SNK Resume Neo Geo Repairs

I think this would just piss them off.

Who? The people that try to rip people off with conversions without disclaiming it? Surely SNK could, for a fee of course, be able to open and certify the originality of their games. Even at $US50 a cart that's not bad if you're planning to spend big..

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Who? The people that try to rip people off with conversions without disclaiming it? Surely SNK could, for a fee of course, be able to open and certify the originality of their games. Even at $US50 a cart that's not bad if you're planning to spend big..

SNK is who. They would be overwhelmed with bootlegs. :lolz:

SNK is who. They would be overwhelmed with bootlegs. :lolz:

Perhaps so, but if people are paying for the service, they won't lose out. I'm sure there would be a lot of people here willing to pay to get verification before purchasing goods - I know I would.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Its really awesome how they still take care of their customers even after so many years... I give them a thumbs up

I have a PRO3 original joystick and a a neo geo CD joystick, I would love to fix the microswitches of the sticks =/ I'm very sad when I can't pull the specials on kof2000... VERY sad u_u

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It would be a lonely job waiting for a Neo Geo to break.

Two year old quote, but in case you haven't noticed, every day someone posts in Tech Support with a broken Neo Geo MVS/AES... That doesn't say much about their supposed quality.

illmattic

n00b
dont want to post this here but have no choice can someone tell me why i cant go into i trade or post a tread on the main page??? i can only replay to stuff

Heath

, cheyne stoking
dont want to post this here but have no choice can someone tell me why i cant go into i trade or post a tread on the main page??? i can only replay to stuff

Because your new? keep posting and you should be good to go.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Two year old quote, but in case you haven't noticed, every day someone posts in Tech Support with a broken Neo Geo MVS/AES... That doesn't say much about their supposed quality.
Maybe yes, maybe no. It does say a lot about their serviceability that the above-average game geeks and amateur arcade hobbyists can fix them with the assistance of some heavy duty game geeks and semi-pro arcade hobbyists though.

20 years is a long time.

FFS, I put an HDMI port on my MVS board this week. How is that even possible? We're living in a glorious future made possible in part by SNK.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
FFS, I put an HDMI port on my MVS board this week. How is that even possible? We're living in a glorious future made possible in part by SNK.

Is that a proper HDMI connection or analog to digital?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Has anyone tried the Neo Geo repair service? Any idea if it is still running?

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Since the thread was bumped -

Has anybody since used the repair service?

The link further up on this page goes nowhere unfortunately.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I just tried the link, it led me to a news site, which has a repair inquiry link, which is now dead. I'm gonna go with it's not running anymore, which makes me unhappy. I have an AES stick that needs fixing, and if I did it myself, I'd just ruin it, and that makes me sad. The Kidney stick I have as backup just isn't the same!

Tripp_655321

New Challenger
I dunno if he's still doing it or not, but you could always ask Xian. He's done some work for me before

atk

n00b
So I take it they have had to stop doing the repairs? Either way, very cool that SNK was offering this service so long after the AES was discontinued.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
So I take it they have had to stop doing the repairs? Either way, very cool that SNK was offering this service so long after the AES was discontinued.

Bad form necroposting dude. BAD NOBBIE BAD. Back in the hole with you.

atk

n00b
Bad form necroposting dude. BAD NOBBIE BAD. Back in the hole with you.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was considered bad etiquette on here to post in a sticky that hasn't been touched in a few months.