So what's the latest on the new Power Instincts game?

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
My last impression was that it was coming out before the end of the year, but so far I haven't heard anything more about it.

Was I understanding wrong, or was the date for this pushed back for whatever reason?

sha-v

Crossed Swords Squire
There is no more info about the game than <a href="http://www.noise.co.jp/gouketuji/index.htm" target="_blank">http://www.noise.co.jp/gouketuji/index.htm</a>

Btw, Noise of course don't want that their game will be released simultaneously with KOF02.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Can anybody translate the contents of that webpage, IE the development section and the character descriptions?

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
God, what retarded looking characters...this game looks like shit, sorry...

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: ShikiMikoto ]</p>

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
this new power instinct game is going to be great

and my prediction is:
it will be much better than kof 2002 or snk vs capcom

you lot just wait...

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Originally posted by ShikiMikoto:
<strong>sorry, but to me, the game looks like shit...sorry</strong><hr></blockquote>

And you've reached this conclusion how exactly?

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Gotta say, I just checked out those character designs, and I kinda like them! :)

Sure, it doesn't look like the most serious fighter on the block, but I don't mind one with a humerous bent once in a while.

Plus the fact that I think some of those designs are actually pretty cool (at least in looks).

I'm actually more intrigued by this than the newest KoF, a series which I never really was a big fan of anyway...

Can't wait until we start hearing more about this one!

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I can't wait either, I agree with Fran.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I think the drawing are great
BTW I d'dn' know that MS4 was devved by Noise

Majin Geese

Crazed MVS Addict
lmfao, I can't believe there is actually a Dog-Man in the game. That is lame as shit.

~MG

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
lame as shit?

ramon,bao,seth,hinako or maxima are lame as shit

cos they mean nothing in a kof game and they suck

power instinct has always been a weird fighting game

so a dog man is only logical and cool as fuck

and oh,
you lot dont know about tsukasa yun

he is my favourite artist

he's just like obari or toshiki yui

a fuckin GENIUS

so respect where due

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Fran:
<strong>so a dog man is only logical and cool as fuck</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've got to agree. :cool:

The gameplay in Groove on Fight didn't leave me hungry for more, I'm hoping Noise Factory can upgrade the gameplay to Neo levels while keeping the same level of art. And as far as Groove on Fight goes, the coolest thing I've ever seen in a fighting game happened when my last char killed someone's first char, their next char entered the fight, picked up the dead body of the first char, and bashed my guy with it to win the match. :eek:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
you guys suck
the dog ninja rules!
he has the <a href="http://www.realultimatepower.net/" target="_blank">REAL ULTIMATE POWER!!!!!!</a>

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: rarehero ]</p>

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Any game that has a real old lady who shoots her dentures at you is great in my book. I remember playing the first one on SNES and loving it, which means that the Neo version can only be that much better! In all honesty, I really do anticipate this game much more than SvC or KOF2k2.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Originally posted by rarehero:
<strong>you guys suck
the dog ninja rules!
he has the <a href="http://www.realultimatepower.net/" target="_blank">REAL ULTIMATE POWER!!!!!!</a>

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: rarehero ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Pirates rule.. you ninjas suck.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
It is funny to see how people bash a game before it comes out, just like ROTD everyone talked smack about how slow it was going to be, and instead the game is great. :rolleyes:

biocat

Kula's Candy
The Dog-ninja(?)'s name is Pochi. nuff said. Power Instincts will rock by that fact alone.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This game will be great. I think the first one came out in the arcade, I don't know though because I've never seen it. I've played the SNES version though, and I loved it. It was a very "quirky" japanese type fighter. I love that shit. The gameplay didn't suck either. The fact that this is coming out on the Neo, which is known for doing great fighters, and taking an already great one, is almost a certain that it will be an ace fighter. There's really no other reason to believe otherwise, until it comes out.