So the Wii U........What exactly is Nintendo playing at?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah.... they want $10 per Wii sport game.
I thought Sports Club would be a little retro fun, and it is, but not for $10 an event.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So it is probably already embedded somewhere in this thread...but I am just curious who here actually owns a Wii U...?
And for those people, which games do you currently own?

I bought mine shortly after launch.

My current games:
- New Super Mario U
- Nintendoland
- Wonderful 101

:(

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
I do - recently picked up a used 32gig edition

I have the following

- DXHR Directors cut. I cant get enough of this game. The WiiU version is far and away the best version of this game to get.
- Zombie U
- COD BO2
- Tekken Tag 2
- Wonderful 101

Windwaker HD and Super Mario 3d will both be added shortly

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Have 32gb model, purchased just after launch

Have

Zombie U
Resident Evil Revelations
Wonderful 101
Lego City Undercover
Nintendoland

I'll be selling it soon to put towards XB1 or PS4, haven't decided what im getting yet.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
32gb console with:

COD Ghosts
COD BO2
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Sonic All Stars Racing
Wonderful 101
NSMBU

And I just sold Arkham City.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Launch Console, Deluxe 32GB model w/2TB WD hard drive.

Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed 4
BitTrip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
Lego City Undercover
Little Inferno
Mighty Switch Force! HD
Nano Assault Neo
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Need for Speed Most Wanted U
Pikmin 3
Puddle
Resident Evil Revelations HD
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
The Cave
The Wonderful 101
Trine 2
Zen Pinball 2
Zombi U

Edit: I forgot, I bought Sonic Racing aswell.

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Got the 32g, with a sealed copy of Nintendoland and all the 32 cent virtual console titles.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Launch 32g. w/Nintendoland
- Zombi U
- Sonic Racing
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Pikmin 3
- Wii Fit U (well, paid for the fit meter)
- some WIiU Shop titles.

Bought used for under 10$.
- Batman Arkham City
- Ninja Gaiden 3
- Darksiders 2

Most of the games I played are actually borowed from the library:
- Lego City Undercover
- Lego Batnan 2 (2 screen mode great, but buggy as hell.)
- Scrbiblenauts
- Super Mario Brothers U (having a user on the touchpad makes it easier)
- Warriors Orochi 3 (pop-up galore, but two screen 2player mode)
- Amazing Spiderman (wow, tearing issues galore)
- The fast and the furious (uncontrollable, garbage)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I got the Zelda edition a few months ago. Got:

Zelda (duh)
New Super Mario U
Sonic All Stars Racing
ZombiU
Call of Duty Black Ops 2

I still want to pick up Luigi U, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends and Ducktales.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Still only with Nintendoland here. Haven't even played any other retail games. I was buying some of the 30 cent games and put my hat in the ring with Earthbound came out to hopefully get Nintendo's attention outside of Japan that people want the series. The only thing I really want to play that's out now is Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101. I'm more interested in the games coming out for the 3DS.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'd like to get one, but the only on it I want is New Super Mario.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
I got the Zelda edition a few months ago.

Going to pick one up today that I ordered. Mainly because it was the same price (299€) as the standard 32gb edition and I couldn´t find a cheaper one in my country so the downloadable game is a bonus. Would have wanted a disc copy though.
I skipped the Wii so I´m also planning to play some of the exclusive titles it has like Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. at some point.

For the Wii U I´m going to first get:

The Wonderful 101
New Super Mario Bros
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World (when released soon of course)

Other available interesting games might be New Super Luigi.
These should keep me busy with Wind Waker HD for a while.

Interesting future releases 2014:

Bayonetta 2 (this is going to be awesome!)
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
New Smash Bros game

But yeah, after those there isn´t that much in the horizon for 2014 at least yet.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
That’s the thing…there is just nothing on the horizon to get super excited about…not within 1 month…3 months…6 months….

I mean Super Mario 3D World looks pretty rad. Smash Brothers and Mario Kart too, but those are givens…(hopefully)

But another Donkey Kong platformer…? I’m sure it will be good, but just wish there was something else. Seems like a waste of resources which is exponentially worse when there is such a lack of compelling games…even first-party games.

I’m seriously considering selling off my Wii U. I’ve bought every Nintendo console at or near launch, but this is the only time I’ve regretted it/felt I didn’t get my money’s worth…

And I’m not unreasonable. I’m not expecting a boatload of games….just a few killer titles would have been enough.

Would have loved to have seen a new starfox game (that didn’t suck).
Or a new Metroid game. I actually liked Other M. Would have been cool to see Retro evolve that formula (instead of another Prime game)….but we don’t get either – we get another DK platformer…
Or a new Zelda game that wasn’t a remake of a game that didn’t need a remake
Or dare I say it….something entirely new

Maybe I should just give my Wii U to Saner…?

blah

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Or you could give it to me...? *looks around hopefully*

Magician

20 Year Member
I’m not expecting a boatload of games….just a few killer titles would have been enough.

Sounds as though someone has come to the realization of what the Wii U is...now that the PS4 and XBone have arrived. The Wii U should be looked upon as a first-party-only platform. Sure there'll be one or two second party games released for it every year, but it should be expected that almost all third party support for the Wii U will now disappear. Less than four million hardware sales after a year on the market, less than impressive system specs; Nintendo will have to settle for third place in this generation of console wars.

Just keep in mind that Nintendo will be fine, regardless of how the Wii U finishes.

They aren't going bye-bye like Sega after the Dreamcast failed.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Sounds as though someone has come to the realization of what the Wii U is...now that the PS4 and XBone have arrived. The Wii U should be looked upon as a first-party-only platform. Sure there'll be one or two second party games released for it every year, but it should be expected that almost all third party support for the Wii U will now disappear. Less than four million hardware sales after a year on the market, less than impressive system specs; Nintendo will have to settle for third place in this generation of console wars.

Just keep in mind that Nintendo will be fine, regardless of how the Wii U finishes.

They aren't going bye-bye like Sega after the Dreamcast failed.

But that's part of the problem. I've always bought Nintendo systems for the first party software...but the wii u is even lacking in that regard - there are only a handful of worthwhile first-party games. A year after launch and there are 3, maybe 4 games and not a lot coming down the pipeline either..

Magician

20 Year Member
But that's part of the problem. I've always bought Nintendo systems for the first party software...but the wii u is even lacking in that regard - there are only a handful of worthwhile first-party games. A year after launch and there are 3, maybe 4 games and not a lot coming down the pipeline either..

I don't agree. I look at the 2014 release schedule and I'm quite excited.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I don't agree. I look at the 2014 release schedule and I'm quite excited.

Got to love how people turn every stone trying to reason spending so much money on a crap system like the wii U ... btw i got a wii ... it got given to me for free.... and i still manage to feel screwed for having it.... it is just bad...very bad... terrible.
Honestly..i find one good feature- plays gamecube games.

Magician

20 Year Member
Got to love how people turn every stone trying to reason spending so much money on a crap system like the wii U ... btw i got a wii ... it got given to me for free.... and i still manage to feel screwed for having it.... it is just bad...very bad... terrible.
Honestly..i find one good feature- plays gamecube games.

*shrug*

I wouldn't be spending so much money on the Wii U if I thought it was a crap system.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I have a Wii U. I am glad I have it, but it doesn't get as much play as any of my other systems at the moment. (older consoles, mvs cab, ps3, pc) I mostly play Zombi U and Wind Waker HD. Wind waker has been a lot of fun to revisit. I also have NSMB and Nintendoland (pack in). For downloads, I have Earthbound, all the 30 cent specials when they came up, all the Final Fights, SFII T, Nano Assault Neo, and D&D Collection.

* It kinda sucks that there haven't been a lot of quality games yet, after having it a year. I am fine with mostly first party titles for this and Bayonetta 2.
* I like the way the tablet is used in Zombi U.
* I also like to play the games on just the tablet in another room of the house.
* IT IS A HD NINTENDO :-)

Other points:

1- I actually LOVE my Wii - the first party games are cool for Nintendo fans like myself, but I also like some of the more niche games and arcade conversions (Chaos Field, Sin & Punishment II, Castle Shikigami III, LA Machineguns/Gunblade, No More Heroes, Pandora's Tower, Fragile, Xenoblade, last Story). The Virtual Console is also cool for casually playing or previewing import games I might buy the original disc or cart for.

2- Seriously though, whatever happened to launching a console with a decent list and a killer app? (looking at you new consoles)

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
It's looking more like N64 U now.

Tough to say. The release schedule was worse on N64 than its been on the Wii U. But a slow software schedule didn't matter when your system has landmark games like Mario 64 and Zelda OoT. The Wii U doesn't have a game like that...yet. Or is Nintendo finally experiencing franchise fatigue after thirty years of retreading the classics?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Tough to say. The release schedule was worse on N64 than its been on the Wii U. But a slow software schedule didn't matter when your system has landmark games like Mario 64 and Zelda OoT. The Wii U doesn't have a game like that...yet. Or is Nintendo finally experiencing franchise fatigue after thirty years of retreading the classics?

Though I dont remember the exact release schedule for the N64, I do know that Mario 64, Waverace 64 and Pilotwings 64 were all released at or near launch. Those were all great games that had a ton of replayability. They also had a wow factor to them...

New Super Mario U and Nintendoland are nowhere in the same category as those 3 N64 games...not even close. Worse, a year later and all we got from Nintendo was Pikmin 3, a spin-off of NSMBU and another (mediocre) Warioware game...

And sorry, but I don't count Windwaker HD...I mean, you release 5 games, and one of them is a remake...oh please :/

Given that I buy Nintendo systems primarily for Nintendo games, I think the N64 had more quality titles at this stage of the life cycle...

Last edited: