SNKP announces KOF XIII

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Nah, you're all right. I just don't like your username. I know "Neo [your name here]" is no good too, but at least it contains no racial preference.

I wish we could play KOF XIII in Korea. People don't know real games here. They'd rather play stolen PC games, and cell phone games that look kind of like the real thing, but in practice are all wrong. The best place to buy new console games in Korea is the flea markets where people bark at you about cell phones and cameras and offer to download the DS games for you. I remember going to the best arcade I could find in Seoul (there are basically none) and hoping they'd have KOF XII, but they didn't. Instead, I'm stuck here breathing kimchi flavored farts while people in Japan play XIII.

Didn't know about that! I thought Korea had nice arcades. Looks like i was wrong.

We share the pain then.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
SNK-Capcom.com had a chance to meet up with SNK Playmore USA about King of Fighters XIII, and extracted a few details about the eventual console release of the game. First off, they say the online play is going to be "kick-ass", and I certainly hope so because KOFXII's online play was anything but. They also mention don't expect the game in the immediate future, but closer to Q1 2011.

Could King of Fighters XIII be released around the same time as Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Mortal Kombat? Should SNK-Playmore wait for the hype of those games to die down or make a preemptive strike and release it earlier? Let us know what you think about the games console release in the comments!

Thanks to arstal on NeoGAF for the tip.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think they should release Kof 13 maybe at least a month after MvC3 and the new Mortal Kombat get released so that they don't get overtaken by the attention that those games will get, but no too far after their releases so they might be able to take advantage of the fighting game hype from the previous releases.