hence the video being brighter on the Switch. It's kinda unfair to compare a 40 SD cart to a 500 setup. For the price and the amount of content you get, it's fair to say you're going to get some differences.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
First off, CPS3 displays at 59.58 fps. The switch is locked to 60 I'm sure so it's going to eventually overtake it anyway. The PCB is also alot older hardware and the video caps prolly are old hence the video being brighter on the Switch. It's kinda unfair to compare a 40 SD cart to a 500 setup. For the price and the amount of content you get, it's fair to say you're going to get some differences.
The anniversary pack is a great deal that's why I bought it. You are right about 60hz. I really like that graphics and emulation is the same as the original. It's just interesting to spare some time comparing those!!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It's nice, but it's under 4ft. I would jump on it if it was the original cabinet. The side panel art with Ryu's back always gets to me.

I'd jump on it if it was jamma, it seems it's emulated. The design is awesome.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I got a question for the people playing this online. Is the netocde on this have a hard rollback netcode? Meaning the algorithm used to predict what you are going to do will not roll back the match if it guesses wrong. It just says you did whatever it predicted.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I tried playing USFIV today, since it came with the bundle for me.
Still can't get used to how this game works.
Really struggling with the trials, in particular the links.
Anyone got tips on this one?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the package, but I'd still say SF3OE is better if that's the game you're really wanting.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I tried playing USFIV today, since it came with the bundle for me.
Still can't get used to how this game works.
Really struggling with the trials, in particular the links.
Anyone got tips on this one?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the package, but I'd still say SF3OE is better if that's the game you're really wanting.

How to play Street Fighter IV:

play Street Fighter II, III, or any of the Alphas instead

Works every time.