SoCal Garou MOTW Casual Tourneys

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
You don't have to be good to go, you can go to learn, watch others play and see how they do everything and try to use their tactics mixed in with some of your own. by what I've been reading 2 oe 3 of the people that went were new to the game. Going to these will improve your skill and the more people that go will be better for the Garou scene, so if you go, bring some people with you ;)

We're also discussing this in these 2 threads

http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8596&page=1&pp=15
http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1763060#post1763060

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
What's up with all yous guys getting down on yourselves about MOTW...:p you can pick it up pretty well with just a bit of practice (not that I'm a pro or anything). Oh well, they actually do have SVC there on a nice cab, plus 3rd Strike and CVS2 also.

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Shirt in a can: Yeah you're right...we should practice more on it (i know i do) but it will be fun... It will be good to see everyone again like at Droid's place...

OldMan

n00b
Sorry, I saw this thread very late.

Listen to Master Giby, guys. Don't be down on yourselves if you think you're not good. The purpose of those gatherings is to build the scene (interest AND skill level). They're just casuals.. not tourneys.

Anyways, as per the latest update, it looks like the first official gathering (the other ones were minor get togethers) will be Sat 9/11 at Xaos Cards. I believe someone has a space in his store where they could set up TVs and consoles and just chill. You can see more info on the final page of the shoryuken.com link Giby put up. If you have any interest in the game at all, whether you think this game is cool and want to learn how to play or get better.. or you want to test out your own skills, then this would be just the thing for you.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Here's the info for the next one on the 11th.

Magician said:
Alright peeps, I know this comes a tad late (what else is new), but this is the OFFICIAL word.

The FIRST OFFICIAL Garou CASUAL is:
THIS Sat, 9/11 at 5pm-whenevers
Masatakaz shop: Xaos Cards and Games
5642 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA, 92807

(714) 693-5007

So far it looks like we'll have enough stuff to set up 2 stations.
tvs: 2
controllers: 4
dcs: 2
games: 2

This SHOULD probably be enough, but if anyone else has any other donation items, feel free to drop me a line. I know a lot of you out there have your own custom controllers that need converters. I would suggest that you bring your own controller, but I can't guaranty have'n a converter for you (at the mome I only have one - that handles both ps and saturn controllers), so if you have a converter, please remember to bring it. Btw, does anyone happen to have an extra S-video cord for the DC?

Oh, and for extra entertainment's sake, I'll be showcase'n a little known import saturn exclusive from '97: Groove On Fight. Hopefully some fans will show up for that too heh heh. :bgrin:

Keep play'n!

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
So, this meet is at a residence? I'd love to make it, but is it open to all?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
It's being held at Magicians shop in Aniheim, it should be open to all, but you should go over to s-c or srk and pm him to be sure.

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
Garou - Girlfriend = Happy Players

im not bringing my girlfriend ever again...

Sorry I haven't got around to post'n here peeps. Yes, I am Magician on a couple other forums (somebody already had the name here... what a pain to put in the extra "The" heh heh).

Master Giby - slite correction, the casuals take place at MASATAKA'S shop in Anaheim (it wouldn't be right to call it MY shop). ;) And much props to that guy for be'n such a gracious host.

Shirt in a Can - I kind of doubt I'll be make'n it to Camelot, esp w/ have'n our second casual the night before. I hope you can make it there. We MAY have someth'n special planned esp since our very own SoCal rep, THE ANSWER, brought yet another hurricane into FL (read the srk & snk-capcom posts in case you don't know whatz up).

Bigp0ppaLarge & rockhoward - this is SOOOO geared for newbies. How do you expect to get any better if you don't play people who are better than you? By all means, come on out. We're all friends. We ALL come to learn from each other and get better (even the higher ups).

kyosuke75 - I am in the city of Cerritos (not sure if thatz what you meant). If you are in that area, just PM me and perhaps I can get in a few games w/ you. If not, please stop on by at least one of the casuals. Tis much fun and much can be learned there.

Remember guys, the next one is 9/25 at 5pm
Masatakaz shop: Xaos Cards and Games
5642 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA, 92807
(714) 693-5007

Come on out to see whatz up and support the community! And holla at THE ANSWER (Mr Cali Hurricane). Keep play'n. See you there.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Very nice dude, I'll make every effort to make it to your meet on Saturday, we can schedule Camelot for any old time.

9/25 Garou Casual is CANCELLED!

JUST IN - Masataka left me a message this morn, but I didn't get it till the middle of the day cuz I was in class (yeah, sat classes suck). THIS casual, for 9/25 has been CANCELLED. We do not know of a reschedule'n time just yet, I will have to talk w/ Masataka later on to see whatz up.

Just so that yalls know, Masataka had to hit up a funeral. In the mean time, for those of you who already know me, we MIGHT be able to arrange someth'n later on in the day. If you are interested but can't get in contact w/ me immediately, just pm me and hopefully I'll be able to get to you in time. I apologize for the inconvenience. I was as blindsided by this as the rest of you.

MAYBE we'll meet up next w.e. at: SoCal get-together II: In tEh Hood. (posted on neo-geo.c). Just keep your eyes and ears open.

Keep Play'n. Peace

Well, I haven't been back here for a little bit, but herez what we got cook'n right now:

As I mentioned before (in srk), we MAY be have'n a MAJOR tourney BY the yearz end. I just want a little feed back -

Right now I'm think'n 11/27. I want to know how many of you support the idea of have'n a major Garou tourney and if you'd be down w/ this date or if not, when would you like to have one. I'm also sort of lean'n on $10 for the entry (this is our LAST shot at this place!). Remember guys, the higher the entry, the higher the pot! We also have to consider that part of the proceeds will probably go to the shop.

Let me know what you guys think. Keep play'n. Peace

Itz Gonna Down 12/26

Alright peeps, itz been yet another small eternity. Right now 12/26 (after 2pm) is look'n pretty damned solid at XTGz (in OC) place.

I'll try to keep you guys up to speed on this casual. For the most current news on Garou gatherns I would hit up srk just in case.

Eh, does anybody got a grill they can bring around... or have a truck (I MIGHT be able to port my friendz grill w/ that)?

For those who can make it, post up!

Keep Play'n. Peace

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
food alternative

if a grill cant happen, how does bringin $5 for Little Ceasar's pizza sound for everyone?

oh yeah im XTG on SRK :)

keep in mind i live in a 900+ sq ft apartment on the second floor :(

Last edited:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
As long as Nocturnal(SRK) is headed down there, cause I'm a bum without a car.

Looks like Pizza is what we're gonna have to get, but if you have a balcony, we might be able to get the BBQ thing going, if we had a gril. If this meet is anything like the last one, you should warn your neighbors about possible screaming and yelling every few minutes so they don't file any complaints about you ;)

Little Ceasers has some good pizza, so at least we know we wont be getting ripped off(like Guidos pizza).

MX everyone! Just one more day to go. These things don't go down everyday you know and we have a few special guests come'n down. Post up peeps! Btw, right now itz look'n like this thing'll be go'n down some time after 4pm and pizza seems in order over BBQ. :drool:

Keep Play'n. Peace

::J@mm::

n00b
I just got here and I want to go, is it a private gattering?

please fowwar the address, sorry if Im not searching, but due to natural plants I have consummed I cannot concentrate as well!! :D

I want to go I want to go

::J@mm::

n00b
If any of you guys want to create a website specially for these events in SOCAL or maybe more let me know Im a web designer.

so if yo uguys interested we can come up with something to allert invite and let everyone know,

this could grow big!!

Let me know I have servers ans free host slots, we only need to pitch in for a domain name,

and I knwo some of you have grapic skills so what can we loose

Last edited:
Man, itz been a little while since I've come back to this thread. We had a GREAT get together last time. There was plenty of learn'n go'n on thanks to the amount of talent that showed. (There was even some SF 3S go'n on.) We're STILL work'n on get'n clips from that last gt up. I'll keep you guys posted on that.

::J@mm:: - thanks for the offer. It sounds most interesting. Perhaps we'll talk some more about it at our next meet. Right now itz kind of look'n like one'll probably go down some time in Feb.

Keep Play'n. Peace