SNKP announces KOF XIII

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
kofxiii.jpg

saner

Krauser's Henchman
It's obviously going to be what KOFXII should have been.

And of course the KOFXII characters will have the same sprites they had in XII. , it has to be otherwise we will only be seeing 1 or 2 extra characters (I love the XII sprites anyways). I know the sprites the way they make them takes a very long time complete a character, but KOFXIII has been made alongside KOFXII, so we might get 10 or more characters, bringing it up to about 32, depending on how many close to finished characters they had that couldn't be added in time for KOFXII. We also have to consider other possible situations, they might have gotten a larger staff to produce the sprites faster and more characters planned at once.

We also have to accept the more than likely fact that KOFXIII WILL have a story, so there will be a boss, and will likely conclude the Ash saga unless this saga will exceed 3 episodes. And with that story, we can also expect the missing teams to be in there too. K' Team, Agents Team, etc.

There's really no reason to doubt SNKP. Every smart person knows why KOFXII is what it is, so they would realize right away how much better and more complete KOFXIII will be, especially with the extra year on its side.

Of course the final word is what will be revealed in the next 2 months, but people should be positive. KOFXII is a solid fighter despite feeling incomplete in the arcade mode and roster areas.

I also feel despite the great hard work on the stages, maybe they should find a less time consuming approach to provide more stages this time.
Either way, I feel the KOFXII should come back in KOFXIII to help the stage selection be a little bigger instead of starting totally from scratch again.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, i'm totally down to lick SNKP's anus for that last turd morsel if it produces a decent game. I mean, to be entirely honest, that's what we'd be doing.

I'll say this though. If this game retails for 60$ new I'm prolly gonna sit it out. Considering the fiasco we all went through for the last release, there better be compensation. SSFIV is coming out at 40$ brand new, and that game has a massive cast upgrade, cooler music, speed changes, damage work and other stuff, so there is no excuse for this to be full retail.

In current gen spec ops argument, SNKP is the lowest company on the totem pole, its at such a level now, to where people immediately shun brand new games as garbage because of such massive let downs and business failures.

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I'll say this though. If this game retails for 60$ new I'm prolly gonna sit it out. Considering the fiasco we all went through for the last release, there better be compensation. SSFIV is coming out at 40$ brand new, and that game has a massive cast upgrade, cooler music, speed changes, damage work and other stuff, so there is no excuse for this to be full retail.

In current gen spec ops argument, SNKP is the lowest company on the totem pole, its at such a level now, to where people immediately shun brand new games as garbage because of such massive let downs and business failures.

listen to yourself. KOFXIII is a brand new game. It should be judged on its own merits. Not what KOFXII ended up being, because anyone with a brain knew what they were buying. And if they were unsure about the online play, they would know better than to pay $60 for the first official KOF this generation that attempts online play outside Japan if they are that critical about online quality or other areas.

Reviews were up before it's official release date, player hands on previews were up the week before due to the early release.

Have any of you considered that KOFXIII can turn it to be something too good to miss out on?
If it delivers story, a boss, and a larger roster, it already deserves the $60 price tag. They aren't rich like Capcom who can afford to allow a $40 price tag on SuperSFIV.
Not all companies can afford missing out on the full price profits.

20$ may seem nothing but times that by the number of potential sales and that's how much money they would lose/miss if they cut the price tag because crybabies can't let go of the KOFXII case. It's just as dumb as the people that started a boycott related to Left 4 Dead 2, different case, but similiar complaints about L4D1 should of had everything they made for L4D2.

Look at Street Fighter 1, it's considered a failure in many ways, but did Capcom make Street Fighter 2 cheaper because everyone felt SF1 sucked?

Did everyone not give Street Fighter 2 a chance just because SF1 was one of the worst games ever created? Also Street Fighter III didn't start as a success story either. it wasn't until Third Strike that the series was crowned with much praise. And everytime III is mentioned, they would only talk about Third Strike.

KOFXII may be considered a low point in the series, but people should not carry over those opinions over to KOFXIII. Even expecting a lower price tag.

Just see everything KOFXIII will offer, then decide if you wanna spend $60 or not based on what it offers, not what KOFXII has done wrong to expect something ridiculous like a lower price tag for KOFXIII, because of all the possible things
related to KOFXIII (Story, bigger Character selection, boss, etc.), a lower price tag is the least likely to happen. Most people won't even care about the whole KOFXII subject. They'll buy KOFXIII full price anyway.

A good gamer doesn't miss out on great games, no matter how much someone may think a company "owes" them. If the product delivers have enough gameplay, content and presentation, then it's a done deal.

These days, people can find out virtually everything about a game before buying it, reviews, streams, message boards, etc. So if people think
they got robbed, they should of done their homework.

They should look at KOFXIII with a clear mind instead of dwelling in the past.

Last edited:

Nadanova

n00b
I'll just be patiently waiting for my local arcade to get ahold of a taito x2 cab :)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The game can be the next KOF98/99 but if the online play is what it was in XII, then the game will still be shit, imo.

I don't have a single friend in real life who will play KOFXII with me for more than a novelty.

Use GGfuckingPO, SNKP. If Arc can use it, so can you. It's wonderful software developed by someone who cares about your games.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
listen to yourself. KOFXIII is a brand new game. It should be judged on its own merits. Not what KOFXII ended up being, because anyone with a brain knew what they were buying. And if they were unsure about the online play, they would know better than to pay $60 for the first official KOF this generation that attempts online play outside Japan if they are that critical about online quality or other areas.

Reviews were up before it's official release date, player hands on previews were up the week before due to the early release.

Have any of you considered that KOFXIII can turn it to be something too good to miss out on?
If it delivers story, a boss, and a larger roster, it already deserves the $60 price tag. They aren't rich like Capcom who can afford to allow a $40 price tag on SuperSFIV.

20$ may seem nothing but times that by the number of potential sales and that's how much money they would lose/miss if they cut the price tag because crybabies can't let go of the KOFXII case. It's just as dumb as the people that started a boycott related to Left 4 Dead 2, different case, but similiar complaints about L4D1 should of had everything they made for L4D2.

Look at Street Fighter 1, it's considered a failure in many ways, but did Capcom make Street Fighter 2 cheaper because everyone felt SF1 sucked?

Did everyone not give Street Fighter 2 a chance just because SF1 was one of the worst games ever created? Also Street Fighter III didn't start as a success story either. it wasn't until Third Strike that the series was crowned with much praise. And everytime III is mentioned, they would only talk about Third Strike.

KOFXII may be considered a low point in the series, but people should not carry over those opinions over to KOFXIII. Even expecting a lower price tag.

Just see everything KOFXIII will offer, then decide if you wanna spend $60 or not based on what it offers, not what KOFXII has done wrong to expect something ridiculous like a lower price tag for KOFXIII, because of all the possible things
related to KOFXIII (Story, bigger Character selection, boss, etc.), a lower price tag is the least likely to happen. Most people won't even care about the whole KOFXII subject. They'll buy KOFXIII full price anyway.

A good gamer doesn't miss out on great games, no matter how much someone may think a company "owes" them. If the product delivers have enough gameplay, content and presentation, then it's a done deal.

These days, people can find out virtually everything about a game before buying it, reviews, streams, message boards, etc. So if people think

you sound like someone who works for SNKP.someone from KOF XIII development team.
One of the things i like on Kof XII:the intro music.I´m always whistling it.
and yeah i know i´ll be fucked again by SNKP, but i can´t wait to KOF XIII.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

God, why you're at it, why not come over and spell my own name for me. Everyone is aware of that shit.

This game was released at a 'fuck you' 60$ price tag.
LOL SNKP optimism. Have fun with that one.

I'll probably be spending all those nights people are bitching mastering cody's poke game in ssfiv.

People should not only expect a lower price tag, but a picture of the president of that company kissing the shoes of arcade players.

This kind of shit you can get away with when its a 20$ ps2 release, but not a marquee title.
Nah, they screwed up. Again, I did say if its good, I'll be hyping it. I'm fair as shit with games, if they are good and I play them, i'll bring others into the mix, if the game is unfinished, I won't.
Sorry, but SNKP needs to make this release the most monumental shit in its history, even its more diehard fans are saying 'wtf'

I don't care how great it is, due to SNKP's bs nature, they can't be getting away with a 60$ price tag on any game.

Last edited:

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
you sound like someone who works for SNKP.someone from KOF XIII development team.

Lol. I do think they need to speed it up. XII was too slow. It doesn't have the fast paced gameplay that KOF is known for. And a $40 price tag please. Go tell 'em that if you are part of the development team.

Reality Check

World Hero

2ngfrie.jpg

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Last edited:

Neo Pocky

Kuroko's Training Dummy
this is like trying to reason with children. 9_9

Don't worry. If it is good then everyone is going to buy it. If it gets a bad reaction than there will be less sales. With KOF XII I bought a used copy and then returned it within seven days. :D

With KOF XIII I will probably buy it as long as the story is good and Athena is still cute!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

saner

Krauser's Henchman
KOFXIII will of course be better in every way.

But people should remember that it will be thanks to KOFXII taking risks and building a new foundation for a new generation, that KOFXIII will be steps higher in quality and content.

Because really, if they didn't give KOF a new visual 2-D makeover, we would still be using
the ancient sprites KOFXI and the others games recycled over the years (I mean seriously, even characters like Kula have never received totally new sprites since 2000. Well in fact, she never received redone sprites, they just slapped more sprites/moves to her 2000 version.)

People demanded a total facelift for KOF and SNKP took the hard working path making it happen instead of going 3-D or just doing flat line art.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think there will be people who like XII when they come back to it some day. Especially if it has backgrounds, music and moves/combos that aren't in the next games. Just like how there are older MVS KOF's that weren't real well received back in their day, but now there are many fans who appreciate them.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I think there will be people who like XII when they come back to it some day. Especially if it has backgrounds, music and moves/combos that aren't in the next games. Just like how there are older MVS KOF's that weren't real well received back in their day, but now there are many fans who appreciate them.

OH!but i DO like KOF XII a lot!i just don´t have anyone to play with....
i know,i could say the same about my neo geo games, but at least they are all great fun when played single player.they have mid bosses,bosses, bonus stage and so on.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
XII has to have solid online play, or I just wont care

I don't know a single person who gives a shit about fighters. So unless I can play online, it gets boring after the first few times I beat arcade mode. Sucks to learn a game, and then have no human person to compete against

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

If they release a game for home console in any market, the onus is on SNK-P to make sure the game's features properly work for those markets. SNK-P is not excused just because this was 'their first try.'

We all knew it was going to be bare bones. They touted the game's strength would be it's competitive play, and the Xbox and PS3 versions had exclusive, console specific online play features. The one thing they assured us it would be able to do...it couldn't do.

So I call bullshit.

Have any of you considered that KOFXIII can turn it to be something too good to miss out on? If it delivers story, a boss, and a larger roster, it already deserves the $60 price tag. They aren't rich like Capcom who can afford to allow a $40 price tag on SuperSFIV.

I don't disagree with this. If it's a full game, you should pay full price.

That Capcom is offering SSFIV, and even RE5 Gold, at reduced prices, is a grace they are bestowing upon us. It's nothing they owe us.

That said, what SNK-P owes us is a good, polished and COMPLETE product.

Especially after the dismal failure of XII to deliver on its promise.

Well, they COULD if they were competently run and weren't constantly putting themselves in the hole with shitty decisions.

I understand what you're TRYING to say but this is a bad example. The market and the fan expectations back then weren't even remotely the same thing as they are today.

SNK-P promised something with XII that it simply didn't deliver. People have a right to be as skeptical as they want.

I agree, but if it's a shitty game we'll complain all the same.

And if it's a good game, we'll be happy.

Last edited:

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Taiso don't get yourself wet this time , ok?

Wouldn't like you feeling all blue because there is no boss in this game , mmkay?

;)

by the way , i m hyped as hell:)

can't wait for the preview

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Taiso don't get yourself wet this time , ok?

Wouldn't like you feeling all blue because there is no boss in this game , mmkay?

;)

Oh look, passive aggressive attacks followed by a smiley face to show me that 'it's all in jest' and that I shouldn't take offense. How quaint:oh_no:

Last edited: