So that Sony Price Hike. An extra $40 right off the bat.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Guess it's time to turn off autorenew, and then disconnect from the net all together so I can wait for a jailbreak on whatever firmware I'm on.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, that's some hot bullshit. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more vitriol over it.

Yet another reason to switch to PCs at this point. Especially now that Sony's porting all of their first party isht to Steam.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Yeah, that's some hot bullshit. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more vitriol over it.

Yet another reason to switch to PCs at this point. Especially now that Sony's porting all of their first party isht to Steam.
From Epic freebies and amazon prime gaming, haven't bought a game this year. They really are taking the piss the console manufacturers.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

lol wat

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I always just buy vouchers cheap and then get up front, no big deal. I don't even play online but it's just for the gamez

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This is the price trade-off with consoles. With consoles you generally get more power for gaming than you would for the same price on PC, especially when the consoles are newer. But you're buying into Sony or Microsoft's ecosystem, which is not free.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
No pay for play online. No $70 games (so far, at least). Microsoft and Sony first party games. No worrying about backward/forward compatibility. Modding.

Very few reasons to even own consoles at this point. lol wat indeed.
I mean sure if you want to have the games 18mths later and usually denuvo-riddled and inferior, sit at a desk and play at on a smaller screen. I guess.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I mean sure if you want to have the games 18mths later and usually denuvo-riddled and inferior, sit at a desk and play at on a smaller screen. I guess.

Well to be fair, most people here do the 'wait for it' for around the same time anyway, especially if there's a sale in the future.

I dont usually buy games the day they come out. Hell, both Starfield and Armored Core 6 (or whichever is the new one) have been cracked as of day 1. Got em both for 0$.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lol they can piss off. bad enough they moved the games you could access with the old PS+ sub for free (detroit, god of war, monster hunter world etc.) to the next higher tier.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
lol they can piss off. bad enough they moved the games you could access with the old PS+ sub for free (detroit, god of war, monster hunter world etc.) to the next higher tier.

Yeah there were a few titles I had downloaded to go through later like the Alan Wake remake (never played the orig), Detroit, as well as when Stray came out. Though I did go through Stray all the way.

I wont be able to play those but its not a huge loss.

100proof

10 Year Member

Uh huh.

Back in the real world, computers can be plugged in to any screen regardless of size or location, Denuvo and its ilk get patched out of the games that use them after a couple of months (and get ripped out by pirates within a week) and rarely ever affect games in a noticeable way (and even the occasional one that does can be brought to heel by a powerful enough machine) and that 99.9% of video games launch day and date on all platforms at this point.

Consoles have been underpowered, single-use PCs with bad UIs for the last fifteen years. I don't begrudge anyone who prefers playing on them but that's all it is at this point: a personal preference based on nostalgia, having kids, or being too broke/cheap.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Arrogant sony is back after getting a few PS5 months ago.I'm enjoying playing it still but this price increase for ps+ is just disgusting.Really it makes me think of this scene.If anything i hope this backfires on sony and reverse it but i doubt it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I refuse to go down the subscription path, if I want to play online I'll use my pc. I keep a console for those single player experiences that aren't on pc or whatever.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm having fun with my PS5 without ps+ subscription, not an online player and I don't like 80% of the new games coming out anyway so whatever.

Then again, I'm fully aware of the overall price hike. New games for 70 bucks is more than pushing it in my opinion, that's why I rarely buy anything brand new. Prices like that only make the pirates richer and honest idiots like me have to pay the price in the end. Same ol', same ol', been like that when I got my Speccy in 1983 and I'm sure it will go on when I'm six feet under.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I was in Target yesterday (:oops:) and they had PS5s in stock. I was like hmm should I pick one up? So I decided to mosey on over to the game section. I looked at the games for like 3 minutes and then came to the conclusion that there wasn’t one damn game I wanted to play.

So I remain ps5-less. I keep trying to want one guys, I really do but, oh well 🤷‍♂️

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Is the price the same now per month as Game Pass Ultimate?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I have all three current consoles and zero subscriptions.
If I could have a mulligan I would only have a switch and PS5, and still no subscriptions.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What are you talking about?

When was the last time you played a pc game, 1998?

Pretty much every video card now has 2-4 video outputs. Most pc gamers have it hooked up to their monitor and TV. Games do look better on a pc depending on your specs.

I was in Target yesterday (:oops:) and they had PS5s in stock. I was like hmm should I pick one up? So I decided to mosey on over to the game section. I looked at the games for like 3 minutes and then came to the conclusion that there wasn’t one damn game I wanted to play.

So I remain ps5-less. I keep trying to want one guys, I really do but, oh well 🤷‍♂️
I purchased one in January off Amazon. I think I played it like 6 or 7 times. If you still have a ps4/pro, you're really not missing much.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Consoles have been underpowered, single-use PCs with bad UIs for the last fifteen years. I don't begrudge anyone who prefers playing on them but that's all it is at this point: a personal preference based on nostalgia, having kids, or being too broke/cheap.
That's not all it is. I want the games optimized for my middling $500 system. I don't want to mess with video cards and trying to optimize it myself. It's always more expensive and not as efficient.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
From Epic freebies and amazon prime gaming, haven't bought a game this year. They really are taking the piss the console manufacturers.
Yeah I got several games from Amazon and they aren't showing up on Epic, I went to uninstall it but noticed there's around 25 free games on it.
Legit games too, not demo's or anything.
What are you going on about?
I thought you said you made a living working with computers/tech?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No you can play with the setting on a PC game and make them look better than a console IMO.
Consoles only have a couple settings for you to play with, you get what you get.

Seems most games are made on made on and for PC these days then compiled and optimized for dev kits.
SO really you're computer doesn't have to be as powerful as the console in theory.
Also that console benchmark may not mean as much as a similar one from a PC.

Anyways yeah I just saw a YouTube video of a guy playing Cyberpunk without a dedicated graphics card.
Didn't look pleasant but it seemed to work.

I don't know why people complain about price with computers.
It may take some work on your end but you can always make or buy something for the $400-800 range that kill consoles.
PS5 were selling $1,300.
Maybe you might need to wait for that right GPU at the right price.

100proof

10 Year Member
That's not all it is. I want the games optimized for my middling $500 system. I don't want to mess with video cards and trying to optimize it myself. It's always more expensive and not as efficient.

There's an awful lot of "I've never played games on PC but have strong opinions about it" energy in here.

Any game made in the last decade takes a look at what hardware you have and optimizes itself for your hardware specs the first time you launch it. You can tweak those settings if you feel like it but most people never do unless there's an issue or they have specific wants/needs (higher FoV, lower input lag, etc.).

Perhaps I should've added ignorance to my list of reasons people still prefer consoles.