SNKP announces KOF XIII

vgg

Quiz Detective
So anything goes in KOF. They can bring in SNK (or ADK) characters from any era past or future, as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I'd ever worry about is the non-existent integrity of the KOF storyline.

NO!!!
Bury the World Heroes cast. never speak of them, the only character worth a uck was Mudman. There rest arent worth being extras in KOF backgrounds

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
Always bet on Duke. Duke Nukem and King of Fighters are both currently underdogs from the 90s, I respect 'em.

And man, KoF XIII could use a console release date, or at least an announcement that they're being worked on. Gotta have that KoF XIII.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, seriously. This is one game that will get me excited about gaming again. If it turns out well on consoles (good netcode etc) I'll be one of the most vocal fans.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So the arcades were a big beta test.

Works for me. I live in America, so I don't go to arcades to play fighting games. It'll be nice to play the perfected version in the comfort of my home.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Excellent, still looks as if they're really trying with this one! Multiplayer's the most important part of a fighting game imo, though - hopefully they'll really focus on that more with this game:vik:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
NO!!!
Bury the World Heroes cast. never speak of them, the only character worth a uck was Mudman. There rest arent worth being extras in KOF backgrounds

Fuck that. The World Heroes cast: superior.

KOF cast: inferior

If anything, KOF is unworthy of hosting the stupendous WH characters, but it would be worth them stooping to appear for the sake of elevating the series. Jeanne, Mudman, Captain Kidd, Brocken, Erick, Ryoko, and Rasputin are cooler than any of the characters created specifically for KOF, other than Vanessa, Ramon and Angel. And Neo Dio & Zeus are a million times cooler than any KOF boss has been. I mean, that suck ass Rugal? Give me a break.

I HAVE SPOKEN

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Rugal is the only KOF boss I really like. Mukai and Goenitz are okay, too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I never liked him. He looks like a dork and his ridiculous reaction time made me hate him from the first time I encountered him in '94.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Well yeah, he sucks to fight against. But I like the concept of the character and think he's a good aesthetic design.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I guess that's why we didn't get to hear anything about a XIII home port, they probably wanted to tweak it for the arcades first and then release the final version on the home market.
I know everyone here is waiting for an announcement about a home port, but the reason it hasn't been officially discussed is because they're focusing on the arcade version. If they announce a home port on the horizon it kills some of the hype and arcade-exclusivity. Arcade marketing 101.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I get it about SNK-P focusing on the arcade version, but I (and many others) still want a home release announcement.

Knowing what they're doing doesn't suddenly switch off our internal desire switch for a home release announcement.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I been busy, but is it true Malin, Oswald, Chang and Momoko are being added to the console version? is this true? :o

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2010/08/post_28.html

Some guy asked them to draw sprites for these certain characters to see how would they look in the new games. The blog hints that Oswald may be included in the home version if there was enough demand.

Edit:

And I agree that the WH characters are more interesting than almost all character introduced in KOF.

Last edited:

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
By way, arcades will be receiving KOF XIII version 1.1 today and tomorrow. SNKP hit us with an unannounced update. This makes me smile. :) Not that it's anything special, but it's nice to see SNKP doing what they should be doing!

http://www.alpha-st.co.jp/index2.html

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I get it about SNK-P focusing on the arcade version, but I (and many others) still want a home release announcement.

Knowing what they're doing doesn't suddenly switch off our internal desire switch for a home release announcement.
You know why it hasn't been announced, and you know it's obviously coming. Patience is a virtue. Is there any pleasing you? All of these obvious questions about a home release are getting real old.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I think it's clear that I've been plenty 'pleased' about KOF XIII. Go back and read my many compliments about what I've seen so far. It's way off the mark to insinuate that in any way.

Also, I'm not in any kind of minority when it comes to discussing a home release so I don't think the topic's getting old at all. And it certainly isn't going to stop being discussed just because you say it should, so I'd brace up for more of it if I were you.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think it's clear that I've been plenty 'pleased' about KOF XIII. Go back and read my many compliments about what I've seen so far. It's way off the mark to insinuate that in any way.

Also, I'm not in any kind of minority when it comes to discussing a home release so I don't think the topic's getting old at all. And it certainly isn't going to stop being discussed just because you say it should, so I'd brace up for more of it if I were you.
Nothing wrong with speculation about the home release, but these useless "When's the home port coming?" posts just come across as ignorant.